Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What are you willing to spend decent money on? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What objects are you happy to spend a fair amount of money on?

For me, it's a brown leather wallet. I could easily spend £35 - £50 on a nice leather wallet.

Also, watches! If I had the money, remembering I'm 14, I would spend hundreds on a nice watch!

What floats your boat?

ReputationRep:
    I have an Emma Willis shirt.

Never again.

ReputationRep:
    Camera gear. There is a limit ... but it's quite high, and I prefer to spend more to buy one good item than faff around for ages trying out loads of cheaper items before ultimately ending up with this item anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Nice guitars! They are so shiny and tempting.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing petrol!! it's extortion

ReputationRep:
    My gym membership..... it's worth every £ and at least the place isn't overrun with chavs.

ReputationRep:
    a girl

weed

drums

re-investment into my business

dick maker bigger pills

ReputationRep:
    Guitars/amps.
    CDs (don't pay much for each one, rarely more than £13, but I get quite a few where I can)
    Whisky (Most expensive bottle I currently have is £35 at full price, but got it for £25...as a student that is A LOT for alcohol )

ReputationRep:
    Earphones - it makes such a big difference.

(Mind you, I'm talking about £70-£80, not hundreds...)

ReputationRep:
    I'm willing to spend money on petrol I guess,

Some computer programs. On the 9th I'm going to be shelling out money on the next iteration of Modo, Modo 601 from Luxology.
    I love that company, and that 3D program is simply amazing, so that is £250 down for the upgrade right there.
    I think they deserve the money though, and I'll certainly use it.

I'll spend around £20 on a shirt or something if need be, and £50 on a good pair of jeans but I can't clothes shop to save my life even though I need to.
    I don't have the fashion sense.

If I had the money I would spend more money on music equipment, i.e speakers, a good workstation keyboard, etc.

I would spend £100 or so on a good pair of headphones, and I'm not talking Beats, or similar.

ReputationRep:
    Food.

I'd rather spend my money on high quality, fresh, wholesome food that'll make me feel happier, more refreshed and alive than any possession ever could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Guitars/amps.
    CDs (don't pay much for each one, rarely more than £13, but I get quite a few where I can)
    Whisky (Most expensive bottle I currently have is £35 at full price, but got it for £25...as a student that is A LOT for alcohol )
    Aye, guitars and amps are worth investing some money in for sure.
    I bought a very expensive CD once -- had it shipped from Japan because I couldn't get it over here. Worth it? Hell yes.
    Whisky is excellent, but no one else wants to drink it.
    (Original post by ummm)
    Earphones - it makes such a big difference.

(Mind you, I'm talking about £70-£80, not hundreds...)
    Indeed! I've spent a lot of money on my headphone setup at home. Most people don't understand it, which is how I came to the conclusion that most people are deaf.

Currently using a pair of (modded) Alessandro MS1.

ReputationRep:
    charity/helping others

ReputationRep:
    I might splash out occasionally when I'm buying new clothes, perhaps for a new suit or whatever. Or if there's a hot new game that's just come out, then I usually have to buy it.

ReputationRep:
    Tickets for events, clothes sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a health freak, so definitely good food for me.

And holidays. They form priceless memories
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Shoes. Always the shoes.

Shoes give me a confidence that I don't get from anything else, they literally let me put my best foot forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanR)
    Aye, guitars and amps are worth investing some money in for sure.
    I bought a very expensive CD once -- had it shipped from Japan because I couldn't get it over here. Worth it? Hell yes.
    Whisky is excellent, but no one else wants to drink it.
    I wouldn't complain about that: more for me

As it happens the guy who lives above me likes whisky and over the summer when he was in Japan bought some very expensive Yamazaki/Hibiki (the next step down from the ones which have consistently won best single malt/blended awards)
    I share my scotch with him from time to time. The Japanese whiskies are pretty disappointing imo. If you've not tried it yet, I thoroughly recommend Glenlivet 12 year (and older...the 18 year version is very good)

ReputationRep:
    A degree

ReputationRep:
    kindle/kobo

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.