The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8860
Are universities you are waiting for a reply off able to see the results you get on Thursday?
Reply 8861
Original post by jacky23
Are universities you are waiting for a reply off able to see the results you get on Thursday?

Nope. If they could they would all wait till now unless your a stand out candidate. Lol if they could I would be looking at all rejections from results day onwards.
Original post by jacky23

No, universities can't see your January exam results.

On another note, UCL should be replying within the next 3 days.
Reply 8863
have EU/international students been getting invitations for the ucl open day?
Reply 8864
Original post by jamiepango
No, universities can't see your January exam results.

On another note, UCL should be replying within the next 3 days.

Hope so :/
Original post by WalkerPrince
New Lecture, start at 2:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN844QXpA90&list=HL1330885133&feature=mh_lolz

'Probing the Rich'. Good if you've read '23 Things they don't tell you about capitalism'. I seem like a left-wing nut from this, balances out my immigration fee rants.

Going to have a look at this later tonight - really enjoyed that book and it forced me to challenge many of my opinions. His comparison between the elites in a capitalist society and the Gosplan in Stalinist Russia was something I had never even considered before !
If I was still waiting for any unis, I'd send them my January exam results!
Reply 8867

Might just do that if they are good! Would you just email the admissions office?
Original post by Tateco
Might just do that if they are good! Would you just email the admissions office?

Yes, I suspect they will respond with something like this 'this information has been attached to your application form'. Or even better, they will inform you that a decision has already been made, and it's just coming.
Reply 8869
Yes, I suspect they will respond with something like this 'this information has been attached to your application form'. Or even better, they will inform you that a decision has already been made, and it's just coming.

Ah good tip, let's hope they are good now!
Original post by Tateco
Ah good tip, let's hope they are good now!

I think this is a good idea also. I would think though that if you do send results, you would have to send all of theml? Or will you just pick the good ones? :colone:
Reply 8871
I think this is a good idea also. I would think though that if you do send results, you would have to send all of theml? Or will you just pick the good ones? :colone:

I think any impact it will have will be really minimal anyway, but it wouldn't be difficult to pick and choose because it is January exams so they don't know what you have done :colone:
What is wrong with the universities this year... How can they take more than 5 months to assess an application? :sad:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nightmare91
What is wrong with the universities this year... How can they need more than 5 months to assess an application? :sad:

The waiting is almost over :console:
Reply 8874
Original post by nightmare91
What is wrong with the universities this year... How can they take more than 5 months to assess an application? :sad:

I can't believe it, you're still waiting for three as well :frown: mind you I'd rather be in your position with Warwick! :smile:
The waiting is almost over :console:

Original post by Tateco
I can't believe it, you're still waiting for three as well :frown: mind you I'd rather be in your position with Warwick! :smile:

Yep still waiting for three but only 3 weeks to go... I am like the only one out of my friends who hasn't heard from all of their choices, so annoying.

@Tateco: True Warwick is great! I am probably firming it :smile: What about you? Have you decided whether to take a gap year yet?
No one has heard from UCL today then? I guess tomorrow may be their last day unless they're feeling especially rude. I hope that they have the courtesy to tell people whether they've been rejected or not if their decisions has been made. Does anyone know whether they can give you an offer without you going to an open day? I mean for those that DON'T live too far away from London.

Good idea actually. Dont know how much weight it'd possibly have seeing as one could quite easily fake any result/send the better ones and miss out the not-so-good ones etc etc
Reply 8878
Anyone going to the Bristol open day tomorrow?
Or has anyone been to the previous one and know what its like?
Reply 8879
Original post by Melikeyflute
No one has heard from UCL today then? I guess tomorrow may be their last day unless they're feeling especially rude. I hope that they have the courtesy to tell people whether they've been rejected or not if their decisions has been made. Does anyone know whether they can give you an offer without you going to an open day? I mean for those that DON'T live too far away from London.

I think they could tell us any time this week tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending