The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2920
Original post by R4INBOW
:gasp: I am now going to watch it with that mindset. Might make the series less idiotic in my eyes. Nonetheless it's still something i look forward too during the week ( Alongside Natsume Yuujinchou, Mirai Nikki, Chihayafuru, Sket Dan and the other hundreds of anime that at least have a somewhat meaningful plot line) Oops i think my otaku hate rays are oozing :cute:

It's still idiotic, but at least you're laughing at it rather than head-desking at the awful attempts it makes at being a serious horror show.
Reply 2921
:hmmm:you people and your blog circlejerking

Finished Thermae Roma :mmm: good little series, short enough to not get old.

Ep 8 of Nisenmonogatari where Ararararagi brushed his sisters teeth made for awkward viewing... :wtf:
Original post by Truered
Today I sat and watched all 12 episodes of DMC for the first time. I still see vin as Krauser II :mmm:

:proud: good man

did you like it then?:s:
(edited 12 years ago)
sora no otoshimono movie is out :teeth: :woo: but gona wait for some better subs :yes:

Original post by caraniel
I can't go an episode of Another without breaking into fits of laughter - show lacks any kind of subtlety or deftness when attempting to create atmosphere and the death scenes are fecking hilarious :giggle:

alright dont think i'll be taking this show quite so seriously from now on then :laugh: that first death was pretty ridiculous :facepalm2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2923
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm looking forward to Spring though, if nothing else there will be a wider range of new shows to choose from. :yes:

Yeah, there are a couple of shows I'm looking forward to in Spring. Apollon, Eureka 7 and Hyouka have piqued my interest. I still think of Fate as an Autumn 2011 show, but I can't wait for it to begin. Things get so much more intense in the LNs.

To be entirely honest though, I'd love to skip spring for summer. But only for one show... which could go horribly wrong.
Original post by Tabris
Yeah, there are a couple of shows I'm looking forward to in Spring. Apollon, Eureka 7 and Hyouka have piqued my interest. I still think of Fate as an Autumn 2011 show, but I can't wait for it to begin. Things get so much more intense in the LNs.

To be entirely honest though, I'd love to skip spring for summer. But only for one show... which could go horribly wrong.

Eureka 7 and Fate/Zero are top of my list too, along with guilty pleasures such as Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, Saki and Queen's Blade: Rebellion. :p: In terms of non sequel/spinoff series, Hyouka, Jormungand, Sankarea and Sakamichi no Apollon are just a few of those which appeal to me.

*looks at summer season* More Hakuouki and Horizon. :no: A couple of interesting new series, but right now I'll stick to looking forward to spring, and hope that a few more titles get announced for summer in the coming weeks.
cant wait for next season

Spoiler

Reply 2926
Original post by eugenius 8
cant wait for next season

Spoiler

I heard it's only a redubbing of the originals.

I was hoping for something like this:

Spoiler

Just finished Teki wa Kaizoku!, which wasn't great. The plot didn't make a lot of sense, but judging by the fact the 6th (and final) episode finished with a next episode preview, I'm assuming it got cancelled before it could really end. :dontknow:
Reply 2928
*looks at summer season* More Hakuouki and Horizon. :no: A couple of interesting new series, but right now I'll stick to looking forward to spring, and hope that a few more titles get announced for summer in the coming weeks.

I'm just in it for Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse. I haven't read the Total Eclipse LNs or the VN yet, so I don't know too much about the story; though they are on my to-read list. Based on the premise and what I do know (international teams testing mechs), it could easily end up being like Infinite Stratos. While I enjoyed IS, something like that wouldn't do Muv-Luv any justice.

Also, got the Fate/Zero OST today. All of my :drool:

Oh yeah, and the other world scenes in Black Rock Shooter were fantastic this week. I loved seeing Strength and Insane BRS finally getting involved in some action.
(edited 12 years ago)
im up to date with Another now, double whammy :awesome: im not really finding the deaths hilarious more like WTF so random :lolwut: though i did smile at that 3rd death and also tried to keep a straight face during the last 3 deaths :p: but im still finding some of the other scenes pretty scary :s-smilie: i guess im just a pussy when it comes to horror stuff :p:

Original post by Tabris
I heard it's only a redubbing of the originals.

I was hoping for something like this:

Spoiler

aww :frown:

^:rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Another :sigh: Yet "Another" badly executed story which supplies us viewers with unnecessary gore (See the pun!! :excited:) Ok that was lame
Meh, I still really like Another. I don't see why something should have to be either serious or comedic - why can't it be both? (reminds me of the current Bakuman arc :p:) I'm interested in the whole mystery/curse side of it, and I find the deaths hilarious, so in a way it's doubly entertaining! Lack of character development is probably the biggest flaw that springs to mind, seeing as most of the cast seem to exist purely to get sporadically killed off, but that's the case with a lot of live action horror films too. :dontknow:
Reply 2932
I would have assumed that A-P had an automated script that updates the episode count the moment it aires, but I'm beginning to think they manually do this themselves, as I've already watched episode 23 of Bakuman S2, 10 of Area no Kishi and Zero no Tsukaima F and I can't update my account to reflect this. It's no big deal as it usually 'updates' within the day of airing, it just seems odd that it wouldn't automatically do this.
Original post by Aiko
I would have assumed that A-P had an automated script that updates the episode count the moment it aires, but I'm beginning to think they manually do this themselves, as I've already watched episode 23 of Bakuman S2, 10 of Area no Kishi and Zero no Tsukaima F and I can't update my account to reflect this. It's no big deal as it usually 'updates' within the day of airing, it just seems odd that it wouldn't automatically do this.

It is manual, presumably because automatic systems wouldn't easily be able to take into account weeks when a series doesn't air, or double episodes etc.

A good example of such a system gone wrong would be mahou Showtime! - great site for finding air dates/times, but because their system hasn't counted the recap episodes of Last Exile 2, the show is listed as finished at 21 eps two weeks ago. :p: Manual updates can be irritating if delayed for whatever reason, and I imagine they're a lot of work for the A-P staff, but they're far less likely to make errors that way. :yes:
Reply 2934
It is manual, presumably because automatic systems wouldn't easily be able to take into account weeks when a series doesn't air, or double episodes etc.

A good example of such a system gone wrong would be mahou Showtime! - great site for finding air dates/times, but because their system hasn't counted the recap episodes of Last Exile 2, the show is listed as finished at 21 eps two weeks ago. :p: Manual updates can be irritating if delayed for whatever reason, and I imagine they're a lot of work for the A-P staff, but they're far less likely to make errors that way. :yes:

Ah, of course, that makes sense. I suppose they'd be reluctant to scrape data from something like Syobai to account for this automatically. :giggle:
This week's Persona 4 episode completely caught me off guard, I still can't believe what happened :cry2:
Original post by The Cornerstone
This week's Persona 4 episode completely caught me off guard, I still can't believe what happened :cry2:

gona watch that in a bit, hope its not what i think is gona happen, thought i had read a spoiler the other day :s-smilie:
Reply 2937
uzumaki is bloody weird:lolwut:
Reply 2938
Original post by vin
uzumaki is bloody weird:lolwut:

Is that the one with the village where everything, erm, spirals out of control?
I'm enjoying Tower of Druaga so far, but these official subs have been off in places. :wtf: Examples include spelling a character's name wrong, and claiming that Gilgamesh had only been king for 8 years as opposed to 80. :hmmmm2:

Latest

Trending

Trending