The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by MangoFreak
Probably shouldn't worry about it :smile: Can you resit Maths?

Yeah - In all fairness, I didn't do no revision so I expected it really. I got the 4th best in my class, only three others got C's. My Maths teacher told me I'll resit it in November, I don't think I'll have any other exams round then. I want that C though, I'll make sure I revise for that one :biggrin:

I got a B in my Science, which, not making excuses for myself - I am happy with as I didn't finish either tests as I seriously think we needed more time. I just hope I do better in the remaining 50% of the course.

Bit disappointed really.
Original post by Jack59
Yeah - In all fairness, I didn't do no revision so I expected it really. I got the 4th best in my class, only three others got C's. My Maths teacher told me I'll resit it in November, I don't think I'll have any other exams round then. I want that C though, I'll make sure I revise for that one :biggrin:

AHHH, DOUBLE NEGATIVE!! :rant:

Sorry :colondollar:

Original post by Jack59
I got a B in my Science, which, not making excuses for myself - I am happy with as I didn't finish either tests as I seriously think we needed more time. I just hope I do better in the remaining 50% of the course.

Bit disappointed really.

You'll do better next time :hugs:. A B isn't bad anyway :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1902
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
AHHH, DOUBLE NEGATIVE!! :rant:

Sorry :colondollar:

:biggrin:

My Maths teacher's face when I said ''Well, in all honesty Sir... I never revised'' was a picture.
Original post by Jack59

My Maths teacher's face when I said ''Well, in all honesty Sir... I never revised'' was a picture.

In fairness, I never revise either. I always SAY I will, sometimes I even get round to making exam timetables and everything, but they never get used :colondollar: I really need to sort that out soon :colondollar:
In fairness, I never revise either. I always SAY I will, sometimes I even get round to making exam timetables and everything, but they never get used :colondollar: I really need to sort that out soon :colondollar:

Original post by Jack59

I'll start revising in college :biggrin:
I'll start revising in college :biggrin:

Ditto :biggrin:

On a related note, are there loads of people at all of your schools that get about 500 million billion hours of out of school tuition every week? I mean, sure, if you're struggling with a certain subject then I could understand, but the people at my school who get tutored are the ones who are incredibly intelligent anyway. I really don't see the point. :lolwut:
Ditto :biggrin:

On a related note, are there loads of people at all of your schools that get about 500 million billion hours of out of school tuition every week? I mean, sure, if you're struggling with a certain subject then I could understand, but the people at my school who get tutored are the ones who are incredibly intelligent anyway. I really don't see the point. :lolwut:

Nope. But if that happens at your school, they could be tutoring the supersmarts to be able to do things bigger than just GCSE or something. I mean, I'll be doing my maths exams early in November, and then I'll be doing Maths Challenge stuff and even STEP papers :dontknow:

I need to get a social life soon or I'm going to get depressed by my nerdy stereotype :colonhash:
Nope. But if that happens at your school, they could be tutoring the supersmarts to be able to do things bigger than just GCSE or something. I mean, I'll be doing my maths exams early in November, and then I'll be doing Maths Challenge stuff and even STEP papers :dontknow:

It's not for anything beyond GCSEs, or so they say.

I guess they just have pushy parents? :dontknow:
Reply 1908
wooo!! I got an a!
Original post by 08rbut
wooo!! I got an a!

Well done! :biggrin:
I got A* in English Lit, but a B in Maths Module 1 - I'm such an idiot as I was like 2 marks off an A and I misread a question, I realised instantly as I walked out and it's just so annoying having to retake.
SPaG for non-English GCSEs?-seems daft to me.
Original post by Dalek1099
SPaG for non-English GCSEs?-seems daft to me.

The only ones with SPaG marks I do are the three sciences, and they only tend to have 1 question of the sort and the rest even allow phonetic spelling
Original post by dinrah04
The only ones with SPaG marks I do are the three sciences, and they only tend to have 1 question of the sort and the rest even allow phonetic spelling

SPaG isn't in science though and it will be added to all English Lit,RE,Geography,History ,units,all boards,from January 2013.Even if you have already started your course,the changes will appear for units January.
I have to teach a 15 minute lesson on Geometric Series to my class this week...

Geometric Series are Core 2 in AS Level Maths :colonhash:
Reply 1915
I have to teach a 15 minute lesson on Geometric Series to my class this week...

Geometric Series are Core 2 in AS Level Maths :colonhash:

wow why so early?
Original post by non
wow why so early?

We had to tell our teacher one thing we didn't fully understand. I couldn't think of anything at GCSE-level :biggrin: :colondollar:
Reply 1917
do any of you have a part time job or are you going to look for one when you turn 16?
Original post by non
do any of you have a part time job or are you going to look for one when you turn 16?

The moment I turn 16 I'm applying to everywhere I can.
Original post by non
wow why so early?

Because he's Mango :redface:

Latest