The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8960
Original post by 94george94
Got 83. Full marks on my two essay questions, managed to screw up the short answer section. LOL

That's not bad, I need to get a little more than 90 in econ 4 but I think it is doable.
Reply 8961
Original post by Brand New Eyes
It could happen! I got that in W&L and it was abit of a shock tbh :wink: also you could retake Macro if you wanted to? What was your stimulus on btw? We just got ours and it's all about China and the MPC :love: don't think I could have hoped for a better case study #win #win #win
:biggrin:

ahhh I remember now <3 well I hope UCL and Warwick put you out of your misery soon! no news is good news as they say :smile:

How's your UCAS going?
Original post by Tateco
That's not bad, I need to get a little more than 90 in econ 4 but I think it is doable.

You punish yourself when you get 0/5 on a question. If I had aced that I would have been up to the 90s. Oh well though, I only have myself to blame!
It could happen! I got that in W&L and it was abit of a shock tbh :wink: also you could retake Macro if you wanted to? What was your stimulus on btw? We just got ours and it's all about China and the MPC :love: don't think I could have hoped for a better case study #win #win #win
:biggrin:

98 UMS? Hey my new best friend :P

Seriously forgot :P I'll check it in a sec..oh yeah India and the Washington Consensus...Austerity measures relating to the Coalition Government...China/USA trade imbalance
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by -Illmatic-
97? Hey my new best friend :P

Seriously forgot :P I'll check it in a sec..oh yeah India and the Washington Consensus...Austerity measures relating to the Coalition Government...China/USA trade imbalance

98* but same thing :wink: haha are you doing W&L too? It's mainly just remember the graphs/definitions. Transport looks so yuck.

Ah I head it a tough one, glad I'm doing Macro in June whey! But interesting stuff. The stimulus for your paper doesnt seem to be on the website. Do you have a copy? D:
98* but same thing :wink: haha are you doing W&L too? It's mainly just remember the graphs/definitions. Transport looks so yuck.

Ah I head it a tough one, glad I'm doing Macro in June whey! But interesting stuff. The stimulus for your paper doesnt seem to be on the website. Do you have a copy? D:

Corrected it to 98 once I realised haha. Here.

Yup W&L. I dislike Micro so I'm not really enjoying it tbh haha. Do you have your notes?

@george...do you still have any F582 notes by any chance? :smile:
Original post by -Illmatic-
Corrected it to 98 once I realised haha. Here.

Yup W&L. I dislike Micro so I'm not really enjoying it tbh haha. Do you have your notes?

@george...do you still have any F582 notes by any chance? :smile:

Haha no worries. essentially the same tbh.

:cry: that's the new one! I think OCR take it down once the exam is over because erm :/ don't really know why. Ah well

YEAH ME TOO! Micro just sucks, I just find macro a lot more interesting + fun

Notes :ninja: erm I dont tend to use those much. Our teacher gave us lots of useful sheets with the market structures which were alot better than the textbook but essentially the same thing. Tutor2u is also seriously lacking for the W&L module. Bit early but when you get to revising make a table of all the leisure industries and which market structure they mostly fit into aka monopoly which reasons why so you can quote them in the exam if you need to. The good thing is you get to choose your essay and it's normally 2 labour market ones and 1 leisure/market structure one :smile:
Haha no worries. essentially the same tbh.

:cry: that's the new one! I think OCR take it down once the exam is over because erm :/ don't really know why. Ah well

YEAH ME TOO! Micro just sucks, I just find macro a lot more interesting + fun

Notes :ninja: erm I dont tend to use those much. Our teacher gave us lots of useful sheets with the market structures which were alot better than the textbook but essentially the same thing. Tutor2u is also seriously lacking for the W&L module. Bit early but when you get to revising make a table of all the leisure industries and which market structure they mostly fit into aka monopoly which reasons why so you can quote them in the exam if you need to. The good thing is you get to choose your essay and it's normally 2 labour market ones and 1 leisure/market structure one :smile:

Ah fair play! Yeah our teacher has made us attempt some questions already :erm:
LSE ended my drought :blush:
Original post by funkydee
LSE ended my drought :blush:

Offer?
Original post by Melikeyflute
Offer?

Yes :biggrin:
Original post by funkydee
Yes :biggrin:

Congrats man! I can't even begin to imagine how happy you must feel... What were your gcses and a-levels if you don't mind me asking?
A girl in my sixth form got an LSE L101 offer (despite getting a pre-interview rejection from Downing College, Cambridge) LSE are finally getting a move on!
Reply 8973
L101 offer from LSE :smile:
Hey guys, thanks for keeping me company over the past 6months.
For the record.

International Student.
A-lvls : AAAA

Cambridge (Gonville and Caius) - Unsuccessful
LSE, UCL, Warwick - Unconditional

Funny though, I really wanted Cambridge...but I am grateful I have offers from LSE and UCL.
Reply 8975
Regret not applying to LSE :redface:
Reply 8976
Original post by Nadine10
L101 offer from LSE :smile:

Clean sweep? :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Regret not applying to LSE :redface:

Don't regret it. They are just cruel. They let you wait until last day o March to reject you :tongue:
times like this I wish I applied for L101 instead :ninja:
Reply 8979
times like this I wish I applied for L101 instead :ninja:

Huh? Oh you mean LSE? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending