The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessca
How difficult a subject is depends upon the person - for me psychology is my easiest subject, compared to business studies which I find actually difficult at many points - please attempt Net Present Value and Critical Path Analysis and then say it is the easiest A-level
:| I really dislike people who feel they have to slag off other people's subjects and say they are "easy"

Excuse me, but I actually took Business studies-AS last year and achieved an A grade above 85%. I would say i'm in a pretty good position to judge how easy it is. It's an easy a-level.
Original post by adamcusirinzon
Excuse me, but I actually took Business studies-AS last year and achieved an A grade above 85%. I would say i'm in a pretty good position to judge how easy it is. It's an easy a-level.

Then again, i'm from Jewish descent so knowing how to make money come's naturally :wink:
And i'm sorry for being rude, but for me personally it's the easiest a-level. It's the only one I could ever manage an A in
I feel that tomorrow's Thursday is going to be very weird :colondollar:
Reply 1444
anyone else doing edexcel physics on the go? if so, how are you feeling?

So you lost 10-15% of the marks (or UMS)?
Reply 1446
Anyone know when the Edexcel grade boundaries for gce units are released ?
Original post by SoftMusk
ohh, well our teachers go into degree level stuff or teach us things from the old spec for like 2 hours or they criticize if you dont understand something so i dont bother asking for help lol :frown: i just work at home and i have a tutor who teaches me at home

That's rather pointless. The degree level content, I mean. My teacher will go into A2 content with me - I'm currently doing AS - but that is only because I'm quite capable and sometimes, like with equilibria, it is worthwhile for him to teach me the AS content and then build upon it with the A2 content straight away.

For my January exam I completed all the relevant past papers and so my teacher did give me older papers to attempt, but only the questions that were still on the new syllabus. Different formats and so on to test my ability to decipher what I was being asked when it was put differently.

You have every right to ask if you don't understand something straight away, as that is what they're there to do - assist and facilitate in your learning. You shouldn't be having to spend money on a tutor and be using up more of your time because they are approaching teaching in entirely the wrong way.
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
So you lost 10-15% of the marks (or UMS)?

In BS1 I had 94% raw mark
In BS2 I had an A but barely....I focused completely on subjects such as law and chem in the summer though where as bs1 was my only exam in jan.
In BS1 I had 94% raw mark
In BS2 I had an A but barely....I focused completely on subjects such as law and chem in the summer though where as bs1 was my only exam in jan.

Well done on your BS1.
I'm just saying that you can't call a subject easy if you can't get 100% in it.
Well done on your BS1.

Ridiculous.

You can find a subject easy, yet make silly mistakes in exams, and also with essay based exams, there are subjective examiners - so it's hard to get 100%.
Original post by whatever_x
Ahh hi5!
Completely different topics though, I done Anomalistic, Depression & Research Methods :tongue:
Did you get the issues with diagnosis & classification as your schizophrenia question? I kept getting told by everyone that it would come up for Depression & I revised it so much but it didn't come up :frown:

yeah I did, sad times :frown:
Reply 1452
Original post by laurentommo
Why are people negging your post? -.-

BUSS3 was actually really difficult especially the finance question on stakeholders/shareholders? had absolutely no idea for that and the ICT resit well lets just say I'll probably be sticking with the first exam haha the resit was terrible! :mad:

Hope you did well in BUSS3 tell me what you got :smile:

LOL for Buss3 the only things i remember is me spending like 18mins on the first 10 mark question and still having time to finish the 30 mark question that's how i kno it didn't go well =P

I'll let you know how it goes, that is, if i don't get shipped back to India in a mango crate b4 that.
Well done on your BS1.

Thank you. Well I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that point then. I admit was comment was flippant. However, it's the only subject I don't have to look over my notes for and I can just revise a month and a half before. With chem and biol it's a consistent effort. And Russell group universities recognize that Business Studies is a 'soft a-level'. I dont care, I really enjoy it
Original post by JDO9700
Anyone know when the Edexcel grade boundaries for gce units are released ?

All exam boards will update their grade boundaries the day before results, so you can get hold of the relevant information on the 7th of March. :smile:
Reply 1455
Will the grade boundaries be on the respective exam board websites?
i heard that as well but then i thought would they really be allowed to sell it if its actually from that stuff and it keeps me awake so yh :smile:

well i did AS maths last year, so im predicted A* for A2 this year.
for further maths, physics and economics im predicted an A.
you?

Im predicted A for ICT because i got that at AS and for languages im predicted a C because Im doing AS+A2 in one year and then biology and chem im predicted D and C respectively but i dont ever think ill be able to get that C lol
Original post by Tullia
That's rather pointless. The degree level content, I mean. My teacher will go into A2 content with me - I'm currently doing AS - but that is only because I'm quite capable and sometimes, like with equilibria, it is worthwhile for him to teach me the AS content and then build upon it with the A2 content straight away.

For my January exam I completed all the relevant past papers and so my teacher did give me older papers to attempt, but only the questions that were still on the new syllabus. Different formats and so on to test my ability to decipher what I was being asked when it was put differently.

You have every right to ask if you don't understand something straight away, as that is what they're there to do - assist and facilitate in your learning. You shouldn't be having to spend money on a tutor and be using up more of your time because they are approaching teaching in entirely the wrong way.

oh, thats cool, like for january exams at AS he gave us one past paper and we did that and he gave us that for our mock so we couldnt really test ourselves..i decided to get myself some past papers and go through them lol

Even this year we were supposed to do a mock for chem 4 and he gave us a past paper and he goes you might want to look through it properly so we did and when we did the mock it was exactly the same LOL kinda funneh

I think the exams this year were kinda hard ugh!! i just hope i dont have to resit. As for the tutor, it reinforces my learning so i guess its not really wasting money, i was on U's and now im being predicted C-D's (: and the good thing is i actually came from BTEC science at GCSE and i remember at AS i didnt even know how to work out molecular masses whilst everyone else did as they were from GCSE..but ive worked hard and done it!
Seriously? Complaining about business studies? It's purely common sense and simple. Easiest A-level out there

Do you do business studies? if not then you clearly have no understanding of it. Love to see you get A* in every business paper with that attitude, :rolleyes: kids these days.
Reply 1459
^ +1
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest