The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by Kidneyjean
Yeah, s'what I was thinking too :s-smilie: BSMS was my top choice as well...

I'll call them first thing tomorrow and ask if all the offers have been given out.

doubt it to be honest, there's no way they would give out all offers in 2 days. today was definitely an offers+hold list day but there are bound to be more coming.

you're not intl by chance are you?
Original post by .eXe
doubt it to be honest, there's no way they would give out all offers in 2 days. today was definitely an offers+hold list day but there are bound to be more coming.

you're not intl by chance are you?

Nein, home student, in y13. I really hope there are more offers to be given out!
Original post by .eXe
yeah but i've been reading some past posts about hold list and it's not looking good :frown: sigh I wish I could just go back to BSMS and show them how much I want to be there...

Hopefully we can both get in man, I am really praying for that. Keep positive, there will definitely be offers coming your way. Where else have you applied and have you interviewed/heard back from anywhere else? Is BSMS your first choice?

This is really my last resort! I applied to UEA, Birm which I didnt get interviews at was straight rejections! HYMS got an interview but didnt get an offer! So this is the only thing left! I have an offer for forensic sci at UEA, gonna decline it if I dont get in though! Ive applied to unis in the states..some ivy leagues, so we'll see!
Original post by MAMDS1993
I'm starting to think I got rejected coz I haven't heard back..maybe they send out the rejections together??

me too my interview was on the 22nd and I haven't heard yet.
Kidneyjean, don't worry if its meant to be it will be!
have there been any rejections at all?
Reply 1166
Original post by SeventyEight
have there been any rejections at all?

no, no post-interview rejections yet (at least not on TSR)
Original post by .eXe
no, no post-interview rejections yet (at least not on TSR)

Yeah thats whats leading me to believe that maybe its all rejections come together! However, last year some people got rejections before offers, I don't know if there is any correlation whatsoever! But on the brightside people got offers all the way to the 18th of march..the panel met on 14th last yr!
Reply 1168
Yeah thats whats leading me to believe that maybe its all rejections come together! However, last year some people got rejections before offers, I don't know if there is any correlation whatsoever! But on the brightside people got offers all the way to the 18th of march..the panel met on 14th last yr!

so hey all the offers were sent out in those 4 days??
that's what they said on the interview day in the presentation. everyone hears back a 'few days after' the 12th
Just got an unconditional offer through earlier today! Yaaay, 2nd time applying and finally got accepted and to bsms wooo! To people who havent heard, good luck and even if it doesn't happen for you this year, keep trying, don't give up!
hmm..maybe its in order of interview dates? I was interviewed on 25th the last day of feb!
Reply 1172
hmm..maybe its in order of interview dates? I was interviewed on 25th the last day of feb!

perhaps, but the person who posted above you interviewed on the 22nd and got an offer so it's probably just randomized
Reply 1173
Had an interview on the 29th of Feb. Got a rejection today. I am an access to Medicine student at Stafford College.
This was my last rejection! will phone for feedback tomorrow!
Anyone here is doing access received an offer? Which Access to Medicine?
Original post by bakous
Had an interview on the 29th of Feb. Got a rejection today. I am an access to Medicine student at Stafford College.
This was my last rejection! will phone for feedback tomorrow!
Anyone here is doing access received an offer? Which Access to Medicine?

Hi what time did you get the email today?
Think it does have something to do with interview dates because my interview was on the 4th feb and my offer came through yesterday
Reply 1176
i was interviewed on the 15th of feb and got my offer on track at 5 in the afternoon. good luck to all those who havent heard yet
Reply 1177
Original post by SeventyEight
nice one! did you think the interview went well when you left?

Heyy yeeh I thought it went ok, I had the dean as my interviewer and it was really sciency ! I made them laugh (at me probably), maybe that did the trick :tongue:
Original post by natashaosullivan
Think it does have something to do with interview dates because my interview was on the 4th feb and my offer came through yesterday

hmm but mine was on the 22nd and bakous's was the 29th; he's heard and I haven't. well done for getting an offer!
Reply 1179
Got my offer email at 16:49. My interview was 18th Feb.

My last one to hear back from :smile:. Now I've actually got to decide where to go :redface:

Congrats to all with offers, and good luck to those who haven't heard/on hold :smile:

Quick Reply