The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

BA Creative Direction for Fashion at LCF

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeraintBLewis
Heyyy!:biggrin: Yay!! cool heres hoping we get in!:biggrin: awwwh they great unis i wqas thinking of southamton solent that course looks really good. :smile:
awwwh thankyouss :biggrin: , awwwh cool .
So do you want to do more promotion side of fashion? :biggrin:

I didnt get to go to the open day for solent because it was on the same day as another one , but on the website it looks good

I know i want to be in fashion since i was 14 but i was thinking more about the design aspect but realised the design side didn't really appeal to me. Even when i was thinking about being a designer i knew i want to be like a buyer or marketer just to build contacts, and get some experience but when i was researching more into the business side i found it more interesting. so yeah the promotion side is more what i want to get into.

Im so scared about if they reply back or not , it makes me feel sick thinking about it . It may sound pretty sad but i knew i wanted to go to lcf since i was 14/15 , i never thought id have the courage to actually apply for it.

My textiles and photography teacher pissed me off about it the other day , basically saying there was no chance of me getting (well they didn't say it like that) but screw them.

I keep checking my emails about 10 times a day to see if ucas contacted my about changes , im so nervous

the course sounds good doesnt it .Did you go to the open day ?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by GeraintBLewis
Heyyy!:biggrin: Yay!! cool heres hoping we get in!:biggrin: awwwh they great unis i wqas thinking of southamton solent that course looks really good. :smile:
awwwh thankyouss :biggrin: , awwwh cool .
So do you want to do more promotion side of fashion? :biggrin:

What course specific course were you thinking about at Southamton?
Reply 62
Hi!
It's so nice to hear from other creative direction applicants. Last saturday i did my IELTS exam ( i feel so nervous about the results) and i can't wait to sent my application.
I completely fell in love with the course at the open day! It's exactly what i have been searching for, i especially like the variety of subjects! I'd be devastated if i'm not invited for the interviews, this is the only course that want to apply for. If not selected this year i'll definitely come back next year.
Has anyone heard back from lcf yet , i only sent mine abut 3 weeks ago so im not excepting any untill Christmas. I got an unconditional offer from Southampton the other day though.
Reply 64
hey, anyone got an offer from LCF already? I submitted my application in late November but still have not heard from them...I'm so stressed! :frown:
Reply 65
Hey! On friday I got some good news from UCAS! I'm having my interview on 7th of March, anyone has one, too?
Reply 66
Original post by katykitty
Hey! On friday I got some good news from UCAS! I'm having my interview on 7th of March, anyone has one, too?

Hi! Yes, me too! So excited. What kind portfolio are you going to take with you?
I've got an interview for this course on the 28th of feb , i have no idea what to put in a portfolio
Hi guys,

I have applied for Creative Direction for Fashion too (starting Sept 2012). Really not sure what to have in my portfolio for interview.
I have already had interviews for both Epsom and Rochester for Fashion Promotion and recieved offers from both. My portfolio for these was a general Art Foundation Portfolio, including a bit of everything really! Not sure if it should be more Fashion Based for LCF or keep it diverse, as the course is diverse itself?

Cheerrrss xxxxx
I had my interview today for this course and honestly I think you should feature abit of everything that you've done and achieved, I don't think they were really looking for anything specific because the course is so diverse and broad, try and add things you feel more passionate about, because then you'll have a talking point.

But if any of you are worrying about the interview, it's honestly nothing to worry about and they don't ask you any trick questions, just general questions about you, things you enjoy/things you're enthusiastic about and your work, predominantly.
Had my interview yesterday. Nothing too scary. They just sit with you for about 15 minutes and go through your portfolio in quite a bit of detail. They ask you things like what sort of job do you want? and why you have chosen to study Creative Direction for Fashion?
The course leader was very nice and made you feel at ease. Whilst people are being interviewed you are asked to stay in this room and wait (parents allowed too!)
Reply 71
I'm having my interview on wednesday the 7th and I have to fly to London to attend it:smile:I'm bringing quite much with me, some of my drawings, fashionary and online portfolio in which I present some of the projects I took part in and I also want to show them how i developped my jewellery brand:smile:
Do they ask anything about recommendations or refer precisely to your personal statement?
When should we expect to hear from them about the final decision?
Reply 72
Hi, my interview is also on the 7th. They are looking for interesting people. Who have a broad interest not only in fashion. Fr your portfolio just include things you have done. Its a broad course, quite new. Just be interested thats all
I heard back from them Today, I've been offered a place on the course, I'm so excited and thrilled but also really surprised at how quick they offered me a place, it has been exactly 1 week and 1 day since my interview and Tony and Alan said it'd be 2 or 3 weeks, but I'm not complaining.
Reply 74
RichardJames were you in the interview from the 28th? I'm sure that I met you there? x
No, Mine was on the 27th at 11:30am :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by RichardJames
I heard back from them Today, I've been offered a place on the course, I'm so excited and thrilled but also really surprised at how quick they offered me a place, it has been exactly 1 week and 1 day since my interview and Tony and Alan said it'd be 2 or 3 weeks, but I'm not complaining.

Wow, that's quite fast! lucky you :smile: I'm having my interview in 3 hours... do they have wifi there? i wrote them an email and they said yes so i hope there won't be any problems with presenting my online portfolio...
Yeah, I think they do and they won't mind you presenting it online, I presented mine on my iPad, they said I was the first to do so and they asked my reasons behind my decision behind presenting it on my iPad ect ect... but overall they won't mind, they actually liked the fact I presented it in that capacity, but I got talking to a current student on my walk to the university (my friend chased her down the street, don't ask ha) and she said as students at the university they won't even look at your work if its not presented digitally, I don't know whether she was referring to her Portfolio (as she was in her third year) or whether she meant her work in general.

And also, good luck with your interview! :smile:
Reply 78
Thanks :smile: the interview was great, they were so nice! i wasn't stressed at all, i actually think that i might get an offer haha. they asked me why do i want to attend this course because i already archieved so much (i run my own brand) but i said that i want a lot more and this course gives me an opportunity to learn stuff i'm really interested in and enter the fashion industry.
soooo now it's just waiting and i hope we will meet in October:smile:
Hello , I had my interview on the 29th February and i found out on the 6th March that i got a Conditional. Im soo happy I Firmed this choice, i cant wait to be on this course in september !! Tony and Allan where really nice :biggrin: . Does Anyone know what Halls there going to apply to yet? im so Grateful for getting a place! I look forward to meeting people in september :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending