The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8940
Original post by somaiyar
at least Warwick have been slightly quicker this year, I wasn't expecting a reply until the end of march

Awkward moment when I'm still waiting on Warwick :tongue: Did you get an offer from them?
Original post by Tateco
Yeah :smile: Are you going to firm Bristol if the inevitable happens to us with UCL?

Look that way, it's not such a big deal.

No idea what my back up will be though?
Reply 8942
Original post by 94george94
Look that way, it's not such a big deal.

No idea what my back up will be though?

Nah it won't have any impact on your life in the long run!

I'd pick Exeter personally, looks like you don't need to be worrying about grades after January results :smile: I didn't even have an insurance choice :tongue:
Original post by Yash13
Hi Congrats. I just got rejected lol. What are your grades like if you don't mind me asking e.g. GCSE, AS, Predictions.

sorry to hear that ! at I will PM you them !
Reply 8944
Original post by Tateco
Awkward moment when I'm still waiting on Warwick :tongue: Did you get an offer from them?

Yeah it's the standard A*AA, oh they still haven't replied yet?!
Original post by Tateco
Nah it won't have any impact on your life in the long run!

I'd pick Exeter personally, looks like you don't need to be worrying about grades after January results :smile: I didn't even have an insurance choice :tongue:

Where have you got offers from at the moment?
Reply 8946
Where have you got offers from at the moment?

Only Nottingham, but I have no interest in going there. Was pooled at Cambridge (then rejected) and waiting for my rejections from Warwick and UCL
Reply 8947
Original post by somaiyar
Yeah it's the standard A*AA, oh they still haven't replied yet?!

Jealous! No... when did you get it? At least there is still hope! what are your academics like? :colondollar:
Original post by Tateco
Only Nottingham, but I have no interest in going there. Was pooled at Cambridge (then rejected) and waiting for my rejections from Warwick and UCL

Have hope -i'm still hoping that some miracle will come from Warwick !
Original post by Tateco

Ahh, I see, well Nottingham is great but I suppose you're looking at a gap year?

A* in Economics is looking unreachable now. :frown:
Reply 8950
Original post by Tateco
Jealous! No... when did you get it? At least there is still hope! what are your academics like? :colondollar:

Erm I recieved it about 10 days ago, gcse 8a* 2a's, as grades were AAAA in maths econ chem and physics, dropped Chem and picked up AS FM this year, however my ums were average and I mistakenly put them on my ucas form when the whole 'ucl want ums!' thing started and I didn't realise that ucl would send you a separate email later asking for ums, do was surprised that Warwick and nottingham gave me offers
I have question. I got an offer for msc economics and industrial organization at warwick. i know the uni has a good reputation although im not sure about the program. is it perceived at a lesser degree than pure economics? and would i be able to do my phd at lse or ucl after i graduate? the thing is im only applying for ucl msc economics and warwick for this program. i havent heard from ucl yet and im starting to believe it would be a rejection. in case that happens, do i accept warwick offer?
any help would be appreciated.
thank you
Reply 8952
Ahh, I see, well Nottingham is great but I suppose you're looking at a gap year?

A* in Economics is looking unreachable now. :frown:

A little bit but not as much as before, I just prefer Bath to Nottingham that's all :smile:

Why can't you get the A*?
Reply 8953
Original post by AUBstudent
I have question. I got an offer for msc economics and industrial organization at warwick. i know the uni has a good reputation although im not sure about the program. is it perceived at a lesser degree than pure economics? and would i be able to do my phd at lse or ucl after i graduate? the thing is im only applying for ucl msc economics and warwick for this program. i havent heard from ucl yet and im starting to believe it would be a rejection. in case that happens, do i accept warwick offer?
any help would be appreciated.
thank you

Wrong thread, we're applicants, how are we supposed to know...
Somehow got 87 in unit 3 today but a 70 in unit 1, how do i do it.
Original post by Tateco

I'm sure I've asked this before but being the erm forgetful :/ ninny I am... you applied to four?
Reply 8956
Original post by Brand New Eyes
I'm sure I've asked this before but being the erm forgetful :/ ninny I am... you applied to four?

He asked where else, and we were talking about Bath :wink:
Original post by Tateco
A little bit but not as much as before, I just prefer Bath to Nottingham that's all :smile:

Why can't you get the A*?

Got 83. Full marks on my two essay questions, managed to screw up the short answer section. LOL
Got 83. Full marks on my two essay questions, managed to screw up the short answer section. LOL

I got 82 on F585. I cant get an A* anymore as well haha

unless I get 98 in F583 :rolleyes:
Original post by -Illmatic-
I got 82 on F585. I cant get an A* anymore as well haha

unless I get 98 in F583 :rolleyes:

It could happen! I got that in W&L and it was abit of a shock tbh :wink: also you could retake Macro if you wanted to? What was your stimulus on btw? We just got ours and it's all about China and the MPC :love: don't think I could have hoped for a better case study #win #win #win
:biggrin:
Original post by Tateco
He asked where else, and we were talking about Bath :wink:

ahhh I remember now <3 well I hope UCL and Warwick put you out of your misery soon! no news is good news as they say :smile:

Latest