The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl law offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Yo, I still haven't heard yet, got predictions A*AB, but the A is looking to go up to an A* due to full UMS in Jan module (that being longer, harder, and more point worthy than the June paper I'm going to sit), what should I do? Should I contact them and tell them that, or wait it out?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Laskar15
When you get an unconditional offer i thought u have to firm it?

Well I have unconditional offers from UCL, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter and UEA. Can't firm them all! :P At least it will open up some places in clearing maybe (unless they've given out more offers than they have places. Anyone looking for a LAw/French course take heed.

And everybody else, don't despair, I got AAB at A2, 27 in the LNAT and put together a good reference and statement. If its any interest I got AABB at AS as well. Also, this process has taught me that UCL isn't the be all and end all, and there are plenty of other good places out there! Happy life! :biggrin:
Original post by akyline-abe
Yo, I still haven't heard yet, got predictions A*AB, but the A is looking to go up to an A* due to full UMS in Jan module (that being longer, harder, and more point worthy than the June paper I'm going to sit), what should I do? Should I contact them and tell them that, or wait it out?

Can't hurt to let them know your change in circumstances. Maybe ask your tutor/teacher/referee to do an email with your UCAS number on it, send it in, follow up with a phone call 2 days later.
Yep same as you after the open day i am loving QM but it may all change if UCL give me an offer but they are really taking the piss :/

Yeaa I absolutely loved QMUL's open day, even if it was raining haha :tongue:
I'm gonna wait and see how the SOAS open day goes and then decide. But yeahh I agree, if they give me an offer they'd be my firm 100% but they're really starting to piss me off now, it's been monthss! & the deadline's nearly here as well
I am losing the will to live with UCL. It will have been 5 months of waiting in a couple of days. Do they really need almost half a year to make these decisions!?
Hi guys!

I received an AAA offer for straight Law last Wednesday, so I thought I'd give you my details so you can compare and weigh up your respective chances.

GCSEs: 8As 3A* 1B

AS: Government & Politics (A) English Lit (A) Geography (B) French (C)

Predicted: G&P (A) Eng Lit (A) Geog (A)

UCAS sent: 29th November

Offer: 8th March

Anything else, let me know. Good luck!
Reply 306
Original post by whatever_x
Yeaa I absolutely loved QMUL's open day, even if it was raining haha :tongue:
I'm gonna wait and see how the SOAS open day goes and then decide. But yeahh I agree, if they give me an offer they'd be my firm 100% but they're really starting to piss me off now, it's been monthss! & the deadline's nearly here as well

ooohh it was raining! we were at the same open day lool...i'll see you at soas too! lol
Reply 307
Hi guys

Got a conditional offer (AAA and a pass in a fourth subject at AS) for straight law on Thursday after waiting for nearly 5 months!!

It came as a relief and I can't say how ecstatic I am :smile:

Scored A*A*A* at A level and aa at AS.

Hope this helps and good luck to those of you still waiting for an offer :smile:
Hi everyone.
Just got a conditional offer. Cannot believe it. I've waited so long and had convinced myself I would be rejected! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I got AABC at AS and 23 on the LNAT by the way, so don't give up hope those of you with less than perfect scores.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 309
Original post by Borderline
Hi everyone.
Just got a conditional offer. Cannot believe it. I've waited so long and had convinced myself I would be rejected! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I got AABC at AS and 23 on the LNAT by the way, so don't give up hope those of you with less than perfect scores.

Congratulations!! :smile:
Same about the less than perfect scores, I did the IB and got 37 points, their requirement is 38 - and they still gave me an unconditional :biggrin: I seriously spent a whole weekend wondering if they hadn't just clicked the wrong button on my UCAS file.
I seriously disagree with all the people saying "UCL want blood" - it seems to me that they just place a bigger emphasis on the LNAT essay/personal statement/reference, than they do on perfect grades. Which I think is awesome, as not everyone is fully mature at 16-17, and the AS results etc. don't tell the whole story.
Anyway, congrats on the offer, hope to see you there next year! I see you have Kerouac as your profile picture, which makes me instantly like you.
Reply 310
For furture reference as I am sure 2013 applicants will be stalking this page:

Unconditional offer today :smile:

I am a mature student and got 81% on the CertHe Legal Method last year. I also have A-levels and GCSE's from 6 and 8 years ago respectively. 21 on the LNAT.

Applied 14th October.

I encourage all Birkbeck students on the Legal Method course to give UCL a go even if it seems daunting. You never know :smile:
Original post by Pavlina
Congratulations!! :smile:
Same about the less than perfect scores, I did the IB and got 37 points, their requirement is 38 - and they still gave me an unconditional :biggrin: I seriously spent a whole weekend wondering if they hadn't just clicked the wrong button on my UCAS file.
I seriously disagree with all the people saying "UCL want blood" - it seems to me that they just place a bigger emphasis on the LNAT essay/personal statement/reference, than they do on perfect grades. Which I think is awesome, as not everyone is fully mature at 16-17, and the AS results etc. don't tell the whole story.
Anyway, congrats on the offer, hope to see you there next year! I see you have Kerouac as your profile picture, which makes me instantly like you.

Haha, congratulations to you too! And yeah, I found a UCL Law guide for the admissions tutors which specifies all the things they look for, and they state an LNAT in the mid 20s, with no cut-off point (I think they put it on the Internet accidentally).
See you in September (as long as I get the grades :wink:)
Reply 312
Got a conditional offer today :biggrin:
Has anyone who applied for the Law with Another Legal System course heard back from them yet? Honestly, at this point, even if its a rejection, I'd really like to know what their decision is so I can confirm another uni and be able to apply for accommodation >.<
I'm still waiting to hear from UCL, even though I absolutely failed my LNAT miserably (13). My essay was "good" by Oxford standards. Perhaps they do weigh the essays!

Predicted: A*A*AA
GCSE: 4A* 8A 1B

Hope this helps for 2013 applications! LNAT is not the be all, end all! :smile:
Reply 315
got rejected :frown: due to my academic profile and LNAT score. Oh well, at least now i know where i want to go for definite
Original post by sasha165
got rejected :frown: due to my academic profile and LNAT score. Oh well, at least now i know where i want to go for definite

My condolences, it is truly UCL's loss.

Where are you going? Just out of interest.
Reply 317
Original post by sasha165

did you ask for the reasons or did you get emailed :frown:
Rejection from UCL last friday :tongue:

ooohh it was raining! we were at the same open day lool...i'll see you at soas too! lol

LOL omg we wereee, I probably did see youuu :tongue:
haha, sure thinggg!
Reply 319
Just got my conditional! I did not expect that after two rejections elsewhere :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending