The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As long as no one gets injured tonight and everyone who played 120 mins comes off early..
Original post by Zerforax
It's funny how Pearce talked about wanting an unselfish player and yet Gerrard has probably had to have been the least selfish while playing for England over the past decade. The number of games he's played either out of position or had to curb his natural game for the benefit of others is unreal.

I agree about the unselfishness. Gerrard was very giving when beating the crap out of that lad in the bar a few years ago. Really generous with the uppercuts and blows to the body and head.

Very happy to see Parker given the armband. A true role model, a true professional and unlike Gerrard, not actually a tosser. Quite refreshing really.

Absolute nonsense article. You'd think Pepe wrote the bloody script after reading that.

It's a Spanish advert for a Spanish company, what the **** has this got to do with English groups?
Reply 3285
I'm genuinely disgusted that gutter press and even ****ing alleged advocacy groups trivialise racism and homophobia like this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Belle-x
Absolute nonsense article. You'd think Pepe wrote the bloody script after reading that.

Pathetic article. I can't see what's wrong with it to be honest.

It's nothing to do with their ethnicity. He feels 'unsafe' due to the fact the king thinks he is a queen. (Reina's name translates to this)

And the woman driver, there is no indication that the bad driving has anything to do with her sexuality, she just happens to be a woman.

:facepalm2:
Original post by Rainy
I'm genuinely disgusted that gutter press and even ****ing alleged advocacy groups trivialise racism and homophobia like this.

I don't get how they are trivializing it if they complained about it?
Reply 3288
Gerrard better not play longer than 45 ****ing minutes.

Pearce is a bad ****.
Original post by milan5baros
Pathetic article. I can't see what's wrong with it to be honest.

It's nothing to do with their ethnicity. He feels 'unsafe' due to the fact the king thinks he is a queen. (Reina's name translates to this)

And the woman driver, there is no indication that the bad driving has anything to do with her sexuality, she just happens to be a woman.

:facepalm2:

Agreed, there is barely anything in it and they are just clutching at straws. Nonsense.
(edited 12 years ago)
Gerrard played 120 minutes on Sunday. Surely right there is the reason for him not being the captain.
Reply 3292
North East-ism tbph. Should be hung drawn and quartered.
'Martin Kelly has loads of PL experience.'

Discuss.
If that is an injury i'm going to be furious
Reply 3295
Looks like Stevie is off early. That's why Stuart didn't pick him as captain.
Reply 3296
Straight down the tunnel = he's tweaked something. For ****'s sake. EDIT: Seems it was precautionary *phew*
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3297
Original post by Kevmeister
'Martin Kelly has loads of PL experience.'

Discuss.

Has a fair bit. Wouldn't say 'loads'.
Original post by mr tim
Looks like Stevie is off early. That's why Stuart didn't pick him as captain.

Didn't Pearce say he picked the captain two weeks ago?

Original post by Pn94
Has a fair bit. Wouldn't say 'loads'.

Thank you.

Jim-Jam

See above.
Reply 3299
Original post by Pn94
Straight down the tunnel = he's tweaked something. For ****'s sake.
Currently merging onto the M1, more likely. Saturday Night Fever's on Film4 later and the recorder's buggered.

Latest