The Student Room Group

how to drink vodka without tasting it?

Scroll to see replies

try lemonade, vodka, and blackcurrent.... it tastes like vimto so you drink lots and get tipsy without realising. :smile:
This sounds stupid, but make sure it isn't diet. My mum is diabetic so for a while I was drinking vodka in diet lemonade and it was bloody awful.
All I can say is try different mixers or different flavoured vodkas.
Or try a different drink. My friend hates vodka so drinks bacardi instead. Another friend only drinks schnapps. You'll find something else you like.
Carcinogen = cancer causing, e.g. tar in cigarettes.

Benzene is an aromatic molecule, meaning that it smells / tastes sweet :tongue:
Reply 43
Original post by *Funny*Bunny*
Keeping vodka in the fridge apparently makes the taste a lot nicer (I also know some people who keep it in the freezer and that works really well!)

many a Russian would have your head on a block for doing that to their vodka :wink:
I don't like the taste of vodka all that much but I often end up drinking it because it's so easy to drunk and often on promotions. Drinking with with energy drinks, and concentrated juices (like blackcurrent squash, undiluted or diluted with only a splash of water) makes the vodka much easier to drink. It's only really the first drink or two you need to be able to 'stand', as once you've started you kind of can't taste it from there on out.

If you're getting flavoured vodka, absolut do a fairly good range, the mandarin one is delicious with pineapple juice. Why not just get something you actually like drinking, though?
Reply 45
bring along a portable distillation kit, get that baby going then just drink the leftover water
Find a drink you actually like?
Original post by PaigeBlu
bring along a portable distillation kit, get that baby going then just drink the leftover water

:ahee:
Reply 48
Original post by thegodofgod

:ahee:

Don't try flirting with me son I'm actually a guy
Original post by PaigeBlu
Don't try flirting with me son I'm actually a guy

Even more reason to flirt :perv:
Vodka enema.
Reply 51
Eye shot(s).
Reply 52
Use a big straw and bypass your tongue. You may have a gag reflex, however.
Reply 53
mix the vodka with something with a LOT of sugar in eg. mirinda, fanta, grenadine etc.
with vodka coke it tastes much better with ice in it
however, vodka lime & lemon is amazing and the vodka tastes really nice in that! :love:
Reply 55
i tend to go straight for the veins
Original post by kayleigh.jean
with vodka coke it tastes much better with ice in it
however, vodka lime & lemon is amazing and the vodka tastes really nice in that! :love:

no. the lemon and lime tastes nice. the vodka still tastes of vodka.
strong mixer or nice vodka
Reply 58
Original post by consumed by stuff
i know why not try mixing it with water. that will cloak the taste. after all water is known for its strong flavours.

Its the lemon that does it though, it really does work for me!
Original post by consumed by stuff
no. the lemon and lime tastes nice. the vodka still tastes of vodka.

true..sorry, phrased badly; I meant that it doesn't come across as too strong with lime & lemon so it's nicer in that sense :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest