The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day March 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PureDetermination
Not happy with my results, thereafter i made this account and in accordance with my name i am now determined to succeed.

TSR is the anti-revision tool! It has its uses but it's very easy to procrastinate on here, but it's great if you need help with any work or have any questions that need answering.
Yes I merked it:

Actually got a clean sweep of 100's.YESSSSS!!!!!

Biology (B1B2B3) 100% A*
Chemistry (C1C2C3) 100% A*
Physics (P1P2P3) 100% A*
AS-Level ICT (INFO 1) 100% A (can't get an A* at AS-Level)

EDIT: neg rep all you want; I got fantastic marks and am extremely pleased. Whoever negged probably got all Bs and Cs and I'm sure a couple of Ds,Es,Fs. So it is a ashame yo're not on my level, but i guess we can see why.
(edited 12 years ago)
I got a*s in my 3 exams: OCR 21st Century physics, chemistry and biology unit 1.
Reply 243
I haven't got my results.... i'm a private candidate, when are they giving it to me? :smile:
Reply 244
I got 2 a's one for Chemistry OCR 21st Science and OCR B geography Sustainble decision making.
Reply 245
did anyone write the hooks of jellyfish deter predators....?? and i really wanna know my result haha lol. good luck to everyone else :biggrin:
I got an A* in Chemistry C4C5C6 OCR 21st Century
And then 1 mark from an A* in Physics and 2 marks from it in Biology.

:smile: Very happy, I didn't expect to have done that well in Physics. A lot of the answers I put were educated guesses that I guess I was just lucky enough to be correct on. :redface:. Now just the summer to go. :eek:
Reply 247
got my results for triple award unit 1: 97 UMS in chemistry, 88 in physics, and 90 in biology. ridiculously happy with the chemistry, could have done better in bio and phys. pressures on for unit two!
geography, AQA B, section 2 I think? it was about floods, sustainability etc? got 100 on that:biggrin: and English, it was Of Mice And Men, the two part question? extract was on Curley's wife's entrance, A* on that!
Also separately got back my CAs, Imaginative writing task, 60/60 and OMaM CA, 30/30!
good day!:biggrin:
Reply 248
A* in English (117/120 :yay:)
A in Biology (43/50)
A in Chemistry (44/50)
B in Physics (38/50 :frown:)
Reply 249
Original post by R4INBOW
Indeed. And its even worse since its not just a normal PE session. I have to run a stupid netball tournament, with the addition of managing a bunch of screaming 14 year olds. Not my ideal afternoon :sigh:

Still don't think Yellow should have won in choral >.> (random I know o.e)
Reply 250
I got 100% on 5 exams! Joke, I got a D in History and a C in English Lang...
Reply 251
got my aqa physics unit 1 results today and was really surprised to find i had an a*, 91 marks - i missed out the back page worth 10% (i didnt run out of time, i just didnt see it) how is this possible?
Reply 252
Original post by CheesePuffff
4 As and 1 B, not too bad :smile:

Edit: 2 off of an a* in English language, and 2 off of an a in biology. Dammit.

What UMS did you get that was 2 marks off an A* because I got 105? :s-smilie:
Reply 253
Flopped English. Got C/74 could someone tell me the UMS grade boundaries, not the raw marks?
Reply 254
A - Biology
A - Chemistry
A- Physics
A*- History
edit - forgot the A in french writing as well! was so pleased with this result as was expecting a D/C.

was one mark off a* for all three sciences which is a bummer :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mr Young
A - Biology
A - Chemistry
A- Physics
A*- History

was one mark off a* for all three sciences which is a bummer :frown:

Ouch!
Reply 257
English Lit Unit 2 - A*
Sociology Unit 1 - A*
Physics Unit 1 (retake) - A*
Biology Unit 2 - A

All w/ AQA

Really happy with my results! =D
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Johnny_H
What UMS did you get that was 2 marks off an A* because I got 105? :s-smilie:

106.. You got an a then? :smile:
Reply 259
woo got my results. A in English Lit ( wanted a* but not gonna be picky. Besides I'm not doing anything English related in sixth form :awesome:) And an a* in history which is VERY important as it my a level choice in henrietta! So me is a happy chica! I hope everyone else is pleased with their results :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest