The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have no excuse not to do any exercise today. Going to hop on the scales for a sneak peak just to see how much I need to do in order to lose a bit by tomorrow! CANNOT wait until Easter when there's no more uni to worry about.. and hopefully the weather should be better, then I can just go out and walk round where I live, with no coat, gloves, or scarf, and exercise as much as I want!
3lbs lost this week! So chuffed, especially as I didn't think I'd lose this week. I went out for a curry on Thurs (night before weigh day) as well. At first I was thinking I'd be really good and look up what would be the best thing to have and have something dry rather than in a sauce. But then I thought you know what I need a treat now and again otherwise I'm going to drive myself crazy! So I had garlic king prawns as a starter and then lamb kaghani and it was delicious!

But I stuck to water all night except for the apple juice I had in the pub later when everyone around me was drinking vodka and coke or wine so that was good! Also no hangover for work on Friday.

So finally I saw a 13 on the scales rather than a 14!
Lost two ounces since yesterday. Now stuck on 12st 1lb 4oz. I can lose 4oz today, surely. Or if I don't manage it, I will just weigh in on Monday instead to give me more chance ha ha. I'm such a cheat!
I have a lot of work to do today. So far, I've got up, had some breakfast, sat on Facebook/TSR, got dressed.. and now it's nearly 11am and I haven't done anything. I also vowed to give up my dissertation for Lent because I was falling behind with my other work, but now I've managed to finish everything else I had to do, so it seems silly not to do ANY uni work for 4 weeks just for the sake of things. So want to crack on with it.. only thing I need to do really is improve my discussion section, which is 4,000 words and has my supervisor's writing ALL OVER it.. so it's taking courage to open the folder. Haven't managed that yet.
Reply 1104
Yummy breakfast(low fat yoghurt and fruit) and now relaxing after revising(exam on Monday) and more than ready for my lunch...come on 12 o clock....that means it's acceptable to eat ...:colone:
Original post by sauce
Yummy breakfast(low fat yoghurt and fruit) and now relaxing after revising(exam on Monday) and more than ready for my lunch...come on 12 o clock....that means it's acceptable to eat ...:colone:

Hate it when you're waiting for 12pm for your lunch! The clock seems to stop.
I think my colleagues have just got used to be eating my lunch about half 11. Ah well.
Reply 1106
Original post by haz220807
Hate it when you're waiting for 12pm for your lunch! The clock seems to stop.
I think my colleagues have just got used to be eating my lunch about half 11. Ah well.

I do have to do that sometimes, lunch has now been devoured...now demolishing an orange :p:
I always wait until 12.45 for lunch. No idea why, but it feels wrong having it earlier :tongue:

Although, that said, I did eat at 12 today. But that was brunch - I was too lazy to get up time to have breakfast and lunch before going out, so I had scrambled eggs, baked beans and sausages and 2 slices of toast, with a big glass of clementine juice :smile:

Got my aerial workshop at 3 :biggrin: Seriously excited :smile: Got to leave about 1.15 - we're all meeting at the studio, then car-sharing up there.

Also, my cold seems to be getting better :biggrin:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Lost two ounces since yesterday. Now stuck on 12st 1lb 4oz. I can lose 4oz today, surely. Or if I don't manage it, I will just weigh in on Monday instead to give me more chance ha ha. I'm such a cheat!

Honestly? I think you need to get your mum or someone to hide the scales and only give them to you once a week...you seem obsessed with weighing in and the number on the scales isn't everything:smile:

--------------------------------
Feel bloody awful...can barely move and have a temperature. So I just want to eat everything in sight.
Original post by sauce
I do have to do that sometimes, lunch has now been devoured...now demolishing an orange :p:

To be fair though I do normally eat my dinner about 4pm so that's how I justify an early lunch!
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
Honestly? I think you need to get your mum or someone to hide the scales and only give them to you once a week...you seem obsessed with weighing in and the number on the scales isn't everything:smile:

Not obsessed as such, but I know that when I don't weigh myself everyday (which I tried for 4 months in the summer) I have too much of "I still have 5 days before weigh in, I can burn this off tomorrow" going on. If I have to see the scales every day it keep me on track a lot easier.

When I first started losing weight, I'd weigh myself every time I went in the bathroom, so I would say once a day is a drastic improvement.
Not obsessed as such, but I know that when I don't weigh myself everyday (which I tried for 4 months in the summer) I have too much of "I still have 5 days before weigh in, I can burn this off tomorrow" going on. If I have to see the scales every day it keep me on track a lot easier.

When I first started losing weight, I'd weigh myself every time I went in the bathroom, so I would say once a day is a drastic improvement.

Haha well obviously it's working:biggrin: I used to weigh in quite alot but now I just dread it and weigh in whenever I feel like it,which can be weeks at a time.
Lost 2lbs this week! One more lb and I am 11 stone, and officially halfway to my target :biggrin:
Brilliant well done to your Mum and a happy birthday for tomorrow to her! It's fantastic when you're living with someone on a health kick as well as you. My Mum is losing weight also, but is doing the alternate day diet.. meaning that actually she puts even MORE temptation my way on her "up" days than she did in the past!

Have a lovely night tomorrow, everyone needs to treat themselves once in a while :biggrin:.

My mums's pretty rigid with hers! And tells me off when I eat too many naughty things, like if I've had two biscuits and I reach for a third, she tells me off :tongue:

And thank you! Gonna rep you now :smile:
EDIT: Apparently I've repped you too much. Oopsie :tongue:
The parentals are getting fish and chips tonight :frown: They tried to guilt me into having some as well ("It's okay you can cheat every now and again" "don't get obsessed" etc.) but they give me stomach pains anyway (must be the greasiness) I'll content myself with the lovely smell :p:
Reply 1115
Original post by amizzle91
The parentals are getting fish and chips tonight :frown: They tried to guilt me into having some as well ("It's okay you can cheat every now and again" "don't get obsessed" etc.) but they give me stomach pains anyway (must be the greasiness) I'll content myself with the lovely smell :p:

Tbf, fish and chips aren't THAT bad (compared to other take away foods anyway). Could always just have fish or something :P
Reply 1116
Original post by amizzle91

Perhaps have salad with it instead of chips?

I love fish and chips while I'm eating it, but I almost always get stomach ache/feel sick afterwards, haha. And even the 'mini' portions are always massive! Even my boyfriend often struggles to finish one.
Original post by GloriaPenguin
My mums's pretty rigid with hers! And tells me off when I eat too many naughty things, like if I've had two biscuits and I reach for a third, she tells me off :tongue:

And thank you! Gonna rep you now :smile:
EDIT: Apparently I've repped you too much. Oopsie :tongue:

I just tried to rep you as well, and also couldn't :-(. Haha not fair.
Just been for a walk to the shops to put off working on my dissertation. Great for my fitness levels, not so great for my dissertation.. although the end IS in sight now.
Aerial workshop was AWESOME!

We did rope climbing, silk climbing, and learnt a few moves on the trapeze and the hoops. Seriously achey now though, it was super hard work.

I'm getting Dominos with my housemate tonight, but tbh, I think I totally deserve it :tongue: Haven't had too much to eat so far today (2 eggs/small tin of beans and sausages/2 slices of toast/glass of juice for brunch, then a nakd bar and a handful of skittle this afternoon) so I should still be well within my calories considered the exercise :smile:
Reply 1119
Just put in my Greggs sandwich for lunch into MFP - already over my saturated fat by 2g, AND I've yet to put in the fact that I had supernoodles for dinner! Will just have to write off today as a nutritional disaster zone :P

Latest