The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZeeBurb
I've been put on HOLD! Don't know quite how to react haha :smile:

Anything's better than a straight-out rejection :smile: How long ago did you get the email?
Original post by ZeeBurb
I've been put on HOLD! Don't know quite how to react haha :smile:

Well done for not getting rejected! I haven't heard yet, when was your interview?
Reply 1142
Original post by Kidneyjean
Anything's better than a straight-out rejection :smile: How long ago did you get the email?

Got it at 16:17!!!

Do you know if I can ring up to see how my interview score compares with other people on the hold list? :smile:
Reply 1143
Original post by SeventyEight
Well done for not getting rejected! I haven't heard yet, when was your interview?

11th of February!
Thanks! I've got an offer from manchester so I'm quite relieved I am not waiting to hear from my one last place until april haha

Manchester vs BSMS though... hmmm...
Reply 1144
yaaayy offer :biggrin: :biggrin: was interviewed on the 15th of Feb
Reply 1145
whoever gets offers/hold list can you please post whether you are home or international so we dont all ask you multiple times lol. thanks!
Original post by ZeeBurb
Got it at 16:17!!!

Do you know if I can ring up to see how my interview score compares with other people on the hold list? :smile:

Yeah it should be alright, their admissions people are so nice on the phone!
Original post by SKA222
yaaayy offer :biggrin: :biggrin: was interviewed on the 15th of Feb

nice one! did you think the interview went well when you left?
Ahhhhhhhhhhh offer am crazy happy! Makes me feel better after straight rejections from southampton and birmingham. It's my top choice :smile:
Reply 1149
Anyone who has been put on hold, the subject of my email was: Hold letter for applicants who have been interviewed in November

But my interview was in February... anyone else get a similar mistake, do I need to be worried or am I just being paranoid haha

Oh and I am not an international applicant
Reply 1150
Original post by ZeeBurb
Anyone who has been put on hold, the subject of my email was: Hold letter for applicants who have been interviewed in November

But my interview was in February... anyone else get a similar mistake, do I need to be worried or am I just being paranoid haha

Oh and I am not an international applicant

same thing for me, my interview was in feb too but subject said nov. no big deal really. i wonder how many people they are putting on wait list.

are you planning to contact them?
Reply 1151
Just got the most ledge offer! Home student, still in school, interview on feb 18th
Hi guys!

I'm an EU/home applicant and I just received my offer (IB: 38 pts; 18 at HL with 6 in Chem and 6 in Bio). I guess I was extremely lucky with my interview panel. I heard others had a terrible time being interviewed by the dean (!)

So to all of those on hold, I sincerely wish you best of luck! :smile:
who had their interview on or after the 22nd and has heard back?
Original post by SeventyEight
who had their interview on or after the 22nd and has heard back?

A someone I met at the interview (I was interviewed on the 22nd) just got an offer... this waiting is painful!
Original post by Kidneyjean
A someone I met at the interview (I was interviewed on the 22nd) just got an offer... this waiting is painful!

I'm starting to think I got rejected coz I haven't heard back..maybe they send out the rejections together??
Reply 1156
Original post by MAMDS1993
I'm starting to think I got rejected coz I haven't heard back..maybe they send out the rejections together??

you're intl right mate?

no idea butim intl and i am on the wait list :frown:

what's your ukcat score btw?
Original post by .eXe
you're intl right mate?

no idea butim intl and i am on the wait list :frown:

what's your ukcat score btw?

yepp im intl! Well, dont be too disappointed least u didnt get rejected yeah? Im not too hopeful anyway! My UKCAT was crap 607.5!

Yeah, s'what I was thinking too :s-smilie: BSMS was my top choice as well...

I'll call them first thing tomorrow and ask if all the offers have been given out.
Reply 1159
yepp im intl! Well, dont be too disappointed least u didnt get rejected yeah? Im not too hopeful anyway! My UKCAT was crap 607.5!

yeah but i've been reading some past posts about hold list and it's not looking good :frown: sigh I wish I could just go back to BSMS and show them how much I want to be there...

Hopefully we can both get in man, I am really praying for that. Keep positive, there will definitely be offers coming your way. Where else have you applied and have you interviewed/heard back from anywhere else? Is BSMS your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending