The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Original post by plirvine1
Manchester rejection :frown: bit disappointed seen as though my tutor told me this morning that they had phoned to ask for more information and she said it sounded like good news!ha, never mind 2013 it is then:smile:

sorry to hear that...was it before interview or after ??
Original post by *QueenBeee
attention

Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
attention

Original post by MissRiah12345
attention

I rang Leeds for you QueenBeee and got told that they'll be sending out the decisions mid to late March. I hope this helps with the waiting. x
Original post by aqua05
sorry to hear that...was it before interview or after ??

Before interview. Has anybody requested feedback from sheffield uni? i have sent several emails to amanda okrasa?i think it is anyway:smile: and i keep getting replies back but they are just blank emails?!anyone else had this problem?:smile:
Has anybody still not heard back from Manchester after having an interview before Christmas?

Also has anyone got feedback from Leeds as to why they have been rejected?
Reply 3304
would anyone at all pleasssssse be able to help me with my sheffield interview? i'm clueless as to what they're gunna ask and i have helped quite a lot of a people with their barts, kcl and belfast interviews so any info would be much appreciated :frown:!
Original post by alexxa.s
would anyone at all pleasssssse be able to help me with my sheffield interview? i'm clueless as to what they're gunna ask and i have helped quite a lot of a people with their barts, kcl and belfast interviews so any info would be much appreciated :frown:!

Read the letter they sent you it outline whats they are looking for and so you can guess the questions thatll be asked, good luck

Don't worry too much about it, I'm sure you'll do well. Take on board the advice you've been giving to other applicants for your own interviews, they won't ask anything out of the blue. Read the dental school website to find out a bit more about the department e.g. the outreach scheme that they have for widening access etc. Good luck, let us all know how it goes.
Reply 3307
thanks for the help guys :smile:
Original post by SpudMaster
I rang Leeds for you QueenBeee and got told that they'll be sending out the decisions mid to late March. I hope this helps with the waiting. x

Thanks for ringing them :smile:

But we could have to wait till LATE march ?! waaaahhh :frown:

http://www.shef.ac.uk/dentalschool/undergraduate/bds/selection

Interviews last for approximately 15 minutes and investigate an applicants’ motivation to study dentistry, communication skills, career exploration & manual dexterity and potential to become a successful member of the dental team.
Reply 3310
hey i was wondering if any one can help me, how early does clinical work start and is the course a lecture based course at sheffield?
r
Original post by afshan93
from cardiff that is

Hey, sorry to hear about the rejection, just wondering if you recieve an email saying your ucas had been updated or did you just happen to check track..?
Original post by amybex
hey i was wondering if any one can help me, how early does clinical work start and is the course a lecture based course at sheffield?

It's very lecture based in the first few years.

Teaching methods

We use a variety of methods to enrich your learning experience. These include lectures, small-group seminars and tutorials, individual teaching on clinics and e-learning. You’ll be encouraged to research topics yourself and present work to your peers. Other methods include problem solving exercises and practical classes.
has anyone heard anything from cardiff today? :smile:
Reply 3314
offer from Cardiff :smile:
Original post by RhydPedr
offer from Cardiff :smile:

well done!! when was your interview?
Reply 3316
Original post by lucystar4
well done!! when was your interview?

Thank you! It was the first session on the Monday, so in the first batch of interviews that they did :tongue:
offer from cardiff:smile: had interview on 20th
Reply 3318
Got a cardiff offer about an hour ago :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: eeeeeeeeh
Original post by Thiswaytobroadway
offer from cardiff:smile: had interview on 20th

Original post by LizzieMR
Got a cardiff offer about an hour ago :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: eeeeeeeeh

Well done!

Quick Reply