The Student Room Group

I hate students/student culture!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lmao, had to double-check the word "neggers" there
Reply 21
Original post by MancBoy

Just because you're a posh student doesn't mean you can do whatever you please. Shouting and screaming at 4am when there are people trying the sleep! Stop littering everywhere with your kebabs and empty WKD bottles (lol). Stop swearing in from of kids on the bus and talking about rape thinking its funny. Seriously you would hate it if I did that in your own city on your mum's street.

I agree entirely...sometimes i wish i was a vampire (influenced by Being Human) so i could kill them at will when they wake me up at 4am shouting 'drink drink drink'.
Reply 22
Most of those things are middle class traits. Especially the "every man can be a mandela" tripe.
Original post by Jackso
The hardcore way you put down people for drinking a certain type of alcohol despite not even being the legal drinking age yourself.

But I had a valid point! And how is me being 4 months off 18 even relevant to this?
Original post by X_mark_the_spot
Lol, this reminds me of KONY 2012, when for one splendid week, every goon on Facebook was suddenly vying humanitarian of the year. Get a grip people, you are not Nelson Mandela or mother Theresa
Come at me neggers :colonhash:

How does this remind you of Kony and why is it bad to want to do something useful for the humanity? And how can you even write **** like that?

Bitch, please....
The OP seemed to pick on really really specific things. While missing some of the biggest issues.

For example.

MAKING BINGE DRINKING SEEM COOL AND ACCEPTABLE! My friend ordered a vodka and coke, and I ordered just a coke (same size) on its own. Guess which was cheaper? THE ONE WITH VODKA! It doesn't even make economic SENSE. Do uni bars have no morals?!?!

Worst. Part. Of. Student. Culture. Ever.

But what do I know, I'm a teetotal vegetarian. I'm probably classed as a hippy or something.

....Peace and love. :hippie:
Reply 26
Original post by sammy-lou
But I had a valid point! And how is me being 4 months off 18 even relevant to this?

Er, no you didn't. And it's relevant because your post was a judgement on what kind of alcohol people drink wheras you can't even drink legally yet. I just found that very unusual and gave the impression of a young kid trying to play grown-up.
Original post by Pearl Lake
You support Man U; your argument is invalid.

Agreed. After working the away section at Arsenal during the Man U game, I'm pretty sure there isnt such thing as an educated Man U supporter.
Reply 28
If you see anybody here with more than 2 gems red of green and their Profile is above respected member, then they do not fit your discription, TSR is an outlet for the outcasts! (generalisation)
Original post by Jackso
Er, no you didn't. And it's relevant because your post was a judgement on what kind of alcohol people drink wheras you can't even drink legally yet. I just found that very unusual and gave the impression of a young kid trying to play grown-up.

I don't think so.

Saying someone who can't drink legally can't have an opinion on alcohol is like saying someone without a driving license can't have an opinion on cars. Which yes, makes sense - until you realise that not everyone follows the law, and the internet exists. People can read about things and make opinions without needing to experience it.

Also, you're wrong anyway. It is legal for him to drink. Just not buy the drink. :wink:

There is NO legal limit on the age you can drink alcohol at home. But obviously, common sense and child protection comes into it, etc, etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
People using the word "spaz" annoy me much more than students, however drunk and immature.

WKD tastes horrible anyway.
Reply 31
Original post by PhoenixReborn
I don't think so.

Saying someone who can't drink legally can't have an opinion on alcohol is like saying someone without a driving license can't have an opinion on cars. Which yes, makes sense - until you realise that not everyone follows the law, and the internet exists. People can read about things and make opinions without needing to experience it.

Also, you're wrong anyway. It is legal for him to drink. Just not buy the drink. :wink:

There is NO legal limit on the age you can drink alcohol at home. But obviously, common sense and child protection comes into it, etc, etc.
True, I suppose. I just found the post quite annoying even though I never actually drink myself. And you knew what I meant! :tongue: Think it's a her, though.
So which uni rejected you?
The OP seemed to pick on really really specific things. While missing some of the biggest issues.

For example.

MAKING BINGE DRINKING SEEM COOL AND ACCEPTABLE! My friend ordered a vodka and coke, and I ordered just a coke (same size) on its own. Guess which was cheaper? THE ONE WITH VODKA! It doesn't even make economic SENSE. Do uni bars have no morals?!?!

Worst. Part. Of. Student. Culture. Ever.

But what do I know, I'm a teetotal vegetarian. I'm probably classed as a hippy or something.

....Peace and love. :hippie:

PRSOM :frown:
Original post by Jackso
True, I suppose. I just found the post quite annoying even though I never actually drink myself. And you knew what I meant! :tongue: Think it's a her, though.

I did, I just like to make conversation.

And oh my apologies to the OP. Miss OP.
Original post by Jackso

Original post by Jackso

Point taken, although I really don't think my age is relevant to my opinion at all. Wasn't meant maliciously obviously, just an observation. And yes, it's a her :smile:
Original post by such_a_lady
PRSOM :frown:

What does that mean?
Reply 37
For a start, not all students are like that and I see it as no business of yours if they do want to act in that way. Its their choice.
i hate whiney little .....
What does that mean?

Please Rate Some Other Member :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending