The Student Room Group

Tresemme causing itching and bad skin?

Has anyone else found Tresemme hair products make them itchy or break out? Started using Tresemme heat protection spray and hairspray a couple of weeks ago, and over the last week my skin has become really itchy, and I've had a bad acne break out. The weird thing is my skin all over my body is itchy, even my legs, and it's not like my hair or any of the products will have touched my legs. :confused: Gonna try using different products tomorrow and see if it calms down, but I'm a bit gutted that I've spent money on something I'm irritated by, plus when I used to use Tresemme a few years ago I never had any problem. Hair products with macadamia oil also cause this problem for me, but I've checked the ingredients list and it doesn't include macadamia oil. Has anyone else experienced this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Shockolate
Has anyone else found Tresemme hair products make them itchy or break out? Started using Tresemme heat protection spray and hairspray a couple of weeks ago, and over the last week my skin has become really itchy, and I've had a bad acne break out. The weird thing is my skin all over my body is itchy, even my legs, and it's not like my hair or any of the products will have touched my legs. :confused: Gonna try using different products tomorrow and see if it calms down, but I'm a bit gutted that I've spent money on something I'm irritated by, plus when I used to use Tresemme a few years ago I never had any problem. Hair products with macadamia oil also cause this problem for me, but I've checked the ingredients list and it doesn't include macadamia oil. Has anyone else experienced this?

Urgh this stuff doesnt agree with me. One product actually burnt my scalp and it was sooo painful! Never again. You make be sensitive to an ingredent? Do you have any known allergies apart from macadamia? ... You may be itchy all over just due to contact.. Say you bend down and your hair brushes past your leg or you rinse a tressemme conditoner off and it comes in contact with the rest of you body when rinsing. I think ditching the stuff and using something else is advisable
Reply 2
Original post by 09robiha
Urgh this stuff doesnt agree with me. One product actually burnt my scalp and it was sooo painful! Never again. You make be sensitive to an ingredent? Do you have any known allergies apart from macadamia? ... You may be itchy all over just due to contact.. Say you bend down and your hair brushes past your leg or you rinse a tressemme conditoner off and it comes in contact with the rest of you body when rinsing. I think ditching the stuff and using something else is advisable

Oh god, that sounds awful, did you complain to them or anything?

Nope I don't have any allergies other than this macadamia oil that seems to keep popping up in everything, I'm thinking I'm maybe sensitive to the perfume in Tresemme because everything else in it seems to look pretty standard. Yeah definitely using different products today, I've actually made myself bleed from scratching myself when I've been half asleep! Thanks for your reply :smile:
Reply 3
Oh god, that sounds awful, did you complain to them or anything?

Nope I don't have any allergies other than this macadamia oil that seems to keep popping up in everything, I'm thinking I'm maybe sensitive to the perfume in Tresemme because everything else in it seems to look pretty standard. Yeah definitely using different products today, I've actually made myself bleed from scratching myself when I've been half asleep! Thanks for your reply :smile:

Yeahh i did complain and demanded my money back.. But other than a pathetic apology letter i didnt hear much back. Corporate companies suck! Anddd perfume or fragrance senstivities are more common than you think - there just too harsh for delicate skin!! I hope you feel less itchy today and it gets better soon!
Reply 4
Thats because its not for you... Its for professionals!

sorry couldn't help myself.
Reply 5
I've never tried that specific product, but I have used Tresemme shampoos and conditioners and those have never caused a problem for me.

Fructis shampoo was awful. Made my scalp spotty and itchy.
Reply 6
I have been fighting a losing battle with acne on my face, chest and back since giving birth to my children and tried everything under the sun to get rid of the problem. Last week, I decided to try going back to a shampoo I used to use before I had this problem, when my skin was clear, and I stopped using Tresemme. My acne disappeared within 5 days. I was thrilled but also very upset that not one doctor (saw GP, dermatologist, and Naturopathic doctor) ever asked me what products I used regularly, and only shoved the products at me that THEY wanted me to use/buy. I WISH there was at least one person out there who had suggested that this could be the problem so I could have had relief a long time ago. I plan to share this with everyone I encounter with skin issues, and I thank YOU for putting it out into cyberspace for me to confirm my suspicions about this horrible product. I can't believe I might actually have a blemish-free future, something I thought I'd never have. Best of luck to all of you.
Reply 7
Original post by Jamil1987
Thats because its not for you... Its for professionals!

sorry couldn't help myself.

lmao yes pal
Reply 8
Oh thank god! I thought I was imagining things. But one thing. I love the results that my tresemmme split remedy is giving my hair! And without it my hair goes into a huge frizz ball. But I don't want this horrible break out I'm getting around my hair line and forehead. Any ideas one what else could give me the good hair and not make me look like a connect the dots picture!!??
Reply 9
Some products doesn't suits our skin so it is better take somebody suggestion before using the product.
Go with the loreal total repair extreme. I am using the tresemme because I ran out of my loreal... huge mistake!
yes I AGRREE TRESEMME IS AWFUL - TRESEMME IS VERY BAD FOR MY SKIN AND MY HEAD ITCHES LIKE CRAZY !
Reply 12

yes just spent a fortune on shampoo + conditioner (keratin smooth) ended up with a rash that started on my neck and it stopped at my knees ,it was so bad I couldn't see any skin at the top of my body ,and omg did it itch ! I ended up going to hospital as I was so uncomfortable ,they gave me steroid cream ,it took bout a week for it to ease ,wont be using that again.
Reply 13
Yes I have been having that problem also. Going to allergy Dr. Went to Free and Clear products. Still itchi g terribly all over. No rash or anything. Dr said it has to work it's way out of system and takes 6 wks. I'm living on Benydral to calm some.. I have used this a long time. Been itchi g for 1 yr. If this ever clears up I'll never use it again.
Reply 14
Original post by Ooehlke
Yes I have been having that problem also. Going to allergy Dr. Went to Free and Clear products. Still itchi g terribly all over. No rash or anything. Dr said it has to work it's way out of system and takes 6 wks. I'm living on Benydral to calm some.. I have used this a long time. Been itching for 1 yr. If this ever clears up I'll never use it again.
Yes I have! I used it once years ago it my head started itching to the point it felt like it was burning, I use simple now
Reply 16
Yes Treseme has been the problem for me and nickel and gold. Had many test by allergist. Now I'm waiting out and not us I g that shampoo. Itching for 1 yr. Can't wear my je werly and use all free and clear products. Clinique makeup. It's been terrible. Living on allergy pills. Benydral works best. When u use that shampoo it takes 6 wks to get out of your system. Been a big struggle for me. Hope this helps.
Reply 17
maybe your allergic or sensitive to something in the tresemme shampoo. try milder shampoos that dont have so much perfume and excessive ingredients and gentler on the scalp :smile:
Yes I've been using tresseme mouse for ages and at 76 kept getting spots on my neck below the hairline .My hairdresser suggested it could be an allergy. I've changed to a different mouse and ok now. So yours sounds the same.
Same thing happend with me i cant understand what shall i do now how to get rid of this itchiness what shall i do i will never ever use this shampoo in my life shee i hate this tresme

Quick Reply

Latest