The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by TomDixie
Got on the Fast Stream. NGDP looks like a fantastic scheme though, I would've been all over it if I hadn't just got the good news! Good luck :smile:

I reckon Central Government will have a fair bit of grief anyway mate :biggrin:

I agree. From what I've seen recently it's even worse! :biggrin:
Just checked my emails to find out I've been invited to the first assessment centre. I'm also waiting to hear back from the Civil Service Fast Stream too...didn't check my emails or anything yesterday as I couldn't bear to get any heartbreaking news on my birthday, wish I had now, though, as I'm really pleased to be through to the next round on this one. Anyone had any emails giving any further information yet?
Reply 282
Original post by comeluckyapril
Just checked my emails to find out I've been invited to the first assessment centre. I'm also waiting to hear back from the Civil Service Fast Stream too...didn't check my emails or anything yesterday as I couldn't bear to get any heartbreaking news on my birthday, wish I had now, though, as I'm really pleased to be through to the next round on this one. Anyone had any emails giving any further information yet?

No, I don't think they've sent round the precise information regarding the AC and dates yet :smile:
I was rejected yesterday. I have another job offer so I would have withdrawn from this one if I had got through. It's a little disappointing that they didn't want me but at least means I'm not having second thoughts about my existing offer which I'm really happy with.
Reply 284
Does anyone know to what extent you can choose which local government to work in?
Reply 285
Original post by reb90
Does anyone know to what extent you can choose which local government to work in?

You can rank choices but ultimately it's not really up to you (most would be happy to get an interview with any local authority!) and they do state that they expect flexibility from the candidates...
Reply 286
Original post by GdotL
You can rank choices but ultimately it's not really up to you (most would be happy to get an interview with any local authority!) and they do state that they expect flexibility from the candidates...

Thanks, you're really helpful!
Reply 287
Original post by AP1989
Thanks, you're really helpful!

Lol, I'm sure you know a lot more about this than I do!
Reply 288
Original post by GdotL

Thanks, when you say rank choices do you mean in the broader sense such as area of the country or specific councils?
Reply 289
Original post by reb90
Thanks, when you say rank choices do you mean in the broader sense such as area of the country or specific councils?

I was under the impression it's specific as they're all completely individual :smile:
I've got through to an Assessment Centre too!
Although no email yet on location/times so fingers crossed its not far.

Which local authorities are you all hoping for?

[Sorry for 21 questions!] But can anyone else access the NGDP website? It doesn't load for me!

Good Luck Everyone!
Original post by GdotL
I was under the impression it's specific as they're all completely individual :smile:

Unless it has changed from last year you rank regions rather than councils - since not all councils will have yet decided whether to participate in the scheme this year.
My regional preferences will be London, then the North West, then Yorkshire. That's assuming that we'll be able to choose three, as I have with other graduate schemes, and if I even get far enough to select preferences in the first place!
Hi, I'm new to this thread, had a telephone call today saying I've made it through to 2nd stage and to confirm my email address (apparently been a problem sending emails to it). Does anyone know if there's anywhere we can log on and look at our application or our progress? I can't see anywhere on the website.
Reply 294
There is nothing like that as far as I know...I'm guessing everything will be done via phone/email. I've had no more information regarding AC though.
Cheers :smile: I'm getting a tad worried, because I've still not received any emails yet even though I confirmed my email address yesterday and again today. I've sent an email to the address on the contact us part of the website and given them an alternative email address they can use to contact me (I don't want to keep phoning them in case they get annoyed!), so hopefully I'll get my emails soon.
Reply 296
I emailed them on that address and got a reply within 24 hours so I'm sure you'll be fine with that. I'm sure you'll see on here when people next get information, I imagine it'll be a bit of time yet!
Reply 297
Last year we were able to choose 3 regional preferences. It purely depends on competition and which councils are participating. There is no section on the website to look at your application...there was last year. I'd phone them really...they should expect phone calls for a Grad Scheme. I know deferrals go straight to the interview stage anyway.
Anyone else still waiting on details of locations/dates for ACs?
Original post by Aphrodite007
Anyone else still waiting on details of locations/dates for ACs?

Yep. Haven't heard anything since the email saying I'd got through to the next round.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending