The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

University of Ulster applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dbx125
Anyone planning to communte from Belfast lol everyday?? Im probably insane doing it but I know 1 or 2

others who are and I just cant face leaving Belfast nor have the money to,at least not for this first year. Just wondering from anyone's experience if I will be able to enjoy any sort of nightlife/freshers etc if commuting from Belfast considering id have to get home or crash somewhere at like 3am lmao.

Yes i am goin commute every day too
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Katieh007
Yes i am goin commute every day too

Which campus you at? I'll be at Coleraine from Belfast :biggrin:
Reply 22
Coleraine:smile:
Reply 23
Is their anyone else from mainland Britain applying, or am I all alone :P. Got an email from them earlier with a bit more further information attatched about the course, campus and cost. All of it looks good, 2 hours of lectures, and an hour seminar by the looks of things, so I might have a look at accomodation in Belfast and commute up to Jordanstown, I figure I'll be spending a lot in my time in Belfast anyway.
got accepted into Jordanstown to study Criminology & Criminal Justice. anyone else??
Reply 25
Original post by crazydaisy18cs
got accepted into Jordanstown to study Criminology & Criminal Justice. anyone else??

Yeahh, it's my Firm. :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by crazydaisy18cs

Yaaay, it's going down as my firm
Reply 27
I did C&CJ at UUJ. Great course!
Reply 28
Got unconditional offer for English with Education @ Coleraine :smile: Gona put it as my insurance when my other offers come back

Still havnt heard anything from social and my interview was almost 4 weeks ago. Had Nursing interviews yesterday. Dont think I did very well :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by nics012
Got unconditional offer for English with Education @ Coleraine :smile: Gona put it as my UI when my other offers come back

Still havnt heard anything from social and my interview was almost 4 weeks ago. Had Nursing interviews yesterday. Dont think I did very well :frown:

im sure u did alot better than u think, if you get across you personality you'll be fine. what questions were u asked in your nursing interview ?
Reply 30
Original post by maire2010
im sure u did alot better than u think, if you get across you personality you'll be fine. what questions were u asked in your nursing interview ?

They asked the usual general questions. Why I wanted to be a nurse and what skills I had. Dont really remember much about it I prepared for over a week and went completely blank as soon as I entered the room. I no they cut the numbers of people who got interviews this year cos quite a few got rejected due to their personal statements but its still gona b tough to get a spot. I dont think ive stood out or done enough. At least its experience for trying again next year.

Have you got an interview?
Reply 31
Got a letter through this morning for an insight day at Jordanstown on 21st march. Hoping I can get everything sorted to get over there, anyone else going?
Reply 32
Original post by joelburr
Got a letter through this morning for an insight day at Jordanstown on 21st march. Hoping I can get everything sorted to get over there, anyone else going?

Got the same letter. Will indeed be going.
Reply 33
Nice one, if I can sort out flights and accommodation and the like I will see you there.
Reply 34
Found some flights and know looking for somewhere to stay, which shouldn't be too hard. Has anyone got any recommendations of what to do in Belfast too keep myself amused for the day before the evening?
Reply 35
Original post by joelburr
Found some flights and know looking for somewhere to stay, which shouldn't be too hard. Has anyone got any recommendations of what to do in Belfast too keep myself amused for the day before the evening?

Slayers at QUB Student Union is pretty good, just a massive nerd night really, on Tuesdays.

There's the usual crud, nothing particularly exciting. Cinema, museum, quite a few decent pubs and restaurants and such.
Reply 36
Original post by Meagaan
Slayers at QUB Student Union is pretty good, just a massive nerd night really, on Tuesdays.

There's the usual crud, nothing particularly exciting. Cinema, museum, quite a few decent pubs and restaurants and such.

Nice one, my mum and a friend of hers fancied a trip so they're coming over with me for that open evening thing, so I'm thinking of wondering about Belfast and having a look at the titanic bits on the Wednesday, and might try and get up to the causeway on the thursday. Is that fairly reachable by train from Belfast, or will I neeed to find something else?
I got 3 Unconditional offers. I accepted a place in English and History, start in September! Can't wait :smile:. Going to an open day at the Coleraine campus on Wednesday...
Reply 38
Does anyone have the email address to confirm attendance at the Jordanstown open evening? it begins with the word social IIRC. A labradoodle chewed half of my poster up before I had chance to email them.
Reply 39
Original post by Ciarán
I got 3 Unconditional offers. I accepted a place in English and History, start in September! Can't wait :smile:. Going to an open day at the Coleraine campus on Wednesday...

Hey lol me too. I got my unconditional for English. Tell me, have you got a welcome pack yet from Coleraine or do we not get those until August?

Didnt know about the open day on Wednesday where did you find out about it?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest