The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loopy786
Think EU and how they like to preserve addictive things.

huh? What's the answer?? :smile:

Sadly, this did little more than confusing me a lot more. Any possibility you could post the answer/send in pm?

could you please tell me or message it to me? :-)
Original post by Skrivmaskinen
Sadly, this did little more than confusing me a lot more. Any possibility you could post the answer/send in pm?

its annoying me lol :frown:
Original post by sarahfitzzzzzzz
its annoying me lol :frown:

Original post by Skrivmaskinen

Just think of a list of numbers which dictate how hyper kids might be getting...
Right, got it. Thanks a lot!
Are there any other clues for the copper level?
Reply 207
yea, i was miles off. but i did get it done eventually! (top 50 in the world!)

try looking at the ingredients of sweets. how do they do the colours?! such as "sunset yellow" on the bob the builder cake!
Argh! The entry level question is impossible, it's been annoying me for hours! PLEASE can someone give me a hint!
Reply 209
Original post by Oromis263
Nicely done, I chose sleep though last night, I reckon I could have battled on. Found Silver-Rg extremely easy and blasted through them in 5 minutes flat after I'd got copper, just a shame I had no study periods from first until 5th, so had no time to give it another go earlier! :frown: Came top 40 last month, quite disappointed this time around! Hopefully next month will be better.

Spoiler

Can anyone help with Au please? I keep getting loads of different (wrong) answers and I don't know why :/
Original post by Supermandem
Argh! The entry level question is impossible, it's been annoying me for hours! PLEASE can someone give me a hint!

Ok, can you count to 20, and do you recognise the format that the molecule has been displayed in? I would recommend working out a formula for the molecule shown.
Reply 211
Hello, me too..I have spent hours on the entry question..a big hint would be wonderful..Thank you and I will return the favour on the harder levels or next month. Many thanks
Reply 212
The Au level question is about permutations with and without repetition. Simple maths will get you the right result.
Original post by Oromis263
Ok, can you count to 20, and do you recognise the format that the molecule has been displayed in? I would recommend working out a formula for the molecule shown.

Haven't done molecules in this form yet, I recognise the benzene rings but we haven't done structure like this yet, so that's why I'm stumped. Could you give me the name of the molecule?
Haven't done molecules in this form yet, I recognise the benzene rings but we haven't done structure like this yet, so that's why I'm stumped. Could you give me the name of the molecule?

Original post by 1ILF234
Hello, me too..I have spent hours on the entry question..a big hint would be wonderful..Thank you and I will return the favour on the harder levels or next month. Many thanks

Have you seen a skeletal formula before? If not, have a quick look on the internet, find out what they are.

Spoiler

It's obtained from the bark of a cinchona tree...
Ag is confusing me. Any vague pointers?
Original post by polkadotty5
Ag is confusing me. Any vague pointers?

Look where they are on the periodic table.
I'm confused as to why rhenium is last. It would be way to obvious if it was first but still...
Does the font size and the picture of Lady Justice count for anything?
Original post by polkadotty5
I'm confused as to why rhenium is last. It would be way to obvious if it was first but still...
Does the font size and the picture of Lady Justice count for anything?

I can't think what it'd have to do with lady justice, but font size is the key to it. Imagine if each of those element symbols had the same mass.

Quick Reply

Latest