The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by g.k.galloway
soo.... its nearly march 9th

anybody expecting gcse results tommoz?

Yep. Join the club. What ones u getting back???
Reply 81
Original post by micboy
Yep. Join the club. What ones u getting back???

b2,c2 and p2 science results (aqa)...the grade boundary's don't look too bad

do you think we will hear about Arkright tomorrow?

:smile:
Reply 82
b2,c2 and p2 science results (aqa)...the grade boundary's don't look too bad

do you think we will hear about Arkright tomorrow?

o kl, im doing aqa as well, but my modules are during the Summer term. Woop!
Yh we'll def hear about it by friday, maybe 2moz if we're lucky.
Reply 83
Original post by micboy
o kl, im doing aqa as well, but my modules are during the Summer term. Woop!
Yh we'll def hear about it by friday, maybe 2moz if we're lucky.

well tomorrow should certainly be a stressed filled day.

lucky you not having them until summer, i have the unit 3's in summer..
Reply 84
well tomorrow should certainly be a stressed filled day.

lucky you not having them until summer, i have the unit 3's in summer..

actually its quite unlucky because I have the 2&3's on the same days, but several days before the unit one tests, which is kinda dodgy!
Reply 85
Original post by micboy
actually its quite unlucky because I have the 2&3's on the same days, but several days before the unit one tests, which is kinda dodgy!

ooooooh nasty,
they used to have unit 2's and 3's all in the summer at our school but changed it this year...we are the guinea pigs so to speak
i did unit 1's at the end of year 10...

as for arkright...i don't think i've done enough, i like to think positively but on this occasion i really don't think it'll work

so what results are you expecting tommoz? :smile:
Reply 86
ooooooh nasty,
they used to have unit 2's and 3's all in the summer at our school but changed it this year...we are the guinea pigs so to speak
i did unit 1's at the end of year 10...

as for arkright...i don't think i've done enough, i like to think positively but on this occasion i really don't think it'll work

so what results are you expecting tommoz? :smile:

Lucky you, module tests in different terms. Wish my skl had the same.
Looking to get my Geog and Design RM back 2moz.
Reply 87
Original post by micboy
Lucky you, module tests in different terms. Wish my skl had the same.
Looking to get my Geog and Design RM back 2moz.

ahhhh i did the AQA product design paper last year.. got it remarked and i am now 1 ums mark off an A*....i'm really happy with it... it's just so close to an A*

hoping the coursework and actual product will bring it in.. but thats a while away (then again its all due 30th March..currently trying to forget about that detail!)

what are you making as your product? i'm making a table lamp for kids..
Reply 88
ahhhh i did the AQA product design paper last year.. got it remarked and i am now 1 ums mark off an A*....i'm really happy with it... it's just so close to an A*

hoping the coursework and actual product will bring it in.. but thats a while away (then again its all due 30th March..currently trying to forget about that detail!)

what are you making as your product? i'm making a table lamp for kids..

o congrats! How many projects do you get to do for AQA?
Reply 89
Original post by micboy
o congrats! How many projects do you get to do for AQA?

just the one :smile:
I'm applying for the Arkwright scholarship too, and I'm really anxious about getting the results back from the aptitude paper, but also very excited to find out what I got and whether I got an interview! It's all happening this week as I am finding out the results for my B2, C2 and P2 exams too tomorrow! Hope it all goes well for everyone :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by TheBeesKnees
I'm applying for the Arkwright scholarship too, and I'm really anxious about getting the results back from the aptitude paper, but also very excited to find out what I got and whether I got an interview! It's all happening this week as I am finding out the results for my B2, C2 and P2 exams too tomorrow! Hope it all goes well for everyone :smile:

SNAP!!!!!!

dreading the science resultssssss

i think we may get the ark.r. results tommoz also - a lovely stressful day!!!!

(edited 12 years ago)
Yesss, how do you know that we are getting our arkwright results back though?? >< Im so nervous!
Reply 93
Yesss, how do you know that we are getting our arkwright results back though?? >< Im so nervous!

the website says we will have our results by march 9th which is friday, so by then gives the idea of tomorrow perhaps...

:smile: good luck
Reply 94
got results today - didn't get called for interview...bit gutted but it was worth a try... :smile:
Me neither- extremely gutted, not because of the fact that I didn't get a place, but instead because I cannot imagine how i could've improved my application. I have pretty much flawless results and i spent so much time putting in lots of detail. As for the exam, i personally didn't feel like I did too badly regarding the designs, but of course, I don't not know how the entire cohort of the country did. What is making me even more annoyed is that the other 2 applicants from my school both got through, yet even my head of DT told me that there applications were far weaker. I know i mgith sound like a sore loser, but that is because I am honestly completely perplex as to why they got through and I didn't. Perhaps it's because theyy are both boys, and I am a girl? xD

Anyway, I'm going to write a strong worded letter of complaint to them about this. xD

Oh well, I suppose with these kind of things, you just have to get over it and move on. Onwards and upwards!! :smile:
Oh yeah, another thing annoying thing is that they wrote my name wrong!!!! MY name is not Rebacca - I am not a character from Star Wars.....
Reply 97
Me neither- extremely gutted, not because of the fact that I didn't get a place, but instead because I cannot imagine how i could've improved my application. I have pretty much flawless results and i spent so much time putting in lots of detail. As for the exam, i personally didn't feel like I did too badly regarding the designs, but of course, I don't not know how the entire cohort of the country did. What is making me even more annoyed is that the other 2 applicants from my school both got through, yet even my head of DT told me that there applications were far weaker. I know i mgith sound like a sore loser, but that is because I am honestly completely perplex as to why they got through and I didn't. Perhaps it's because theyy are both boys, and I am a girl? xD

Anyway, I'm going to write a strong worded letter of complaint to them about this. xD

Oh well, I suppose with these kind of things, you just have to get over it and move on. Onwards and upwards!! :smile:

i feel the same (also a girl)...
I just feel like yeah, fair enough I didn't get through or whatever, but surely they should atleast inform us WHY???
Reply 99
I just feel like yeah, fair enough I didn't get through or whatever, but surely they should atleast inform us WHY???

yeh i agree... i simply want to know whether it was my application or the test that let me down, or something more specific..

Latest

Trending

Trending