The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5060
Original post by Nut.
Why is nobody else awake when I am? :nooo:

I'm awake. Currently feeling rather annoyed cos I only managed 2 1/2 hours sleep before waking up and am now a bit agitated and jumpy.
Reply 5061
Original post by Wheek
I'm awake. Currently feeling rather annoyed cos I only managed 2 1/2 hours sleep before waking up and am now a bit agitated and jumpy.

Mmm I'm agitated too.
Quite tired, but my brain's in fast forward.

I reaalllllly want one of the cans of Diet Coke sitting next to me, but I don't want the caffeine to make things worse...

D'you know why you woke up?
Reply 5062
Original post by Nut.
Mmm I'm agitated too.
Quite tired, but my brain's in fast forward.

I reaalllllly want one of the cans of Diet Coke sitting next to me, but I don't want the caffeine to make things worse...

D'you know why you woke up?

Nope but any little noises outside put me on edge so now I can't get back to sleep. I hate it when your brain is on fast forward and wont shut down for you to sleep. Did you go for a wander around in the end?

I love diet coke, but I am trying really hard to kick my caffine habit, so I am now sticking to tescos diet cream soda to get my fizzy fix.
Original post by Nut.
Why is nobody else awake when I am? :nooo:

Why do I count as nobody?:nooo:
Reply 5064
Original post by Wheek
Nope but any little noises outside put me on edge so now I can't get back to sleep. I hate it when your brain is on fast forward and wont shut down for you to sleep. Did you go for a wander around in the end?

I love diet coke, but I am trying really hard to kick my caffine habit, so I am now sticking to tescos diet cream soda to get my fizzy fix.

Nah cba to actually go out in the end. I find it a bit creepy walking around in the early hours, and as it's a Friday night I thought I might get a bit of abuse that I'm really not in the mood for.

7up Zero is good as a caffeine free fix too, that's what I usually drink after 6pm but I may already finished it all for tonight. :tongue:

Original post by laut_biru
Why do I count as nobody?:nooo:

You weren't on DepSoc! (or counting :mad:) :colone:
Reply 5065
Original post by Nut.
Nah cba to actually go out in the end. I find it a bit creepy walking around in the early hours, and as it's a Friday night I thought I might get a bit of abuse that I'm really not in the mood for.

7up Zero is good as a caffeine free fix too, that's what I usually drink after 6pm but I may already finished it all for tonight. :tongue:

I'd forgotten about it being Friday night - I wonder if it was people returning from the pub that woke me up. Can see why you would stay in, don't think I would fancy wandering around on a Friday night either.

I like 7up too, but tesco's own brand stuff is cheaper and we are trying to save money to have the guttering replaced (my life is so exciting!)
Reply 5066
Original post by Wheek
I'd forgotten about it being Friday night - I wonder if it was people returning from the pub that woke me up. Can see why you would stay in, don't think I would fancy wandering around on a Friday night either.

I like 7up too, but tesco's own brand stuff is cheaper and we are trying to save money to have the guttering replaced (my life is so exciting!)

Haha no that's a fair enough reason :tongue:.

I gave in and had the coke... definitely won't sleep now. D'oh!
Reply 5067
Original post by Nut.
Haha no that's a fair enough reason :tongue:.

I gave in and had the coke... definitely won't sleep now. D'oh!

Oops! Coke is hard to resist though, especially when its right there next to you.

My laptop has just over heated and turned itself off so I think that its probably a good point for me to see if I can get back to sleep and let it cool down for a bit.
Reply 5068
Original post by Wheek
Oops! Coke is hard to resist though, especially when its right there next to you.

My laptop has just over heated and turned itself off so I think that its probably a good point for me to see if I can get back to sleep and let it cool down for a bit.

Yeah sounds like it.

I can hear birds singing already outside my window... :lolwut: They'd better not keep me awake!
Are there any anti depressants which don't affect sex drive? I love my boyfriend and I don't want our relationship to change.
Reply 5070
Awaaaaaaake. Still. Huff. >:frown: boyfriend has just gone home as he can't sleep either. Perhaps it's catching. Had quite a good day, now I feel somewhat crap again. Meh.
Reply 5071
Woke up about an hour ago after going to sleep at 9.

Suddenly started feeling crap and how I'm the unluckiest person ever who has never been to a "proper" party (one where there is alcohol :biggrin:) and never had a girlfriend. There is no one that really loves me :sad:. I'm going to die single :sadnod: :cry2:
Original post by Anonymous
I wish I could stop being to selfish and appreciate what I have.

My step-dad just came up to my room, asked me if I am OK and hugged me. He asked me if I needed any money towards getting my mum a mother's day gift and was just generally trying to make conversation. I can't understand why I hate him so much and make my body go stiff whenever he hugs me.
There was one incident when he did something to me which scared me a bit but it was my own fault. :/

You're not being selfish, it's not your fault what you're going through. :console:

That's nice of him, but what he did before was competely inappropiate and not in away your fault, your feelings are perfectly justified. :hugs:
Good luck for Tuesday, know it must be really scary but hopefully it will be helpful. :hugs:
Original post by Nut.
:hugs: Sorry to hear that you're struggling. They'd most likely be willing to let you do that if you feel you need to.
You could ask them just to see how it goes. That's what I'm doing at the moment. Basically meeting in the DoS office once a week to reassess whether or not I need to intercalate, or if I'm able to do a bit of work.

But then I've only got a few months to go... I just hate how much it's affecting my grades. I'm getting okay grades but if I could actually get out of bed then they'd be so much better. Pretty sure work hate me right now too - I keep calling in sick because of the side effects. It sounds like your uni are being supportive, hopefully mine will be too...

Original post by superwolf

:hugs: I've always found Manchester to be really good concerning my mental health problems, so hopefully you'll find the same too. Keeping in close touch with the uni is definitely a good idea - are you registered with the DSO as well?

I'm constantly switching between uni being one of the most important things in my life, and wanting to leave and never return - remember that Easter's really close now, and if you can just keep going til then (it's not too hard to get extensions for essays if you need them) then you should get a bit of a breather afterwards.

I'm glad to hear that they're good about it, my academic adviser and the guy in charge of my degree sort of thing have been helpful so far. I'm not registered with the DSO, no. I was meant to go and see them last year but I chickened out.

But I have my long essay due in just after the Easter break. That thing is giving me panic attacks and stops me sleeping... Can't wait for the dissertation next year(!)
Has anybody on this thread ever taken Paroxetine? I was prescribed it for major depression and anxiety (heart beating fast too often). It got me through a couple of months of particular hard work recently (my mum is schizophrenic and I was having a hard time caring for her, applying to UCAS and keeping myself afloat financially) then after 2 or 3 months I wittled them down to half pills and came off. They got me through but I just became really numb emotionally and I didn't want it to last forever! Now I still get down days, the worst thing is when I feel physically like I can't do anything because I have a mental barrier. I hope anybody else with depression is finding ways through it. I study art so I try and use it as an outlet to vent my troubles. And I just really personally dislike counselling, I've tried it a couple of times in the past but I've never had any good experiences, it's all very well having a sympathetic ear and somebody telling you your situation has been really unfair but it doesn't change anything for me. I prefer practical things to alleviate the depression, that said counseling can be extremely good for some and very much depends on the counsellor you get.
(edited 12 years ago)
Going to probably spend half my day in A&E today waiting to get my stitches out. Just went out to buy a mother's day present and I had a horrible panic attack in the shop.
Reply 5076
Original post by 35mm_
Going to probably spend half my day in A&E today waiting to get my stitches out. Just went out to buy a mother's day present and I had a horrible panic attack in the shop.

I know the feeling with panic attacks.... touch wood I havent had one for a few weeks now. How are you feeling now?
Reply 5077
exams make me depressed :frown:
Original post by warp2125
I know the feeling with panic attacks.... touch wood I havent had one for a few weeks now. How are you feeling now?

Still pretty shaky. The lady in the shop had to sit me down for a bit until I calmed down. :ashamed:
Original post by Sabertooth
Good luck with that, let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll be fine, just be confident and relaxed. :smile:

Original post by avhhs
Good luck and have fun! :hugs:

Went well! Made some food, watched a film, got ridiculously high and sat for 3 hours crying with laughter at rubbish jokes. Not feeling any attraction but it was a good evening.
Dunno why I was so nervous :h:

Latest