Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Help! Cambridge/ oxford applicants Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I wanted to know if these GCSE grades are good enough for Cambridge or Oxford. Thank you.

Maths: A
    Statistics: B
    English Lan: B
    English Lit: A
    C Science: B
    A Science: A
    Citizenship: B
    German: B
    Electronic Products D&T: A*
    Religious Studies: A
    OCR ICT: Distinction (3As)
    OCR Business: Distinction (2As)

ReputationRep:
    They're not the best seen for an Oxbridge applicant but you have 1 A* so you definitely have a chance. It also depends a lot on the subject you applied for, your AS grades and your predicted A2 grades. If you feel that your school didn't offer you a great education, they also make an allowance for bad schools, so your application will be "flagged"
    What subject/s are you thinking for applying for, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks for the reply
    I wanted to study LAW got 4As predicted at A2, what do you reckon - any better Uni for LAW
    regards,

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on course and university - I've heard Oxford look quite critically on GCSE grades, whereas Cambridge places far more emphasis on modular AS scores. Either way, high enough AS modular scores would still give you a running chance - your GCSE's won't be as high as the majority of others applying, but are by no means bad and can be compensated for by strong performance at A Level.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.