The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kidneyjean
Yup, their standard offer usually includes A*AB, but chemistry and biology must be at an A-grade (i.e. you can only get a B in the unspecified third subject).

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1101
Does anyone know roughly how many applications bsms recieved this year and how many interviews/offers they give out?
I read that there were 2500 applicants and they interview 25% of candidates for 138 places :smile:
Reply 1103
Original post by cellogirlkirsty
I read that there were 2500 applicants and they interview 25% of candidates for 138 places :smile:

Where did u read this?
I heard it was 130 spaces this year from one of the students. I've always thought that, if you were given an offer of AAA, but achieved AAB say, and the B is in Chem or Bio BUT only 1-5 UMS... would they take pity or a straight rejection. It just seems so intense!
Reply 1105
Original post by andrewpeters
I heard it was 130 spaces this year from one of the students. I've always thought that, if you were given an offer of AAA, but achieved AAB say, and the B is in Chem or Bio BUT only 1-5 UMS... would they take pity or a straight rejection. It just seems so intense!

no pity...theres only 138 spots and BSMS is highly over subscribed. If you miss the minimum conditions, its over. Sorry mate but there are like 15 people applying to each spot, the schools dont have the luxury of giving everyone different requirements.
Original post by .eXe
Where did u read this?

http://www.bsms.ac.uk/about/news/undergraduate-applications-up-15/

that link outlines how many applicants and how many places, doesn't say how many were interviewed though.
Reply 1107
OFFERRRRRRR YAYAYAAAYYYYY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

good luck everyone else!
Reply 1108
Original post by tahilly
OFFERRRRRRR YAYAYAAAYYYYY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

good luck everyone else!

when did you get it?

through track or email?

are you home or intl??

CONGRATSSSSSSSSS
Reply 1109
Original post by tahilly

good luck everyone else!

Congratulations! What time did it come through at? Ahhhh I'm nervous!
Reply 1110
Thank you!!! Got it 5 minutes ago, through track. Am a home student :smile:
Reply 1111
Original post by tahilly
Thank you!!! Got it 5 minutes ago, through track. Am a home student :smile:

wow nice, i can't believe they are sending out offers at 6:30 pm lol

I LOVE YOU BSMS THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION
Reply 1112
I wonder if all offers are going out this evening then...I still haven't heard anything. Tahilly, how did you feel your interview went? You must be so happy right now!
Reply 1113
Original post by tahilly

good luck everyone else!

You are clearly a troll. This was your first post and you joined tsr this month!!!!!!!!
Reply 1114
Original post by bayer
You are clearly a troll. This was your first post and you joined tsr this month!!!!!!!!

um dude you only have 3 posts........
Reply 1115
Just got my offer through :smile: My interview was the 4th Feb. Now have offers from all 4: Bristol, Kings, BSMS and Peninsula...SO HAPPY! Decision time :smile: Good luck everyone!
Reply 1116
Original post by .eXe
um dude you only have 3 posts........

But I have been a member since dec 2011, I haven't been very active because I've been doing work...unlike some people
Reply 1117
Original post by Dolly_D
I wonder if all offers are going out this evening then...I still haven't heard anything. Tahilly, how did you feel your interview went? You must be so happy right now!

interview went ok, but was a bit worried afterwards because I'd heard that BSMS are really keen on finding out about your interpersonal skills etc but a lot of the questions they asked me were about science and research. am so pleased :biggrin: really hope you hear soon - feel like I've been constantly on tenterhooks for a month...!
Original post by DocR
Just got my offer through :smile: My interview was the 4th Feb. Now have offers from all 4: Bristol, Kings, BSMS and Peninsula...SO HAPPY! Decision time :smile: Good luck everyone!

Wow! Very well done there! :smile:
Reply 1119
Original post by tahilly
interview went ok, but was a bit worried afterwards because I'd heard that BSMS are really keen on finding out about your interpersonal skills etc but a lot of the questions they asked me were about science and research. am so pleased :biggrin: really hope you hear soon - feel like I've been constantly on tenterhooks for a month...!

Thanks. I feel the same about my interview, I was asked some science questions too and a lot of other questions! Was happy enough with how I answered most of them although you do begin to doubt yourself as time goes on.

Quick Reply