The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9060
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Hmm I've always wondered about placement years. You have to pay Bath £2.5k for doing what exactly? and you'd probably earn more in your real post-graduate job so D: why do it when you'll be earning less? You can gain experience during summer + holidays, why did you choose this option out of curiosity?

Sadly not, hence why I said the one I would like to go to :tongue: heard back form UCL then?

Bath has amazing contacts and the placement programme is very well established, some companies like HSBC even have dedicated places just for people on this programme, it is about getting a leg up from the university to ensure you get a decent job when you leave. The money you pay them is annoying but most placement years pay really well so it doesn't really matter.

Still waiting for UCL :|
Reply 9061
Original post by stefl14
Just to say I also got rejected from Warwick. Not really fussed because I wasn't going to go anyway but anyone who hasn't received their rejection tonight still has hope!

:woo:
Reply 9062
Original post by Tateco
Bath has amazing contacts and the placement programme is very well established, some companies like HSBC even have dedicated places just for people on this programme, it is about getting a leg up from the university to ensure you get a decent job when you leave. The money you pay them is annoying but most placement years pay really well so it doesn't really matter.

Still waiting for UCL :|

Firmed Bath, Insurance Exeter. Not bad I say.
Reply 9063
Original post by Yash13
Firmed Bath, Insurance Exeter. Not bad I say.

I know lots of people who would kill to be in that position, along as you're happy :smile:
Original post by Tateco

Loving the way UCL are still stringing us along...
Reply 9065
Original post by Tateco
I know lots of people who would kill to be in that position, along as you're happy :smile:

:biggrin: Thanks I feel less inadequate now after three rejections in a row :O
Reply 9066
Original post by 94george94
Loving the way UCL are still stringing us along...

:rolleyes: don't get me started
Reply 9067
Original post by Yash13
:biggrin: Thanks I feel less inadequate now after three rejections in a row :O

Shame we all had to pick the most competitive subject, you should be happy with what you've achieved :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Shame we all had to pick the most competitive subject, you should be happy with what you've achieved :smile:

Medicine is more competitive?

:fuhrer: yeah, don't you just envy hate people who have five offers

But yes definitely! there are some people who are rejected from all but one o.O
Original post by Tateco
:rolleyes: don't get me started

I feel like UCL's whore, I keep coming back to it but it's showing me no love.
Reply 9070
Original post by Tateco

I know right! I couldn't see myself studying anything else though :smile: Thanks man, I thought I may have had a shot with Durham and Warwick but maybe not. I hope you get what you want :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Warwick still haven't replied to me, what is taking them so long :frown:
Reply 9072
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Medicine is more competitive?

:fuhrer: yeah, don't you just envy hate people who have five offers

But yes definitely! there are some people who are rejected from all but one o.O

Medicine is skewed because so few places offer it :wink:

LOL
Reply 9073
Offer from durham and warwick. please help me ... i don't know which one to go to.
Reply 9074
Original post by bonana567
Warwick still haven't replied to me, what is taking them so long :frown:

same, I have 4/5 replies but they're taking forever, it's frustrating :angry:. where else did you apply?
Original post by Jsalgado
same, I have 4/5 replies but they're taking forever, it's frustrating :angry:. where else did you apply?

Cambridge, Nottingham, Leeds and Sheffield. Cambridge rejected me post-interview and I have an offer from the other 3. Nottingham gave me a nice offer of AABB which kind of voids my offers from Leeds and Sheffield. Really want Warwick but having said that I'm glad I got Nottingham :smile:
Original post by alicatee
Offer from durham and warwick. please help me ... i don't know which one to go to.

Old but http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1942364

:lol: already repped your other post.

You know what strikes me, so many of us are Oxbridge rejects :five: :h:
How does soas economics Compare to ucl or lse? I am starting in september. Also is it possible to do a floater course at another university of london uni?
Reply 9078
Original post by Joeyy1181
How does soas economics Compare to ucl or lse? I am starting in september. Also is it possible to do a floater course at another university of london uni?

It doesn't really.. And what do you mean by that?
Original post by Tateco
It doesn't really.. And what do you mean by that?

You know how soas is part of the university of london like ucl, kings and etc, apparently you can go to specific lectures/classes at the other UOL unis. I heard this at the open day :s-smilie:.

Latest

Trending

Trending