The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AUBstudent
:frown: so by when do you think i should give up on my chances of getting an offer , if i havent heard of them? im applying for msc economics btw. thanks

I don't think many people have heard for Economics. I applied for Economic Policy and it's been about 2 months and I've heard nothing. Some people applied in October and still haven't heard anything. Econ is just being slow!
Reply 601
For all of you who haven't heard back after the 6 weeks, send them an email. I did that and it turns out that because of a printing error my application wasn't sent to the dept, got my response 2 weeks after that.

Obviously, it's not likely to be the case for all of you! But don't think that just because you're asking them about your application progress means that they might just reject you for asking! :smile:
Reply 602
Original post by crazy00
Hi everyone! recently got an offer for MSc (CS Dept) :smile:. Anyone else with offers for the same??

Congrats! How do they inform u? You see your status change on the online system or they just drop u an email? I am also applying for msc in cs dept.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 603
I just got an email saying:

Your application has been sent back to the admissions office for processing. The convenor of the course would like to accept you on the course, but there are at this stage other criteria to meet.
You should expect to hear from them in the next week with a decision.

This means that it is now going back to the admissions office from the department!

I hope I get an offer so it seems?
Reply 604
Original post by Durham_

Your application has been sent back to the admissions office for processing. The convenor of the course would like to accept you on the course, but there are at this stage other criteria to meet.

This means that it is now going back to the admissions office from the department!

I believe this is what they call unofficial offer!!! fingers crossed!!

Good luck
Original post by Durham_

My sister got an email just like that and few days later she got an offer so congratss!! :smile: to what course did you apply if i may ask?
Any word on economics offers yet?? Im giving UCL until friday to hear from them, then i would officially consider myself rejected !!
Reply 607
My sister got an email just like that and few days later she got an offer so congratss!! :smile: to what course did you apply if i may ask?

MSc in Environment, Science and Society!!!

I hope to get it!! :smile:
Reply 608
Original post by cmk
I believe this is what they call unofficial offer!!! fingers crossed!!

Good luck

Thank you!!!
Reply 609
Any word on economics offers yet?? Im giving UCL until friday to hear from them, then i would officially consider myself rejected !!

Same here..a little losing hope already..
Hey guys,

I've applied to UCL for the Masters in Law (LLM) and I am literally checking my emails every few hours for a reply. Really hope I get in. Anyone in a similar situation? Could you tell me when you applied? I'm getting more and more worried as I think there will be more competition now :frown:

EDIT: Applied on the 1st of March so I havent been waiting long.
Did anyone tried calling the economics dep. at UCL to see whats wrong ? i tried twice, but nobody answered so i got transfered to a voicemail :frown: so i asked the admissions guy whether i should be worried that i haven't heard from the dep. and he said they will need few more weeks to get back to all applicants !! aren't they supposed to make all offers before the open day??
Reply 612
Original post by midnightL
Hey guys,

I've applied to UCL for the Masters in Law (LLM) and I am literally checking my emails every few hours for a reply. Really hope I get in. Anyone in a similar situation? Could you tell me when you applied? I'm getting more and more worried as I think there will be more competition now :frown:

Hi
I received an offer for the LLM yesterday. I applied on the 20th of January, so I'm afraid you might have a while to wait (unless they've really started churning them out). Good luck! :smile:
Reply 613
Hey guys,

Hi,

I applied for the LLM on 6 February. I received an email last week asking me to send clearer copies of my transcripts, which I did, and my status is still saying that my application is being processed.
Reply 614
my application says "processing by admissions".. how much time would it take approximately to come up to a decision ?
*fingers crossed*
Original post by Dubie
Hi
I received an offer for the LLM yesterday. I applied on the 20th of January, so I'm afraid you might have a while to wait (unless they've really started churning them out). Good luck! :smile:

Thanks! I was quoted 4 weeks from my application being sent to the examiners. I have an offer from Kings which I have accepted as they said I am perfectly able to withdraw at no cost or discomfort on their side. I suppose its just a waiting game.

Original post by dunkie
Hi,

I applied for the LLM on 6 February. I received an email last week asking me to send clearer copies of my transcripts, which I did, and my status is still saying that my application is being processed.

Ahh, I think I'll check my application status now to see what that says but I'm sure its going to be something similar. I have an offer from Kings and waiting for LSE. EDIT: Mine says application complete and it quotes me 6 weeks. I hate this waiting game! :frown:

Can I ask you guys why you have gone for the masters? Are you looking to get a Training Contract? And what you would chose out of LSE, Kings or UCL. Any info would be great :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rohitbose
my application says "processing by admissions".. how much time would it take approximately to come up to a decision ?
*fingers crossed*

I think the offical is 6 weeks but I was just qouted 4. I think it also depends on what you are applying to :smile:
Reply 617
Can I ask you guys why you have gone for the masters? Are you looking to get a Training Contract? And what you would chose out of LSE, Kings or UCL. Any info would be great :smile:

Im doing my masters to get more expertise in commercial law (my chosen field). i also think it will look good on my CV :biggrin:

i also have an unconditional offer from Kings. i think i'll accept it ifi can withdraw with no repercussions!
Reply 618
Original post by rohitbose
*fingers crossed*

I received an offer within about 12 hrs of the application status changing to "processing by admissions", but probably it depends on department processes etc. You should get a decision soonish though, I would think.
Reply 619
Thanks! I was quoted 4 weeks from my application being sent to the examiners. I have an offer from Kings which I have accepted as they said I am perfectly able to withdraw at no cost or discomfort on their side. I suppose its just a waiting game.

Ahh, I think I'll check my application status now to see what that says but I'm sure its going to be something similar. I have an offer from Kings and waiting for LSE. EDIT: Mine says application complete and it quotes me 6 weeks. I hate this waiting game! :frown:

I'm doing the LLM because I want some overseas academic experience before pursuing a PhD. I'm not sure how I'd choose between LSE, Kings, and UCL. I guess it would depend on your area of interest. I had a look at all 3 and decided only to apply to UCL (of those 3, I applied to other unis) because its course offerings and structure suited me best. I don't think you could really go wrong with any of those , so any decision will be a good one. LSE did seem to have quite swish grad accommodation from memory, so that could be a factor :smile:

I'll be declining my UCL offer though, as Cambridge and University of Toronto are currently battling for my affection. I hope you get a decision soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending