The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by NinjaRikki
Okay cheers for the quick reply, and congrats again! Newcastle is my first choice, so quite stressed at the minute, hopefully I can calm down a bit :ashamed2:

thanks! I know it's pretty stressful to see many people saying they got offers but I'm sure many offers are still going to be given in the next couple of days/weeks, so, dont lose hope! and don't think too much that your interview didnt go that well, having in mind many people thought the same way and ended up getting offers!

Good luck :smile:
Original post by NinjaRikki
not sure I think so :smile: when was your interview

Mid-January :smile:
Reply 1562
Original post by loz876
haha yep that was me!!
yeah I am seriously! well I don't know if at this point we're allowed to disclose any questions so I won't (I think there's still an interview date left) but they asked me a question right at the end and I was like, WHAT and I panicked a bit and then tried to answer with nervous laughter and they were like "ok thank you". No I didn't have anything to ask at the end. I actually said barely anything about being a doctor, they didn't even ask me why I wanted to be a doctor! They obviously asked doctor-related questions but I never said anything like "well this is why I want to be a doctor etc..." even though I thought I would have to!
Do you remember who your interviewers were? I had two guys, one had grey hair, one was bald and I remember the bald one was an upper-GI surgeon or something like that...

I had the same interviewers =) Is the bald one an upper-GI surgeon? wow no wonder he looked ...u know =PP lol they threw me off with the "first question"...Do you like Westlife? ...I was like WTH how did you know (in my head of course) he said i know it from your email....and i was like oh right, and tried to remain calm and said i listen to all kinds of music etc... and the bald one had a mocking expression XD it was pretty funny i guess, but that was an interesting start to an interview HAHA the other guy seemed to be less talkative, and i had to ask him to repeat again cuz i couldnt understand his accent LOL sorry im international....anyways I thought i didnt do well in some parts (doctor parts) and the other parts were fine....im so anxious!!!!!! hate the wait!!!!!! oh and there was like a sheet of paper with columns...did they do it after your interview? cuz they didnt seem to put things on there during my interview... hope that's not a bad thing =P
Original post by coatwithnoarms
i got one yesterday too! :smile: mine said AAA with no specifics on the subjects. im doing four too, bio,chem, maths and physics. hahah and yess i think it means an A in chem may not be necessary :biggrin: :biggrin:

i think it was ranked because the offers coming out today have conditions :wink: hahah congrats but honestly its a strange order...
Reply 1564
Original post by emmie12343
i think it was ranked because the offers coming out today have conditions :wink: hahah congrats but honestly its a strange order...

Do Newcastle even do unconditional offers? I applied for biomed & medicine. Both say conditional, yet neither state any conditions (I already have my A2's).
Original post by M | k e
Do Newcastle even do unconditional offers? I applied for biomed & medicine. Both say conditional, yet neither state any conditions (I already have my A2's).

My biomedical sciences offer is unconditional :tongue: What are your conditions for it? :s-smilie:
Reply 1566
Original post by M | k e

You need to provide evidence of your grades to the medical school, then they'll be changed to unconditional.
Reply 1567
Original post by platty1907
My biomedical sciences offer is unconditional :tongue: What are your conditions for it? :s-smilie:

None, it just says "Obtain the following: " or something and nothings there hehe :redface:.

Original post by Beska
You need to provide evidence of your grades to the medical school, then they'll be changed to unconditional.

Guess that'll be it, says send them CRB & A level certificates. But I meant original offers, surely all conditional unless you've pre-emptively done this.
Reply 1568
Original post by yanb0706
I had the same interviewers =) Is the bald one an upper-GI surgeon? wow no wonder he looked ...u know =PP lol they threw me off with the "first question"...Do you like Westlife? ...I was like WTH how did you know (in my head of course) he said i know it from your email....and i was like oh right, and tried to remain calm and said i listen to all kinds of music etc... and the bald one had a mocking expression XD it was pretty funny i guess, but that was an interesting start to an interview HAHA the other guy seemed to be less talkative, and i had to ask him to repeat again cuz i couldnt understand his accent LOL sorry im international....anyways I thought i didnt do well in some parts (doctor parts) and the other parts were fine....im so anxious!!!!!! hate the wait!!!!!! oh and there was like a sheet of paper with columns...did they do it after your interview? cuz they didnt seem to put things on there during my interview... hope that's not a bad thing =P

haha, that's a weird question!! yeah we actually talked about music in mine too :smile: they were quite funny actually, I did have a few laughs :tongue:! I feel the same way, I thought some bits were really fine but others I didn't think I'd done so well! Yeah I think there was a sheet, one man was just doing random tallies and lines, don't really know what they meant! I'm guessing they wrote more after I left!
Reply 1569
Original post by loz876
haha, that's a weird question!! yeah we actually talked about music in mine too :smile: they were quite funny actually, I did have a few laughs :tongue:! I feel the same way, I thought some bits were really fine but others I didn't think I'd done so well! Yeah I think there was a sheet, one man was just doing random tallies and lines, don't really know what they meant! I'm guessing they wrote more after I left!

haha seems like they're interested in music then XDD hehe, anyways congrats on your offer!!! and hopefully ill see you in september^^
Original post by alt31
what time did you get the email? :smile:

At about 12.30pm I think
Original post by Beska

How do you do this, could I just scan them in and email them? Or if we have to post them, do we post the originals or photocopies? Will I get further information about this by the medical school, I only have the decision letter on track to go on.

PS really sorry to those still waiting I know how annoying it is read people talking about post-offer information.
Does anyone know how to firm offers on the UCAS website? I got an unconditional yesterday for 5 year course at Newcastle (am a graduate) and want to snatch their hand off.

Further to the discussion about interviews too - I thought mine went hopeless so don't despair.
Reply 1573
Original post by username-x
How do you do this, could I just scan them in and email them? Or if we have to post them, do we post the originals or photocopies? Will I get further information about this by the medical school, I only have the decision letter on track to go on.

PS really sorry to those still waiting I know how annoying it is read people talking about post-offer information.

They will want to see the actual certificates - you'll have to send them recorded post. You'll get information about this in due course.
Original post by Big_hitter_andy
Does anyone know how to firm offers on the UCAS website? I got an unconditional yesterday for 5 year course at Newcastle (am a graduate) and want to snatch their hand off.

Further to the discussion about interviews too - I thought mine went hopeless so don't despair.

You'll need to have answers/withdraw from all other choices before you see the "reply to offers" link.
Anyone know if the accommodation is first-come first-served?
Original post by Beska
They will want to see the actual certificates - you'll have to send them recorded post. You'll get information about this in due course.

You'll need to have answers/withdraw from all other choices before you see the "reply to offers" link.

Thanks, the only one I'm waiting for now is the 5 year with 2 years at Durham. Can't really see them offering me a place on both. However, I am loathe to click "withdraw" in case my unconditional offer has been a catastrophic failure on someone in the offices part, thus leaving me with nothing. Any thoughts? Want to firm the 5 year at Newcastle as soon as possible.
Reply 1576
Thanks, the only one I'm waiting for now is the 5 year with 2 years at Durham. Can't really see them offering me a place on both. However, I am loathe to click "withdraw" in case my unconditional offer has been a catastrophic failure on someone in the offices part, thus leaving me with nothing. Any thoughts? Want to firm the 5 year at Newcastle as soon as possible.

The offer won't be a mistake of course, as long as you're 100% sure you will choose Newcastle even if you got that offer then there's no harm withdrawing :tongue: I'm planning on withdrawing from my last interview as I don't see myself ever choosing that uni over my current offers and someone else could take my interview place and have a go I hope :smile:
Reply 1577

You might as well wait, there's no disadvantage to doing so.
Reply 1578
Offer :biggrin: AAHHHHH I really, really like Newcastle. London or Newcastle?! argh.
Reply 1579
Original post by TillyOB
Offer :biggrin: AAHHHHH I really, really like Newcastle. London or Newcastle?! argh.

congrats! :smile: a bit jealous :wink:
when did you get the email?

Quick Reply