The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
I personally can't wait for Easter, I LOOOOOOVE easter eggs!! With a cup of tea then you dip it in and it goes all gooeyy... HEAVEN.
Reply 1041
Size 10 dress. Boom :h:

Spoiler

Original post by sauce

Spoiler

Fabulous!
Original post by sauce

Spoiler

Awesome :biggrin: PRSOM.

----

Arrrrgggg, I'm dying.

Although if I still feel like this tomorrow, I'll be saving myself a few calories - I'm gong out tomorrow night, but if I still feel like death, I'm gonna skip alcohol and stick with diet coke.

Need to go make dinner soon. I'm thinking cod baked with pesto and tomatoes, servied with sliced baby potatoes/green beans/onion/pepper fried up together (not with loads of oil though)
Original post by lolololol
Does anyone know of anywhere you can send/donate unwanted Easter eggs? I hate Easter eggs, my birthday is around then and I always get loads as birthday presents :s-smilie: I do like chocolate but not that much all at once and Easter egg chocolate is awful quality.. and I seem to give in to temptation way too much!

Being good today, refused cake from two different people and having roast chicken and gravy with veg, yum yum yum!

Could you donate them to a homeless shelter or a women's refuge? Or perhaps an old people's home? :smile: If you have one near you of course :smile:
Original post by 08batee
So I got my A level results today, and they weren't good, AT ALL. I just don't know what to do as I genuinely worked so hard. I've already eaten really badly all day so I might just write it off and start again tomorrow :smile: I seem to be having too many days like this recently though...

Me too. I've had such a bad diet this past week. :/.
Reply 1046
Talking of easter eggs.my friend got me this

Spoiler

soooo cute and awesome. It's now sitting on my shelf...gonna be eaten very slowly( a bit a week probably) (hehe I'm gonna eat hello kitty's face :p:)
Found out today that on 11th May I will have finished uni FOREVER. This is rather scary, but means that I have two months before graduation in which to dedicate ENTIRELY to my exercise and diet campaign.

Even if I don't lose another pound before May, surely two months would be enough to shed the final 19 pounds? I am going to do this before graduation, riiiiight??
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Found out today that on 11th May I will have finished uni FOREVER. This is rather scary, but means that I have two months before graduation in which to dedicate ENTIRELY to my exercise and diet campaign.

Even if I don't lose another pound before May, surely two months would be enough to shed the final 19 pounds? I am going to do this before graduation, riiiiight??

I finish on the 10th May :smile: But my graduation is 5th October :/ A summer of dedication, hopefully

Of course you are! You've been really inspirational on these threads, good luck with the last few pounds. :smile:

-----

Today's been a bit odd. Spent much of the day dashing about going to lectures and buying food - I've done enough walking to require another 350 calories, but I've barely managed to eat 750 so far. :s-smilie: Guess I should go and make something to eat, but even after my planned dinner I'll have 400 calories to spare... don't know what to do with them.
Oooh, tasty dinner was tasty :smile:
Added a good pinch of chilli flakes to help clear my sinuses :tongue:

I'm sure you'll lose between now and May, so I think you've got a pretty good shot at being at your goal for graduation - I really hope you make it :smile:

Scary, I finish forever on the 18th May... but I don't graduate (if I actually pass, I don't like to jinx these things for myself :p:) until November! :/ No idea why my Uni decide to do it in freezing November, when most unis graduate in the summer/early autumn, when the weather might actually be nice :p:

Have you decided what you're wearing to your graduation? :smile:
Original post by amizzle91
I'm sure you'll lose between now and May, so I think you've got a pretty good shot at being at your goal for graduation - I really hope you make it :smile:

Scary, I finish forever on the 18th May... but I don't graduate (if I actually pass, I don't like to jinx these things for myself :p:) until November! :/ No idea why my Uni decide to do it in freezing November, when most unis graduate in the summer/early autumn, when the weather might actually be nice :p:

Have you decided what you're wearing to your graduation? :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I can totally do this :biggrin:.

Well we have to wear black on the bottom and white on the top, so very limited, but I'm hoping to try and wear a skirt rather than trousers, and a nice fitted shirt rather than the ones I'd have worn in the past which were horrible and baggy!

Hoping someone decides to have a graduation party then I can buy something skimpy and entirely inappropriate :biggrin:. I need to get this out of my system before I get too old.. no-one likes mutton!
Well and truly fed up tonight. Managed to mess up the cooking of the rice I was making for dinner, so I've ended up with curry sauce and two slices of bread. All my friends are drinking in the house tonight (one of my favourite activities that I haven't indulged in for weeks) and I can't join them because a) diet, and b) university work/up early for lectures. Hate today, it's been truly miserable since I left uni. :frown:
Can someone recommend me some healthy, low calorie, FILLING dinners? I've been having weetabix for breakfast but dinner is :/
Original post by sauce

Spoiler

Aw well done :biggrin:
Original post by rlw31
Well done :smile:

Reply 1057
Pretty good day today... Got SO much work, and that would usually make me eat a ton of biscuits, but I just haven't bought any so can't eat any:smile:

Breakfast: bagel with peanut butter
Lunch: 2 tubes of canneloni bolognaise, lots of salad. Apple crumble
Afternoon: wholemeal pitta with philadelphia and cherry tomatoes
Dinner: tomato soup with a roll, plain yoghurt and cherry compote.

Haven't managed to do any exercise because of work, but I do have a fair few sports matches over the weekend..
Original post by nepourmourrir
Can someone recommend me some healthy, low calorie, FILLING dinners? I've been having weetabix for breakfast but dinner is :/

Well, you've probably had dinner already, but jacket potatoes are the most filling thing you can eat IMO. There's no way a large jacket potato with maybe 1/2 a can of beans would take you over 500 cals, but for some reason it's seen as something to steer clear of when you're on a diet.:s-smilie:
Original post by nepourmourrir

I've been having this problem too! So far the ideas I've had are:

-Pasta in tesco value tomato sauce bulked out with a tin of sweetcorn and peppers. The sauce is 39p, the sweetcorn and peppers is about 62p, and the whole thing lasts me two big portions.
-Cheap curry sauce with rice, chicken, and cheap tinned veg. Chicken can be expensive but I get ore-cooked packets from Heron that are £1 each and again, the whole thing makes two portions.
-Innocent veg pots (they're expensive in Tesco but shop around - a few places have them on offer - Sainsbury's have them on 50% off right now).
-Stir fry, with a stir-in sauce.
-Vegetable burgers (made of literal veg, cheap in Heron) with homemade potato wedges (half a potato with frylight and whatever herbs/spices) and veg.
-Vegetarian sausages with carrot and swede mash with onion and gravy.

That's just off the top of my head... sorry for the monster of a post but I hope it's given you at least one idea. I don't like potatoes so it's a bit more difficult for me, but as someone said above, jacket potatoes are cheap, versatile, and very filling. :smile:

-----

On another note, if anyone would like to add me on myfitnesspal, my username is alabelle. :smile: Definitely need the accountability factor of knowing people could read my food diary, haha... and I'm nosy about other people. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest