The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Willum Infanta
The way you worded that with the "I was in a long distance relationship for 2.5 years that ended only last August." made me think :zomg: But only realised til after reading it you meant end of the long distance :h:

My longest college day tomorrow, get that out the way and then it's a breeze before I'm with kt :love:

KERMIT :heart:
Original post by Willum Infanta
The way you worded that with the "I was in a long distance relationship for 2.5 years that ended only last August." made me think :zomg: But only realised til after reading it you meant end of the long distance :h:

hahaha yes that's what I meant :smile:
Reply 7402
Original post by strawberry
hahaha yes that's what I meant :smile:

I have to agree that we need to focus on the positives as well. If people want another success story Angelil was a regular poster who did England to France for 3.5 years until she moved over there and they got married last year, they do work and there are as many success stories as those which fail but unfortunately those seem to get lost or don't seem to to turn to these threads as much.

I have been with my bf 5 years next week, 3.5 yrs long distance including international distance and we are still very much going strong. LDRs do work, they are hard but they are doable and worth it in the end, can't wait till next year when we don't have to deal with distance anymore. :smile:
Reply 7403
This is already such a hard week. :frown:
We haven't had a proper conversation in so long, and I miss him so much it physically hurts. Which if I hadn't felt it myself, I'd say was pathetic. :/
Original post by simpson878
me and my boyfriend of 2 years, are getting awkward in our relationship. We r in LDR but not so much as the last year, even through all our awkwardness i still feel the same way about him , i get butterflys in my tummy when he texts/calls or i am gonna see him, even when i am with i feel the connection there but he said there isnt. but still is, When i phone him he talks bluntly and like he doesnt want to talk.Even when we meet it just isnt the same as it was a year ago. I confronted him about it and he just says it is complicated and we doesnt know why. We suggested a break, even though i dont want one, but i dont know how this has got to this stage. He kissed a girl last year, but then told me straight after. I dunno why it has got like this, i love him, and do not want to lose him. But also he has lots of friends who are girls who he adds on his phone, and constantly on his phone.He also is still talks to his ex, but when we argue his ex comes up in the conersation and he says he loves her and me, i dont want to break up with him , i took him back after the girl i know he still loves me, he tells me, buys me gifts so i dont understand. so i dunno what this means please someone help
the first two years was amazing, but thn this last year has gone downhill, he puts me down in things i do but when i confront him he says i dont :/ my parents/family/friends say to dump him but i dnt want to or dont want him to :frown: plz help me

Oh honey.......

Im sory sweetie but i know from experiance what being on the phone means Has he also become secretive with it? Never letting it out of his sight for a minute? Those are very strong indicators

I really think you need to bring these worries you have out. Talk to him, see of he admits anything. I know you dont want to break up with someone you love but if hes cheating on you (again) you deserve better than to be treated like that.

Original post by AllWasWell
Hey :smile: My boyfriend is coming to see me soon (very excited!!!) but I haven't got anything planned - any advice or suggestions as for things to do? I want to make the most of my time with him. Also, I'll only be able to go out in the afternoons/evenings due to work/lectures.

Cinema, theatre, a walk, bowling, iceskating, or just sitting in and watching a movie.

Original post by Anonymous

I don't know if he's a good guy who just made a mistake, or if he's a lying bastard who's stringing me along.

How long have you been going out? If you know hiom well that should give you the answer you need.

Just to make you guys feel a little more hope for long distance relationships :smile:

I was in a long distance relationship for 2.5 years that ended only last August. We lived about an hour's drive away from each other, and only saw each other every other week ... if I didn't have stuff going on with school. When I got my job offer, I moved even further away from him - a 4 hour drive - and was prepared to not be able to see him for months at a time :frown: He managed to find a job where I was, and moved up to be with me a mere month after I moved.

We now live together, and will be getting married soon.
HAVE FAITH!! <3 :smile:

Oh dammit strawberry thats great news, congrats

Original post by HeatherM
We haven't had a proper conversation in so long, and I miss him so much it physically hurts. Which if I hadn't felt it myself, I'd say was pathetic. :/

Its not pathetic at all, more than one person has felt that
well shes been here three days now, she came on Saturday and shes here to sunday, and those three days have gone so fast. Im at work today and tomorrow and really wish i wasnt.

Cant believe how crazy i am about her. I just want to be with her all the time, to feel her next to me........and well the rest is obvious. Oh the L words have been exchanged several times this weekend :biggrin:
Original post by silverbolt
Oh dammit strawberry thats great news, congrats

Congratulations! Best of luck with the prep for the wedding! :biggrin:

You have a date set yet?

btw how did he find out your ring size (not that im looking for ideas or anything :biggrin: )
Friiiiday :daydreaming: getting excited already. :redface:

It's not pathetic at all :hugs: is it possible for you to skype with him or anything like that? Imo, it's definitely the best way of having a properly nice chat :smile: hope you feel better soon!
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm back in the UK for two weeks seeing my boyfriend and I should be happy but I'm not...

We had a huge fall out a few weeks before I came home, because I found some messages he sent to his ex that were really hurtful and inappropriate. I told him last year already that I didn't like the way he acted with his ex, and I gave him very clear boundaries. I was so hurt and upset by what he said in those messages that I dumped him, but after a week of not speaking, we decided we'd come too far not to give it a go, and he was really sorry and sent me flowers and promised he would never hurt me again. He said he's cut off his ex now and never wants to speak to her again.

Except now I just feel deeply unhappy. He took me away to an expensive hotel for a weekend, and it really was nice, and I had fun. But I'm so confused, on the one hand I love him and I want to make this right, but on the other hand, I'm still hurt and I can't forgive him. I feel like an idiot for taking him back, and I've told him this. I've been crying all the time. I go back abroad for another 5 months next week. What should I do?

I don't know if he's a good guy who just made a mistake, or if he's a lying bastard who's stringing me along.

Just reposting for some advice...? :frown:
Reply 7411

Only you untimately can make the decision as to whether you can fix the relationship however if you feel that you wont be able to forgive him then ultimately the relationship is over unless you can and unless you are able to begin to rebuild the trust he has broken again. if you choose to make it work it wont be easy but only you can decide if it can happen (sorry thats not much help).
I miss him already :cry2: We had 4 days of snuggles :h: but now I'm back to work and no more snuggles :frown:
Original post by Sazzy890
I miss him already :cry2: We had 4 days of snuggles :h: but now I'm back to work and no more snuggles :frown:

:console: thats sucky! :hugs:

Snuggles?! Where?! I want some :smile:!
Keep thinking of the happy times and I hope your next visit comes around soon...
Only 10 sleeps for me..
Less than 3 months until I'm back with my husband (where not actually married yet but we've given each other 'the title') :-)
Reply 7416
Damn, have been looking forward to mid April since mid february. Now he has exams then... I'll maybe see him end of May. :frown:

check my post above, i did offer some advice. We dont know him to give the answer of whether hes stringing you along

Oh Sazzy, :hugs: i hope you get a reunion soon.

Well her vist is halfway through, im at work tomorrow and have only got till Sunday, cant beleive how fast its gone, its really not fair - but just need to make the most of it (and and we have done that for shizzle dawg :biggrin: )
:hugs: for everyone who is sad!

Missing him loaaads now :sad: but only 2 more sleeps :mmm:

Original post by silverbolt
Well her vist is halfway through, im at work tomorrow and have only got till Sunday, cant beleive how fast its gone, its really not fair - but just need to make the most of it (and and we have done that for shizzle dawg :biggrin: )

We'll both be all sad on Sunday evening then! :tongue: but glad to hear you've had a good time :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Only 29 days left...

Damn, have been looking forward to mid April since mid february. Now he has exams then... I'll maybe see him end of May. :frown:

I know the feeling so so much :frown: :hugs:

Latest

Trending

Trending