The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent ninja
Ha I hate giving anyone my phone even if it's just to watch a quick video. They might rummage through my texts :ninja: there's gotta be a new social convention about that!

I don't know how I lived without pattern lock.

Yeah, I'm always cautious about that, thankfully no-one wants to go on my phone :redface:

I used to have pattern lock on just Handcent SMS but it made the app really strange, so now I have one on the normal lockscreen and everything's great :gthumb:
Ha I hate giving anyone my phone even if it's just to watch a quick video. They might rummage through my texts :ninja: there's gotta be a new social convention about that! It ain't okay to snoop on someone's PC but it is 'kinda' ok to do it on their phone?

I don't know how I lived without pattern lock.

Just download App Lock from Google Play. Then you can put a code whatever apps you want including messages and FB
I've managed to get myself a HTC One X, pretty good phone
i have had SGS2 for about 5 months now and gettin to love it after being a loyal apple fan for years...anyone know of any custom roms though to increase battery life and how to get that rom on the phone??
According to Engadget, the SGS2 will get ICS on Saturday. But they think it won't have Flash or Bluetooth 3.0 support. Add the fact it won't look any different to the current stock ROM due to Touchwiz, is there any point in updating? What are the benefits?

I think them saying it won't have flash was old information. Adobe have released an ICS update for flash. Multitasking, battery life and some other stuff too.

Meh personally I'm on Cyanogenmod 9 nightlies :smile:
Oh and my favourite browser that works (no Chrome on CM9 at the moment it seems) is the default ICS one - it's a massive improvement.
Original post by Billa Bong
i have had SGS2 for about 5 months now and gettin to love it after being a loyal apple fan for years...anyone know of any custom roms though to increase battery life and how to get that rom on the phone??

ICS should be out officially this month. Beyond that there's loads of sites dedicated to rooting and flashing. XDA forums is pretty popular.
I've rooted a San Fran and my Toichpad using idiot guides and YouTube vids. I don't know what I'm doing in all honesty lol but I haven't rooted my SGS2 though.

Original post by hassi94
I think them saying it won't have flash was old information. Adobe have released an ICS update for flash. Multitasking, battery life and some other stuff too.

Meh personally I'm on Cyanogenmod 9 nightlies :smile:

Sounds good!
My other reason for not rooting is that Sky Go won't work. Good to hear flash is coming. I still think it's necessary. Nova launcher looks cool so I'm sold.
(edited 12 years ago)
Had to reboot my phone after 918 hours :emo:
ICS should be out officially this month. Beyond that there's loads of sites dedicated to rooting and flashing. XDA forums is pretty popular.
I've rooted a San Fran and my Toichpad using idiot guides and YouTube vids. I don't know what I'm doing in all honesty lol but I haven't rooted my SGS2 though.

is ICS gonna improve battery life and just the general fastness or am i better off flashing a custom ROM like CheckROM?
I'll probably be getting a Samsung Galaxy S2 in May for my birthday; I can't wait! :party:
Original post by Billa Bong
is ICS gonna improve battery life and just the general fastness or am i better off flashing a custom ROM like CheckROM?

I don't think it will be much faster as it's quite a fast phone but it's hard to tell as there is no official Samsung (optimised) ROM out there. ICS has better multitasking and it will be more future proof so I guess that's reason enough to upgrade? I'd love a battery improvement. It's very average.
I don't think it will be much faster as it's quite a fast phone but it's hard to tell as there is no official Samsung (optimised) ROM out there. ICS has better multitasking and it will be more future proof so I guess that's reason enough to upgrade? I'd love a battery improvement. It's very average.

i know the battery life is the only thing i'm annoyed about...barely lasts me a day without charge :s-smilie:
p.s. it seems variable but the last cm9 nightly's battery life is twice as good as stock rom for me.
Original post by + polarity -
Had to reboot my phone after 918 hours :emo:
I think the longest I've lasted was about 750 hours.

Original post by mevidek
I'll probably be getting a Samsung Galaxy S2 in May for my birthday; I can't wait! :party:
The S3 may be out by then :tongue:

Original post by hassi94
Oh and my favourite browser that works (no Chrome on CM9 at the moment it seems) is the default ICS one - it's a massive improvement.

Agreed, ICS stock browser is really quite good :smile:
Original post by wizard710

:tong:

The S3 may be out by then :tongue:

Agreed, ICS stock browser is really quite good :smile:

I still want the S2 as it'll probably be cheaper
I'm due for an upgrade in two or three weeks to replace my Desire. What would you lot go for if you were me?
Reply 7017
Can't wait for Desire S ics
Original post by LtCommanderData
I'm due for an upgrade in two or three weeks to replace my Desire. What would you lot go for if you were me?

One X or wait for the S3 or S2 plus
Original post by G8D
I'd move to a rolling contract for a few months and wait for the OneX or Galaxy S3.

This is assuming you want to best/"future-proof".

One X or wait for the S3 or S2 plus

Hmm, thanks for the advice, guys. That One X does look good.

Latest

Trending

Trending