The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Hey all, so by now our fate will have been decided. Today was the day that BSMS admissions board met and decided on the offers. All that remains now is the handing them out part. There are approximately 500 decisions to be given out so it may take some time. Also, note that many of the 138 places are already gone so we are all competing for a much lower # of places than 138.

good luck to all
Reply 1121
Original post by .eXe
Hey all, so by now our fate will have been decided. Today was the day that BSMS admissions board met and decided on the offers. All that remains now is the handing them out part. There are approximately 500 decisions to be given out so it may take some time. Also, note that many of the 138 places are already gone so we are all competing for a much lower # of places than 138.

good luck to all

How do you know this? If so its scary to think that our fates are resting on some stranger's desk
Reply 1122
Original post by bayer
How do you know this? If so its scary to think that our fates are resting on some stranger's desk

I was told by admissions

edit: today was the specific date given when admissions board would decide. none other. some other people were also given this information
Reply 1123
Original post by .eXe
I was told by admissions

edit: today was the specific date given when admissions board would decide. none other. some other people were also given this information

Admissions told me this too. They also said many of the replies would go out tomorrow
hi there guys, ive was interviewed on the 22nd of febuary and have just got an email saying im on a hold list, does anyone know my chances :s-smilie:
Reply 1125
Original post by thomthom24
hi there guys, ive was interviewed on the 22nd of febuary and have just got an email saying im on a hold list, does anyone know my chances :s-smilie:

hmm you missed the offer by 0.5 so it's pretty damn good, as for chances, it will really depend on what offer holders do. if a lot of them decline then chances open up for you but it's hard to comment on that because it's entirely in the hands of offer holders and we can't really speculate on what they will do. it seems tomorrow a large chuck of people will get offers so over the next new days and weeks, it will become clear to bsms how many more offers they can make, and based on that they will determine whether to offer you a spot. hope it works out. PS you're home student or intl?
Reply 1126

Hi I was interviewed on 25th Feb and have just received the same email. So gutted.
Reply 1127
Original post by Dolly_D
Hi I was interviewed on 25th Feb and have just received the same email. So gutted.

hey are you guys home or international? thanks!
Original post by .eXe
hmm you missed the offer by 0.5 so it's pretty damn good, as for chances, it will really depend on what offer holders do. if a lot of them decline then chances open up for you but it's hard to comment on that because it's entirely in the hands of offer holders and we can't really speculate on what they will do. it seems tomorrow a large chuck of people will get offers so over the next new days and weeks, it will become clear to bsms how many more offers they can make, and based on that they will determine whether to offer you a spot. hope it works out. PS you're home student or intl?

0.5?? well i was close, im sure it was because of a question they asked me on polio lol. im a home student gap year applicant and already have an offer from peninsula so im not too sad but would love an offer from bsms. thanks for the relpy and good luck with ur application :wink:
Reply 1129
I' a home student too - graduate reapplicant. Not holding offers from anywhere else.
Reply 1130
International Applicant: Just been put on the Hold List. Missed offer cutoff by 0.5 sigh.
I'm on hold too :frown:
0.5 out of what? 100?
Reply 1133
Original post by andrewpeters
I'm on hold too :frown:

are you intl mate?
Original post by .eXe
are you intl mate?

Nope home student. Had my interview on the 15th Feb.
Reply 1135
Nope home student. Had my interview on the 15th Feb.

Okay, hoping for the best for us, although I am international and I am not sure how many of us are on the hold list (hope its only 1 or 2). Mine was on Feb 11
Original post by .eXe
Okay, hoping for the best for us, although I am international and I am not sure how many of us are on the hold list (hope its only 1 or 2). Mine was on Feb 11

I would imagine many more of us are on the waiting list given that there are already 2 of us so far. Let's just hope people get offers elsewhere and withdraw their BSMS application!
Reply 1137
I would imagine many more of us are on the waiting list given that there are already 2 of us so far. Let's just hope people get offers elsewhere and withdraw their BSMS application!

Oh by 1 or 2 I meant for internationals. Since BSMS only has 10 spots for intl applicants, I am hoping that only a few of us are placed on hold so that we can have a decent chance of getting an offer later. BSMS is my first choice and this news has just made me really sad sigh
Original post by .eXe
Oh by 1 or 2 I meant for internationals. Since BSMS only has 10 spots for intl applicants, I am hoping that only a few of us are placed on hold so that we can have a decent chance of getting an offer later. BSMS is my first choice and this news has just made me really sad sigh

Ah right well in that case you're probably right. You're also probably more likely to get a place that way, BSMS also love their intl students!
Reply 1139
I've been put on HOLD! Don't know quite how to react haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending