Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not scared of blood.. But why does this happen Watch

Bit of a weird one, but i'm gonna put this on here incase anyone has the same thing..

I'm not scared of blood, its not something that I am fearful of, but when I get a cut, no matter how small it is, a few minutes later I will feel my heart racing, light headed and sometimes feel sick and will need to chill out for 10 minutes or so.

I rarely do get cuts and stuff, maybe only a couple of times a year. I find it really weird and I would like to know if anyone has the same thing?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I get this too, i never used to think i hated blood and the idea certainly doesn't disturb me when i think about it.
    But a few months ago i went to give blood, and felt faint straight away. Thought that it was just cuz i was too light so i thought nothing of it.
    I then got my belly button pierced, and anyone who's had it done knows that they usually bleed a lot. Took my plaster off, saw the blood any nearly passed out, took a good 15 mins to pass haha.
    I think maybe we just get more bothered about it than we realise!!

ReputationRep:
    The weirdest thing is that the last two times when i have had to go for a blood test i have fainted without even looking at the blood or the needle and i have no idea why. Its not the blood im scared of so i don't know why it happens. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellelouise)
    I get this too, i never used to think i hated blood and the idea certainly doesn't disturb me when i think about it.
    But a few months ago i went to give blood, and felt faint straight away. Thought that it was just cuz i was too light so i thought nothing of it.
    I then got my belly button pierced, and anyone who's had it done knows that they usually bleed a lot. Took my plaster off, saw the blood any nearly passed out, took a good 15 mins to pass haha.
    I've never heard of people's navel piercings bleeding a lot :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    I've never heard of people's navel piercings bleeding a lot :confused:
    It depends on the person and how much you usually bleed when you get a cut i think

ReputationRep:
    why do you say you arent scared of blood?
    maybe you are fine with blood in a sterile way (as in, in a test tube out of context). Seeing a human bleedy, either you or another, is entirely different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellelouise)
    That's strange, I gave blood a few years ago and near the end I very nearly passed out, and thinking about it, I never used to get this faint feeling when I have a cut before I gave blood. Maybe it was that what set it off, hmm confusing!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.