The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by themancunian
You still do RE?

every school has to do RE,it is compulsory-not necessarily a GCSE though.
Original post by Dalek1099

That's not true. I don't do R.E. in any form. You only have to do it until year 9.

I am in year 10 and doing English Bacc. probably why I do not do RE
Too...much...Minecraft :colonhash:
I am in year 10 and doing English Bacc. probably why I do not do RE

I do English Bacc and RE:confused:

Original post by bookworm1997
That's not true. I don't do R.E. in any form. You only have to do it until year 9.

"Under the law, state schools must teach the subject to under-16s, regardless of whether they are studying religion for a GCSE."

"RE remains a vital part of the school curriculum that's why it remains compulsory for every student up to 16. It's down to schools to judge how it is taught and how it fits into wider school life."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/jun/24/schools-not-teaching-religious-studies

Your school might be breaking the law.
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Been invited on a schooltrip to Oxford University. Get to stay in the halls for 3 days ! :biggrin:

That's awesome :biggrin: When is it?

Original post by MangoFreak
Too...much...Minecraft :colonhash:

I've wasted hours on that thing. I regret nothing :tongue:
On Monday and Tuesday,my English Language fate will be decided.I will look for an extra mark in S&L but this really is it but i might resit-i need 21-22/24 for an A* overall,in English Language.I have already got an A already or would only need 1-2 marks,in this exam.
On Monday and Tuesday,my English Language fate will be decided.I will look for an extra mark in S&L but this really is it but i might resit-i need 21-22/24 for an A* overall,in English Language.I have already got an A already or would only need 1-2 marks,in this exam.

What question were you given to answer?
What question were you given to answer?

I have to write a terrorist response speech,for the prime minister,after the Metropolitan Police received an anonymous tip off,from a member of the terrorist group,that they are planning a terrorist attack,on British soil.I need to persuade the public not to panic and convince the terrorist group to stop their attack.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
That's awesome :biggrin: When is it?

In the Easter Holidays, so thats the downside :redface:
Hey guys
Reply 1971
In other news, I got an A for my first module in Art today :smile: Obviously I would have prefered an A*, but I was actually really pleasantly surprised, I havn't got on with this unit at all and I expected a B at best.

:redface:

What was the topic based on- was it objects by any chance? I do Art GCSE aswell but its not really my thing (only picked it as we had to choose an Arts subject).
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
In the Easter Holidays, so thats the downside :redface:

Ahh, that's a shame. Still, it's an interesting experience or whatever, and you still have 1 and a half weeks to relax :biggrin:

Original post by Saleemadat
Hey guys

:hi: Hi, I haven't seen you in a while :smile:

Original post by Mahii
What was the topic based on- was it objects by any chance? I do Art GCSE aswell but its not really my thing (only picked it as we had to choose an Arts subject).

Nope :nah: the topic was 'Natural Forms'.

I don't mind Art. To be honest I thought I would enjoy it more than I do, as I find it a bit limiting at times, still, it's nice to have a few lessons a week where I don't really need to think :smile:

Your school might be breaking the law.

RE is not compulsory in our school, we will be turning into an academy so we have already changed our curriculum accordingly.
RE is not compulsory in our school, we will be turning into an academy so we have already changed our curriculum accordingly.

It doesn't matter RE is still complusory , your school might get round it though PSHE or enrichment days though :smile:
Original post by social outcast
It doesn't matter RE is still complusory , your school might get round it though PSHE or enrichment days though :smile:

Yup on enrichment days, but still we did RE until year 9 and then stopped. Well some of us did
Who actually likes RE? I'm ashamed to say that I do, a bit :redface:. I do full course though, and it's mainly the philosophical parts that I enjoy most.
Who actually likes RE? I'm ashamed to say that I do, a bit :redface:. I do full course though, and it's mainly the philosophical parts that I enjoy most.

I do and i don't like religion too much but love the moral arguments.So pleased with that mock.

I like it, by liking it I mean having debates about the usefulness of religion (Insert Dawkin quotes). I also like the philosophical parts of it e.g. How religion affects the human mind.

I enjoy being allowed to make fun of religion, as it's a subject about opinions, really :biggrin:

I'm not some crazy fanatic Atheist, I just enjoy mocking faith :tongue:

Latest