The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

who's watching this?

is djoko playing rubbish or is murray playing awesomely?
Reply 2701
Original post by internet tough guy
who's watching this?

is djoko playing rubbish or is murray playing awesomely?

Er, bit of both tbh! :biggrin:
Murray wins! Very sporting from Djokovic at the net.

I didn't really see any of the match - I'm guessing Murray played well, Djokovic not so?
Andy Murray bt. Novak Djokovic 6-2 7-5 to reach the Final in Dubai.
Murray is the first man to beat the World #1, Djokovic, in 2012.
Great news for Andy, hopefully he keeps up the good form and takes the title against either Federer or Del Potro.
Seeing as it's an Olympic year as well, hopefully this is a good sign for Murray, and perhaps his time is close, but we'll see how he performs at the FO and Wimbledon before we make any predictions!
Great news!
Original post by Sirocco11
Murray wins! Very sporting from Djokovic at the net.

I didn't really see any of the match - I'm guessing Murray played well, Djokovic not so?

Djokovic was pretty poor and Murray was solid, nothing spectacular.

Murray obviously had a pretty poor slip up at 5-3 when he served for it but he came back strongly at 5-5. Should give him confidence mentally in their next encounter.
Federer beats Del Potro 7-6, 7-6 so very close.

With Federer's recent form i do not think Murray will take him.

Must have been pretty high quality as nobody broke serve.

Tomic playing Isner about 9pm our time, may be worth a watch.
Reply 2706
Original post by joshiep
Murray V Fed Dubai Final :biggrin:

I was correct :wink:
Isner beat Tomic, 6-3, 6-2.

I strongly expect Federer to win as he is having a cracking hard court season (results since US Open - SF, W,W,W, SF(R),SF, W, F/W).

Also, Djokovic actually lost 100 points since he was defending it from last year.
Reply 2708
Original post by Rakas21
Isner beat Tomic, 6-3, 6-2.

I strongly expect Federer to win as he is having a cracking hard court season (results since US Open - SF, W,W,W, SF(R),SF, W, F/W).

Also, Djokovic actually lost 100 points since he was defending it from last year.

Federer beat del potro in 2 straight sets but very narrow sets... If Murrays serves the way he did against djok then murray will win as murray brings more to the game than del potro does... I think murray could do it in 2 if he serves 70% first serves again.
The mighty Federer wins Dubai number 5, 7-5, 6-4.

The two Masters will be interesting as both were Djokovic wins and Nadal finals, so i hope that Federer can start catching Nadal.
Reply 2710
Fred peaking for another mickey-mouse tournament.
Original post by Zhy
Fred peaking for another mickey-mouse tournament.

Your posts are always mindless drivel. Wait for the French open, you'll see!
Reply 2712
Original post by JOR2010
Your posts are always mindless drivel. Wait for the French open, you'll see!

Yes, I will see Djokovic lifting the trophy high above his head right after he has ripped his shirt in another arrogant roar, whilst Nadal fingers his prostate before shaking Djokovic's hand and weeping uncontrollably whilst attempting to put on his humbalito disguise for the speech. Murray will, as usual, bow out in the semis, while Fred will be beaten by a journeyman in the QFs a la 2010.
Original post by Zhy
Yes, I will see Djokovic lifting the trophy high above his head right after he has ripped his shirt in another arrogant roar, whilst Nadal fingers his prostate before shaking Djokovic's hand and weeping uncontrollably whilst attempting to put on his humbalito disguise for the speech. Murray will, as usual, bow out in the semis, while Fred will be beaten by a journeyman in the QFs a la 2010.

Your comedy never fails to amuse.
Reply 2714
Federer playing Roddick at Madison Square Gardens, if anyone's up!

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/111679/1/watch-federer-vs-roddick.html
Reply 2716
Murray loses to garcia lopez.
Does anyone here post on any tennis forums? :smile:
Original post by Ciarán
Does anyone here post on any tennis forums? :smile:

I used to use AndyMurray's forums and I recently joined MensTennisForums.

There are a lot of good topics on there and it's very active but there is alot of trolling on there and hatered towards alot of players, particularly Murray.

Notable nicknames given to players: Nadull, Clownerer, Jokeovic, Mugray, Clownga, Fixarevic...No guesses for those.
Reply 2719
Original post by JaggySnake95
I use Tennis Warehouse.

There are a lot of good topics on there and it's very active but there is alot of trolling on there and hatered towards alot of players, particularly Murray.

Notable nicknames given to players: Nadull, Clownerer, Jokeovic, Mugray, Clownga, Fixarevic...No guesses for those.

I was going to reply to Ciarán properly, but it was quicker to just quote this and change it slightly since it shares the EXACT same description :colondollar:

Latest