The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazular
Ahhhh yes I seem to remember you were in the middle of a conversation with Kris (brown hair, kinda tanned, vague Swedish accent that you may or may not have picked up on) when I casually wandered over!
I loved your coat btw, I don't think I ever got around to telling you. I don't think I could ever get away with wearing it but I still appreciate its beauty!
If you do end up coming here and you find the course isn't quite for you, the PSI team are really accommodating and will definitely help you change courses if you needed/wanted :smile: Sanna Inthorn would be the woman to talk to about it.

No pressure or anything though!

Ahhh yeah, I was ranting and raving onto him about how useless Ryan Air are haha as spontaneous as that sounds! Awk thank you! Although, during the tour I was absolutely melting in that coat haha.. Awww and thank you SOOO much for your help and advice, it does put my mind at ease and I reaaalllyyy do appreciate it!! What course are you doing btw/what year are you in?? :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by DanielMartin
Can anybody tell me if there are any UEA open days this year please?

http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/visit is your friend. There aren't any til June unless you have an offer.
Original post by katwall1
Can I drive to and park at UEA?

Assuming you are not disabled this depends on the day. If you are coming for a post offer open day, then Saturday you can park on campus, Wednesday you will need to park in a carpark off campus and get the park and ride bus. All of this is on the website and if you have booked an open day should be sent to you in the post.
Reply 323
Original post by jelly1000
Assuming you are not disabled this depends on the day. If you are coming for a post offer open day, then Saturday you can park on campus, Wednesday you will need to park in a carpark off campus and get the park and ride bus. All of this is on the website and if you have booked an open day should be sent to you in the post.

I meant as in if i was a student
I meant as in if i was a student

ah no, not unless you are disabled except on move in day. besides the public transport is very good- there are buses into town every 5 minutes.
Wondering if any current student can help with this- I'm trying to claim a refund from the launderette due to the tumble dryer not starting, and I've noted down the web address but google is just telling me it cant find it. Anyone know what it is incase I have it down wrong?
Sorry it won't let me quote you but apparently the website has been down since the start of the year. Isn't there a hotline on the poster as well? (irrc) I know my friend tried to call their number once because the machine malfunctioned and they just said called security, so they seem a bit useless.
Original post by makingamemory
Sorry it won't let me quote you but apparently the website has been down since the start of the year. Isn't there a hotline on the poster as well? (irrc) I know my friend tried to call their number once because the machine malfunctioned and they just said called security, so they seem a bit useless.

ah thanks, thats a bit crap. calling security seems to be such a hassle for the sake of 50p, think i'll leave it.
Reply 328
I've seen that internships abroad, which I'd like to apply for, require you to be able to receive credit from the university you're at.

Does UEA give credit for internships that take place in the Summer holidays?

Thanks!
Reply 329
Ive applied for Japanese too there!! Had an interview this past saturday, and it seems good!! It seems more contempory than most other of the courses ive seen.. But the only thing that kinda worries me is that we would be the FIRST year todo it. But i guess everyone has to start somewhere...

Lots of useful things like translation and subbing etc, a lot more practical
Reply 330
Can I drive to and park at UEA?

You'll need to park at the Costessey park & ride, and then bus in, unless you live on a bus route ofc.

You can park in the main car park after 2pm for a £1 flat rate.
Reply 331
Original post by CamCat
Ive applied for Japanese too there!! Had an interview this past saturday, and it seems good!! It seems more contempory than most other of the courses ive seen.. But the only thing that kinda worries me is that we would be the FIRST year todo it. But i guess everyone has to start somewhere...

Lots of useful things like translation and subbing etc, a lot more practical

Oh!! I was there this Saturday too. I bet we saw each other :P

And yeah, that's what was worrying me too. We'll be the first year, and probably they'll make all the mistakes with us, but just as you said, there are lots of practical things that makes it worth it!
Reply 332
Really? i thought 2011-2012 was the first year they're offering Japanese. I've been misinformed!
Reply 333
Original post by jelly1000
ah thanks, thats a bit crap. calling security seems to be such a hassle for the sake of 50p, think i'll leave it.

Somewhere, somebody in the upper levels of UEA management is rubbing their hands together gleefully :colone:.
Original post by Nut.
Somewhere, somebody in the upper levels of UEA management is rubbing their hands together gleefully :colone:.

probally lol:colone:
I'm just trying to make sure I get all the money I can.. lol :P

So I'm doing nursing at UEA starting september 2012.
I am going to apply for the NHS bursaries and for a maintenance loan.

I was just on the UEA site here and it seems like I can get a bursary of £1000 per year if my household income is between 20-30k. My household income is about 27k so do I automatically qualify for this or is there other criteria? If I do qualify where/how do I apply?

Also.. are there any other bursaries or scholarships I can get? :P
hello everyone. i am a second year student in UEA and i am learning Japanese now. i have to say that it is a very valuable moudle. actually i am quite enjoy it, you know i am learning Japanese for the whole year. the teachers are very very nice! patient, easy-going lady. class atmosphere is good and of course we have enough activities and pratices during class. i also want to study it for next semester. if you have any questions just feel free to ask me. ^^
Looking at the rules for accommodation and it says no electronics does this include instruments eg. keyboard
What do you do if you play and want to practise if you can't have it?
Hi

I am a student ambassador at UEA and am working in the Recruitment and Outreach team today. They have asked me to answer your query as follows:

As Nursing courses are funded by the NHS, students will not be eligible for the University of East Anglia’s Bursary Scheme. However, students may be eligible for the UEA Scholarship Scheme if AAA (or equivalent) is achieved at A-level. For further details, please see http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/finance/university-financial-support

If you have any other finance queries please email [email protected]
Hi

I am a student ambassador at UEA and am working in the Recruitment and Outreach team today. They have asked me to answer your query as follows:

As Nursing courses are funded by the NHS, students will not be eligible for the University of East Anglia’s Bursary Scheme. However, students may be eligible for the UEA Scholarship Scheme if AAA (or equivalent) is achieved at A-level. For further details, please see http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/finance/university-financial-support

If you have any other finance queries please email [email protected]

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending