Original post by charliee-xo
Social Anthropology :smile:

How about you?

Management :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by J.Darren
Hi :smile: Are there any future LSE lawyers on the thread?

Hi looks like i'm going to be firming for LSE law since i've been turned down from Cambridge too =L I got my LSE offer in late December too! =D
Reply 122
Original post by Alpha5
Hi, if you have a 31 week contract, does this mean you have to leave during holidays e.g Christmas, and take all your belongings out and then move back in. How does it work?
Thanks

Yes you will have to take all your belongings with you at the end of the term. As the rooms may be used as accomodation for Conferences and other events. I heard it is a hassle to move out.
Hi guys, just a quick question, do any of you know if I'm right in thinking that the faster we apply for accomodation, the more likely we are to get our first choice?

I'd preferably wait until the visit day on the 3rd of April to have a look around, but if my first choice (im quite certain I'll pick Saunders) will be full by then, then I'd rather apply sooner than later!

Please let me know if you know if that's the case? Thanks and see you all this fall hopefully :biggrin:
Original post by boysdontcryy
Law, anybody? we should have a thread so we can get to know each other before heading to LSE.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1939019&p=36627176#post36627176 I made one :tongue: so everyone join! :wink:
Reply 125
Hey everyone, just wondering does the maintenence loan cover accomodation? because the accomodation is like just more than the loan i am allocated :/
Reply 126
Original post by kst
Yes you will have to take all your belongings with you at the end of the term. As the rooms may be used as accomodation for Conferences and other events. I heard it is a hassle to move out.

Ok thanks, it does save a fair amount of money!

Original post by Sam-8
Hey everyone, just wondering does the maintenence loan cover accomodation? because the accomodation is like just more than the loan i am allocated :/

It depends where you stay, I'm pretty sure your student loan will not cover you staying at High Holborn!, but staying somewhere else on a 31 week contract, single room should be fine and I think your loan should be sufficient.....but remember food cost ect need to be considered......so it's hard. The UK maintenance loan is 7.5K I think, so it probably won't be enough.
Reply 127
Original post by Alpha5
Ok thanks, it does save a fair amount of money!

It depends where you stay, I'm pretty sure your student loan will not cover you staying at High Holborn!, but staying somewhere else on a 31 week contract, single room should be fine and I think your loan should be sufficient.....but remember food cost ect need to be considered......so it's hard. The UK maintenance loan is 7.5K I think, so it probably won't be enough.

ok thanks, is it a 31 week contract that people living in the uk do? so then that just covers term time which is what i would want
Original post by Sam-8
ok thanks, is it a 31 week contract that people living in the uk do? so then that just covers term time which is what i would want

The length of the contract depends on the specific hall. Rosebery and Carr-Saunders for example, offer a 31 week contract meaning you can only use the room and keep your belongings there during term time and not over Christmas, Easter or Summer holidays.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 129
Hey guys!! Got my offer for L101 Economics yesterday! Buzzing! Could not be happier!
99% I'm going to firm, after the Offer-Holder Day on 3rd April! :P

My days, who else has an offer for L101 Economics without A2 Further Maths? :L haha! Oh just me then :L
Reply 130
Hi, when applying for LSE accommodation via Hallpad is it first come first serve or is It random once everyone has applied. Thanks.
Hello everyone! First time posting in this place.
Just got my offer from LSE for pure Economics a few days ago, super ecstatic about it since it's been my dream uni for aaages. Yayyy~

Nice to meet you guys. :biggrin:

Oh, and just out of curiousity, are there any other Malaysians out there heading the same path as me?
Any Management offer holders? Get in touch :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by Alpha5
Hi, when applying for LSE accommodation via Hallpad is it first come first serve or is It random once everyone has applied. Thanks.

"LSE accommodation is allocated on a random basis within quotas set out for each hall."

thats quoted from the website
Unconditional Offer for Law... Ecstatic...

Applied for accommodation, I just want a single room that's my 1st preference, the other ones is not important...

Although I live in London so I don'd know... gosh this is hard! I'm getting worried...
Original post by kennyparis
Unconditional Offer for Law... Ecstatic...

Applied for accommodation, I just want a single room that's my 1st preference, the other ones is not important...

Although I live in London so I don'd know... gosh this is hard! I'm getting worried...

Ohh congratulations on the unconditional. I've yet to apply for accommodation but looking at all the different halls and their locations and other things just makes my head hurt :P Since it's a lottery, kinda worried i'll end up in a room i dont want.
Which halls are everyone thinking of?
Reply 136
Original post by 21Grapes
Ohh congratulations on the unconditional. I've yet to apply for accommodation but looking at all the different halls and their locations and other things just makes my head hurt :P Since it's a lottery, kinda worried i'll end up in a room i dont want.
Which halls are everyone thinking of?

want to go to a social hall, i applied to: 1) carr-saunders 2) rosebery 3) high holborn
for those who want more information on roseberry and carr-saunders i would advice these two threads from last year - i found them really useful.
carr-saunders thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1524492
rosebery thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1598459
Reply 137
does anybody know anything about the accomodation... like heard any to definately avoid e.t.c.??
Reply 138
I applied for halls today! Exciting, which ones have people applied to?xx
Hi everyone! Got my offer for Economics & Economic History yesterday, 99% sure I will firm but most likely will leave it until after a visit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending