The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical School Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Interview tomorrow :O
Original post by VMDMD
Hey everyone waiting for Leicester interviews! As a post-interviewee and offer holder...I honestly wouldn't worry - easier said than done! You will of course be nervous. However the interviewers were lovely and stations were very fair and to be honest the Q's were pretty standard amongst other uni medical school interviews. Just concentrate on the stuff you would concentrate on for any medical school interview and you'll be fine. The couple of stations where it's something more specific can't be prepared for anyway - so I wouldnt worry - you also have plenty of time at each station. Just read through the usual interview stuff and dont worry too much - I think most people I met were surprised by how much better it was in realitty than in their head!

As a post interview but as-yet-have-heard-nothing applicant, I agree with this (for what it's worth!).

VMDMD, are you a GEM applicant (offer holder :smile: then? When did you hear back?
Original post by NinjaRikki
Hey everyone got my first choice offer, so I am withdrawing from my interview, so that someone else hopefully gets an interview! Good luck everyone and I hope you all get what you want!

Ahh, nice one buddy all the best for the future. Btw, have we met before? Your name looks very familiar.
Original post by jamil78613
Ahh, nice one buddy all the best for the future. Btw, have we met before? Your name looks very familiar.

Hahaha, thanks buddy, and maybe we have? You seem like a really nice person...
Reply 1184
Original post by MusicNow
As a post interview but as-yet-have-heard-nothing applicant, I agree with this (for what it's worth!).

VMDMD, are you a GEM applicant (offer holder :smile: then? When did you hear back?

Yes GEP 4yr - heard last thurs 23rd Feb
Hello everyone!
My offer for the 5 year program came on the 17 of Feb, I am an international from Malaysia and had my interview on the 11th of Jan in Malaysia as well.

All the best to all the Leicester hopefuls! ^^
Here's hoping that with the second round of interviews out of the way a few more grads will hear back next week.
Just wondering what to do about the immunisations and tests we're supposed to have? Are we supposed to be getting this sorted now or waiting for offers and the uni will sort it?
Original post by PurpleThursdays
Just wondering what to do about the immunisations and tests we're supposed to have? Are we supposed to be getting this sorted now or waiting for offers and the uni will sort it?

I don't think you're expected to get them until you receive an offer. The longest course will be Hep B which takes six months, but you're unlikely to be spending much time in hospital for the first few months of the course anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, if you get it before you are made an offer you might have to pay for it!
Original post by MusicNow
I don't think you're expected to get them until you receive an offer. The longest course will be Hep B which takes six months, but you're unlikely to be spending much time in hospital for the first few months of the course anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, if you get it before you are made an offer you might have to pay for it!

Thanks :smile: I had a minor panic that I wouldn't be allowed in or something
Reply 1190
arhhh this wait is unbearable
I soooooo need this offer
Reply 1191
Original post by manu01
arhhh this wait is unbearable
I soooooo need this offer

When was your interview Manu01? Are you a gep or an undergrad applicant?
Just received an offer for the GEP course. Email from the admissions office. However, it was rather unexpected cos I withdrew my application last week.

Hope others hear soon.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know when the undergrads will be getting post interview rejections/offers? thanks:smile:
Reply 1194
It went up on the leicester admissions update today that they will be starting to hand out offers/rejections as of now. This was the exact post :
"Posted 12/03/2012

We have now conducted a large number of interviews and we are now in a position to start making offers for A100 Home/EU students.

A101 graduates and A100 international applicants are already receiving decisions and this will be ongoing.

Please be patient if you have not heard from us and please do not contact the Medical School at this busy time."
Reply 1195
Original post by Noodle22
When was your interview Manu01? Are you a gep or an undergrad applicant?

I am undergrad applicant my interview was on the 1st march
Reply 1196
Original post by Noodle22
It went up on the leicester admissions update today that they will be starting to hand out offers/rejections as of now. This was the exact post :
"Posted 12/03/2012

We have now conducted a large number of interviews and we are now in a position to start making offers for A100 Home/EU students.

A101 graduates and A100 international applicants are already receiving decisions and this will be ongoing.

Please be patient if you have not heard from us and please do not contact the Medical School at this busy time."

on their website it says that we won't hear until after everyone's been interviewed? i.e. we wont hear until april?

I hope they reply sooner though! I'm dying to hear!

edit: no wait, I think you're right! good luck everyone!

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/medicine/admissionsupdates
(edited 12 years ago)
Got my interview soon! Scary stuff!!! x
Has anyone got any last minute helpfuls tips for us last few interview stragglers?
Reply 1199
Original post by Betteroony
Has anyone got any last minute helpfuls tips for us last few interview stragglers?

I know you may have heard this before, but I ll just stress it, RELAXXX and stay calm the interview isnt too bad

Just be yourself!

good luck!!! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest