The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2760
Original post by linguistlawyer
Still waiting from Covington, Clyde & Co, Bristows, OMM.

Still waiting on Bristows too. No news is good news??
Original post by kitze
Has anyone heard from Squire Sanders? I have not heard a peep from them since applying for their summer VS in December, and then they just posted this on their fb page :

Thank you to everyone who joined us on our assessment days. We now look forward to our summer vacation schemes in each office in July. If you are interested in applying for a 2014 training contract please apply via our website. We are accepting applications until 31 July 2012.

Do you think this is conclusive that they've finished their VS recruitment? It would be nice to have a PFO by email and not have to infer one from fb!!!

I got a PFO from them last week, as did a few other people I believe. Not sure what to make of that facebook message as I'm sure it says on their website that assessment days take place in March - unless they did all their assessments on Thursday and Friday last week.
Reply 2762
Original post by Old Reliable
I got a PFO from them last week, as did a few other people I believe. Not sure what to make of that facebook message as I'm sure it says on their website that assessment days take place in March - unless they did all their assessments on Thursday and Friday last week.

Yes I noted that they said assessments would happen in March too, the only fact that has been reassuring me over the past weeks. Frustrating! I actually just emailed them asking about my app, we'll see what they say.

I've been quite wary of contacting HR depts to ask about my app, don't know if this caution is warranted or not?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2763
Original post by JoiedeVivre5
Not heard either since the email

No, haven't heard anything from Travers Smith since the email either.
Reply 2764
Clyde & Co PFO today. Oh well.
Original post by notsit
Clyde & Co PFO today. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that...do you mind me asking when you applied? I was quite late but I've literally not heard a thing!
Reply 2766
Hi all, when going for an interview, how many deals of the law firm is it advisable to know. For instance is one or two good enough within the practice areas that you have a particular interest in, or should one know deals within each practice area?

Thanks!
Reply 2767
Original post by kent3016
Congrats! Which dates?? :smile:

Thanks, you too :smile: I'm doing Slaughters on the 18th but can't swap since I'm doing either Mishcon or Macfarlanes straight after- can't decide which! Literally hate that they all clash, so annoying :frown: hope you find someone to swap with!
Reply 2768
Original post by countryfile
Sorry to hear that...do you mind me asking when you applied? I was quite late but I've literally not heard a thing!

I applied on 20th December last year.
Original post by kitze
Yes I noted that they said assessments would happen in March too, the only fact that has been reassuring me over the past weeks. Frustrating! I actually just emailed them asking about my app, we'll see what they say.

I've been quite wary of contacting HR depts to ask about my app, don't know if this caution is warranted or not?!

Yeah, I generally try and avoid contacting HR unless I need to chase them up because I have to respond to another firm and want their answer before I do - or some similar situation. But I think in this case you'd be justified in emailing them to clarify the situation, as they have either posted a facebook message sending out the wrong signals or they should have sent you a PFO (hopefully it's the former). Either way they should clear things up for you.
Reply 2770
Original post by 10801
Thanks, you too :smile: I'm doing Slaughters on the 18th but can't swap since I'm doing either Mishcon or Macfarlanes straight after- can't decide which! Literally hate that they all clash, so annoying :frown: hope you find someone to swap with!

Ah ok, thank you anyway! And that's awesome, well done! :smile: good luck with Slaughters and whichever of Mishcon and Mcfarlanes you choose :smile:
Reply 2771
Original post by countryfile

Don't worry. I applied on 6th December and I haven't heard back anything as well.
I haven't heard from Dewey & Leboeuf yet. I sent my app. approx in mid January, so I don't know whether or not I should start to worry... Anyone here in similar situation?

Best regards
Reply 2773
Original post by MarcvsAntonivs
I haven't heard from Dewey & Leboeuf yet. I sent my app. approx in mid January, so I don't know whether or not I should start to worry... Anyone here in similar situation?

Best regards

Yes, I haven't heard a thing from them. Had to go back and check my emails to make sure I had confirmation that I'd actually applied! They said in the email they would notify of the status of the application so I assume that means they will eventually get back to us...
Has anybody heard anything from Debevoise - or even gotten a confirmation of receipt of application?

I haven't heard from Dewey & LeBoeuf yet either. Does anybody know if they've started interviewing yet?
Original post by gi.
Don't worry. I applied on 6th December and I haven't heard back anything as well.

Thanks. I heard they did them rolling but obviously not..
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Speechly post interview?
Reply 2777
Arrrgggghhhhh, I hate playing the waiting game :frown:
White & Case offer yayyyy! :biggrin: Had totally given up on them! Good luck to those who are still waiting to hear :smile:
Reply 2779
white & case offer yayyyyy!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending