The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the Post Room in Oadby Student Village on GMS, is open over the weekend and at what times?

Thanks,

:smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 801
Original post by Elements
Hi,

Does anyone know whether the Post Room in Oadby Student Village on GMS, is open over the weekend and at what times?

Thanks,

:smile:

Not open on weekend unfortunately :frown: I have nice things there waiting for me :angry:
the queues for the post are getting ridiculous again, I went there on Friday in the freezing cold and was waiting for almost half an hour
Original post by Tericon
Not open on weekend unfortunately :frown: I have nice things there waiting for me :angry:

It isn't? Ah man, they don't even make it clear in their front gate. You normally get post everyday of the week, why would they close it on weekends :facepalm2:
Reply 804
Original post by The Cornerstone
It isn't? Ah man, they don't even make it clear in their front gate. You normally get post everyday of the week, why would they close it on weekends :facepalm2:

Lazy :frown: Closed one day last week as well because it was snowing where she lived apparently, was only tiny flakes here in Leics :tongue:
Original post by Tericon
Lazy :frown: Closed one day last week as well because it was snowing where she lived apparently, was only tiny flakes here in Leics :tongue:

And here I was waiting for my package to come today, well there's no point now. :sigh:
Reply 806
Original post by The Cornerstone
And here I was waiting for my package to come today, well there's no point now. :sigh:

:console:
:frown: So annoying.

I don't really see the point of all the Halls in Oadby having this one tiny Post Room with 2 people (wo)manning it for everyone to converge upon in the masses, in limited time periods each day, only 5 days a week. :s-smilie: Whose funny (read: silly) idea was that? :s-smilie: I preferred it better when everyone went to their respective Hall's receptions as the queues were not as ridiculously long and at least those queueing were in the warm, inside the building.
(edited 12 years ago)
Where is the post room now then?

Seemed much better back in the day of going to your halls reception as Elements said.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Where is the post room now then?

Seemed much better back in the day of going to your halls reception as Elements said.

In GMS hall
Reply 810
That's ridiculous, but I can't say I'm surprised the uni are cutting yet more corners.

The one positive is that your post is always signed for, it can be a nightmare in private housing spending six hours waiting in the front room to avoid a 30+ minute walk in the cold to collect your parcel. Or have to arrange redelivery if you are subjected to Yodel!
Reply 811
I'm going to a Course Rep lunch next week with the Vice-Chancellor, anyone got any complaints/comments they want passed on? I haven't had much feedback so far but I know people have issues they would like raised, so feel free to tell me!
Original post by SpamBa
I'm going to a Course Rep lunch next week with the Vice-Chancellor, anyone got any complaints/comments they want passed on? I haven't had much feedback so far but I know people have issues they would like raised, so feel free to tell me!

- Lack of PC availability during peak hours in the library
- Food way too expensive on campus, there should be like a burger bar or something on campus every day, similar to the one outside O2 Academy on night that does chips for a quid or something
- No local fast food shops near Oadby halls (but I don't think they can really do anything about this)

there's other things haha, i'll post them later
Original post by SpamBa

Apparent lack of teaching space for humanities students- one of the reasons we get told that we have fewer hours.

Lack of emphasis on how helpful going to a tutor's personal hours can be. Perhaps if more emphasis was put on this then add an hour or two there so more students could use it if need be, and they wouldn't be this drive for more teaching hours.

The astromical clock is still broken?
Reply 814
You're joking right?
(edited 12 years ago)
my friend used to do nightline and she found it great. maybe there was a different person in charge then
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi there.

I was just having a nosey around this place to see if my man (or any) from the recent sabb elections had been mentioned and hadn't planned on joining, but I really feel I should address this.

Firstly, Nightline is a non-directive listening service and a national organisation. Its whole thing is that it's not judgemental and is careful to remain neutral and not provide any advice (only giving contact details for relevant helpful services where applicable and if asked). And secondly, I know the girl who runs it quite well and while she may have seemed to you to be horrible and enjoy upsetting people, she's actually really nice and has devoted an awful lot of her life to keeping the Leicester Nightline going. I'm sorry to hear you were put off getting involved.
(edited 12 years ago)
why is the food on campus so damn expensive?
Original post by TheBlackMonster
why is the food on campus so damn expensive?

because, not content with getting 9k fees next year, they want to bleed us dry so they can put a coat of paint on the union etc *rolls eyes*
Original post by museobsessed
because, not content with getting 9k fees next year, they want to bleed us dry so they can put a coat of paint on the union etc *rolls eyes*

I know friends who go university in London and they can get food like sausage roll and chips or chicken and chips for £1.50

whereas we only get a sausage roll for £1.20 and you're still left hungry afterwards

I really want to blame the O2 academy for everything being so expensive on campus but who knows. maybe East Midlands is just generally costly anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending