The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Great, got it. Thanks :smile:
Reply 221
gfas
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 222
Could anyone please provide more help on Gold? I have tried everything, including permutations and still can't find the answer. This has no longer become fun and is merely a task of trial and error for me so I'd really appreciate some help so that I can move on and do the final question myself.
Reply 223
Original post by akarataka
Could anyone please provide more help on Gold? I have tried everything, including permutations and still can't find the answer. This has no longer become fun and is merely a task of trial and error for me so I'd really appreciate some help so that I can move on and do the final question myself.

What was the gold question again? Was it the one with some massive molecule, and something about tetra-peptides? X
Reply 224

Google the last part of the question ;P x

How many combinations of 4 letters can you make, assuming one special thing you should know about orders of amino acids in a peptide.

Then google the second part.

Spoiler

Original post by Oromis263
How many combinations of 4 letters can you make, assuming one special thing you should know about orders of amino acids in a peptide.

Then google the second part.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by loopy786

Spoiler

Mainly because no one did it like that, I just randomly made up a easily solvable maths sum to give the answer, rather than just writing it out in full.
Original post by Oromis263
Mainly because no one did it like that, I just randomly made up a easily solvable maths sum to give the answer, rather than just writing it out in full.

Ahh, I see! I was getting confused thinking about where you possibly could have got those numbers from. :P
Reply 229
Original post by dmccririck
I can't think what it'd have to do with lady justice, but font size is the key to it. Imagine if each of those element symbols had the same mass.

Sorry, but I don't get what you mean about the element symbols having the same mass...the same mass as each other or their sizes or what? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks
Original post by chemwar
Sorry, but I don't get what you mean about the element symbols having the same mass...the same mass as each other or their sizes or what? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

As in, if you treat those symbols as objects, they will all have the same mass. But they are arranged in increasing size, so what must be different about them?
Reply 231
Original post by dmccririck
As in, if you treat those symbols as objects, they will all have the same mass. But they are arranged in increasing size, so what must be different about them?

Ahhh, of course! Thank you! I guess that statue is there because the woman is holding weighing scales in her hand.

Is the Gold level question serious?!?!?! Should have been the entrance question!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 232
I'm a bit stuck on the Cu question :frown:. I typed in oxygen and it says "But what is it's number?" :confused:
Reply 233
If someone wouldn't mind PMing me the explanation for Copper level (Not necessarily the answer, just some helpful hints) I would be very appreciative and + rep you -- really don't understand what its getting at whatsoever!
Original post by polkadotty5
Great, got it. Thanks :smile:

Any hints.
Reply 235
Any help on the Roentgenium level?
I have 5 in the right order but is there any other way to do it apart from finding the enthalpy of combustion for each one? :P
*weeps*

Finally finished this months. Sleepy times me thinks. Will help out if anyone needs it (y)
Need help with the last question PLEASE
Reply 238
Stuck in the last question :frown:
Help for the last question.. Is it related to chemical shift or spectrum?

Quick Reply

Latest