Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by judhika
Oh thank you :smile: yeah my friend stays there too, and seems to love it!

i wanted to ask how much you spend on shopping a week would you say? and the ups and downs of SPC? I'm pretty sure i know im gna stay there cos it sounds like just what i want :smile:

ooo how many people are in one flat btw?

Shopping can be between £10 - £20 but this depends on whether I'm buying meat and chocolate and other treats, it really depends.

Advantages of SPC: free bus to town and uni, nice ensuites, self catered but still one of "the uni halls", very close to town so much cheaper taxis.

Disadvantages: if you are in new block, you can sometimes feel a bit left out, however there are still plenty of freshers in new block so it's really easy to make friends with people. I can't really think of any more things, if I do I will come back and post.

In my flat there are 5 people but there can be up to 7.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by olddad
Fees for halls are paid by the term. If you are dependent on loans, let the accom people know and they will set payments dates to suit.

thanks alot for the help :smile: do you know if all the halls on UP have large single studies? and if not, which ones do? :smile:
Original post by natty_d
Shopping can be between £10 - £20 but this depends on whether I'm buying meat and chocolate and other treats, it really depends.

Advantages of SPC: free bus to town and uni, nice ensuites, self catered but still one of "the uni halls", very close to town so much cheaper taxis.

Disadvantages: if you are in new block, you can sometimes feel a bit left out, however there are still plenty of freshers in new block so it's really easy to make friends with people. I can't really think of any more things, if I do I will come back and post.

How come?
Reply 43
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
How come?

Oh I'm not sure if you saw my post above.

Old block is basically all freshers but new block has freshers as well as postgrads. Not that many postgrads but still. There is also the knoll area - it's a bit of grass where people hang out.

It's fine now though because you make friends with people in the old block and they come over and you go over to theirs.
Original post by natty_d
Oh I'm not sure if you saw my post above.

Old block is basically all freshers but new block has freshers as well as postgrads. Not that many postgrads but still. There is also the knoll area - it's a bit of grass where people hang out.

It's fine now though because you make friends with people in the old block and they come over and you go over to theirs.

Ah understand now.

I'm looking for self-catered and ensuite.
SPC, Broadgate both interest me, Raleigh Park looks great but no ensuite for undergrads. Sometime could you get a pic taken of the ensuite? :smile:

Where else should I put down for a choice?
Reply 45
I'm thinking of going for self-catered accommodation. Can someone please tell me which hall is the nearest to the Law classes? If I'm not mistaken Law department is near the Trent side which is like in the middle! Which is better, en suite or large single?
Original post by olddad
Fees for halls are paid by the term. If you are dependent on loans, let the accom people know and they will set payments dates to suit.

Thank you so much olddad! :smile:
Reply 47
I've decided - St' Peter's Court :smile: Thanks for the help Nottingham students woop!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
Ah understand now.

I'm looking for self-catered and ensuite.
SPC, Broadgate both interest me, Raleigh Park looks great but no ensuite for undergrads. Sometime could you get a pic taken of the ensuite? :smile:

Where else should I put down for a choice?

The self-catered sites that are still "uni halls" are quite limited. Here are some photos of my room :smile:

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00114.JPG
Original post by natty_d
The self-catered sites that are still "uni halls" are quite limited. Here are some photos of my room :smile:

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00114.JPG

Can't seem to see the first two attachments. :frown: What kind of accommodation are you living in?
1. SPC - Ensuite
2. Broadgate - Ensuite
3. Raleigh Park - Single flat
Original post by Akiraryuu
I'm thinking of going for self-catered accommodation. Can someone please tell me which hall is the nearest to the Law classes? If I'm not mistaken Law department is near the Trent side which is like in the middle! Which is better, en suite or large single?

BGP. I'd say it's a 7 minute walk from the front gate of BGP. At my speed, anyway.

I've had a quick look at the timetable for first year law students - most classes are in the law and social sciences building, which is closest to BGP. There seems to be one in Clive Granger but that's not that far away. There will be plenty of others worse off than you. I'm in Ancaster(in UP) and I've had lectures all the way over in QMC(Queen's Medical Centre which is the other side of campus), Pope and Coates. So you'll be fine. Hallward - your library - will be right next door(to law and social sciences).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by natty_d

Thank-you for your massive help! Think my mind is set on SPC.

Just to check, the hopper bus goes to the city centre as well?! That's really good...even though I'll have my car it'll be great to get around for free most of the time!

Also, that en-suite looks pretty damn decent...could get far far worse and to be honest I was expecting it lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by alexs2602
BGP. I'd say it's a 7 minute walk from the front gate of BGP. At my speed, anyway.

I've had a quick look at the timetable for first year law students - most classes are in the law and social sciences building, which is closest to BGP. There seems to be one in Clive Granger but that's not that far away. There will be plenty of others worse off than you. I'm in Ancaster(in UP) and I've had lectures all the way over in QMC(Queen's Medical Centre which is the other side of campus), Pope and Coates. So you'll be fine. Hallward - your library - will be right next door(to law and social sciences).

Thank you so much. 7 minute walk is not too bad, I can manage that :smile: Now I'm fully convinced to apply to BGP!
Thank you so much. 7 minute walk is not too bad, I can manage that :smile: Now I'm fully convinced to apply to BGP!

Bear in mind I'm a fast walker and it may depend where you're situated in BGP but it is the closest self catered accommodation. No question.
Reply 55
Bear in mind I'm a fast walker and it may depend where you're situated in BGP but it is the closest self catered accommodation. No question.

I'm quite a fast walker myself, well as fast as a person with short legs can walk anyways. Which room did you choose? I'm torn between a large single or a large en suite.
I'm quite a fast walker myself, well as fast as a person with short legs can walk anyways. Which room did you choose? I'm torn between a large single or a large en suite.

I'm in a large single study in Ancaster on UP(which is in between BGP and the Law and Social sciences building). If you're on a budget go for a large single study - you don't need an ensuite but if you want one and have plenty of wedge/money then it's your choice. However, considering you're trying to choose between the two I'd go for a large single. There are two supermarkets about 10 mins from BGP for food btw.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
I'm in a large single study in Ancaster on UP(which is in between BGP and the Law and Social sciences building). If you're on a budget go for a large single study - you don't need an ensuite but if you want one and have plenty of wedge/money then it's your choice. However, considering you're trying to choose between the two I'd go for a large single. There are two supermarkets about 10 mins from BGP for food btw.

Oh, large single study it is! It's a difference of £1275 per year between large single and large en suite. That's a lot of money!
Oh, large single study it is! It's a difference of £1275 per year between large single and large en suite. That's a lot of money!

Definitely. That's enough to feed you for a year, pretty much.
Reply 59
Definitely. That's enough to feed you for a year, pretty much.

I'd rather spend the money on food anyways, rather than an extra toilet which I need to clean it myself :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending