The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent ninja
According to Engadget, the SGS2 will get ICS on Saturday. But they think it won't have Flash or Bluetooth 3.0 support. Add the fact it won't look any different to the current stock ROM due to Touchwiz, is there any point in updating? What are the benefits?

Original post by G8D
It'll run better.

And you can run chrome for android and just switch to Nova :smile:
Original post by wizard710
And you can run chrome for android and just switch to Nova :smile:

Chrome any good? I've forever used Dolphin. It's great.
Reply 6982
Samsung's Twitter has confirmed that the SGS2 will definitely be getting an ICS update but that it definitely won't be tomorrow.
Reply 6983

Chrome is fantastic, particularly having the list of all my currently open tabs on my other machines.
Dolphin just crashes for me, like randomly quitting and taking all my tabs with it.

Original post by estel
Chrome is fantastic, particularly having the list of all my currently open tabs on my other machines.

This very much so. I open so many tabs on my computer to read and so handy for them to sync over
Got a problem with Google Play/Android Market. Yesterday The Market updating to Google Play, no problems until today. I went yo go into Google Play and it wouldn't let me go on keep saying 'Cant access this app, restart Go Launcher." I did that, but its reset the market back to the market and when I go on it just sends me to a web page with T&C's, but let me accept them. Anyone got any ideas?
Original post by TheCasual
Got a problem with Google Play/Android Market. Yesterday The Market updating to Google Play, no problems until today. I went yo go into Google Play and it wouldn't let me go on keep saying 'Cant access this app, restart Go Launcher." I did that, but its reset the market back to the market and when I go on it just sends me to a web page with T&C's, but let me accept them. Anyone got any ideas?

I had this yesterday, just go into settings>applications>manage>all>market> clear all data and uninstall all updates. You'll probably end up on the old-old market, then wait a bit and it'll eventually update...
Reply 6988
Is there any way I can have my phone on silent except for one number, which would be on ringtone and vibrate?
Reply 6989
Has anyone tried the Sense ROM on the Nexus S??
Original post by tory88
Is there any way I can have my phone on silent except for one number, which would be on ringtone and vibrate?
SemiSilent
My VIP Calls
Auto Ring
Apple products/iOS is such a rip off! Your paying so much for so less.
E.g.
-You can't remove the battery simply from a iPhone? WTF?
-No fileshare bluetooth? WTF?
-No memory card slot...
-Really expensive
-No Flash support
-Really limited - no real multitasking, no task manager, widgets etc
-Too attached to itunes

It's too controlled by Apple and there's no freedom tbh.
Thats why i prefer android/windows or any other.
Apple products are ****!
The best internet browser I've found for android is Opera, I use it on my phone and on my laptop because it's really fast - especially compared to the pre-installed android browser which is really slow and doesn't have a tab function!

Thought I'd just share that haha.
I've been using Dolphin since I got my phone, as well as Dolphin Mini for private browsing :innocent:
Original post by G8D
I did really like the stock ICS browser...

What was it like? Could you actually exit it?
Original post by + polarity -
I've been using Dolphin since I got my phone, as well as Dolphin Mini for private browsing :innocent:

To buy gifts for loved ones in case uhh...they borrow your phone and stumble upon your browsing history hidden behind those various menus, right?

Dolphin HD has never let me down. It feels like Firefox, which is a good thing I think.
To buy gifts for loved ones in case uhh...they borrow your phone and stumble upon your browsing history hidden behind those various menus, right?

Dolphin HD has never let me down. It feels like Firefox, which is a good thing I think.

Yeah my sister's always trying to get on my phone ffs
Original post by 09042850
Apple products/iOS is such a rip off! Your paying so much for so less.
E.g.
-You can't remove the battery simply from a iPhone? WTF?
-No fileshare bluetooth? WTF?
-No memory card slot...
-Really expensive
-No Flash support
-Really limited - no real multitasking, no task manager, widgets etc
-Too attached to itunes

It's too controlled by Apple and there's no freedom tbh.
Thats why i prefer android/windows or any other.
Apple products are ****!

Those are all negatives in my book but most people aren't aware of the limitations or don't care. Anyway, the only thing I dislike is the double standards. If phones other than an iPhone lack these features they inevitably get marked down and criticised but Apple is given a free pass. Look at the recent HTC or Nexus phones with irremovable battery and no memory card slot.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6998
Has anyone tried any magic apps???
Original post by + polarity -
Yeah my sister's always trying to get on my phone ffs

Ha I hate giving anyone my phone even if it's just to watch a quick video. They might rummage through my texts :ninja: there's gotta be a new social convention about that! It ain't okay to snoop on someone's PC but it is 'kinda' ok to do it on their phone?

I don't know how I lived without pattern lock.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest