The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What are the best self-catered halls and are they any good?

Notts is my insurance, but in case i fail or something it'd be nice to know which halls are good for me.

They all seem so pricey! Most of the halls are catered and the self-catered ones seem quite detached from the rest of the campus and halls :s-smilie:. Are self-catered socially as good as the catered halls, because being catered is a big inconvenience n i'd rather cook for myself.

Basically, i'm looking for a socially active, self-catered halls that doesn't look too shabby and if it was a lil cheaper it would help too. Thanks :tongue:
Reply 1
Broadgate Park has around 2,200 occupants and sits over the road from University Park with its 3,000+ students. I personally wouldn't say it's cheap though.

Raleigh Park is the cheapest standard self-catered accommodation option.

St. Peter's Court has just over 800 but is very near-by to Raleigh Park and is all en-suite rooms...which is cheap for an en-suite.

All depends what you'd want out of the room. If you're going to apply then you obviously need to do it sooner rather than later as you aren't guaranteed a place.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i wouldnt look at anything other than broadgate if you course is based in uni park
its not as social as catered but its the best out of those lot
Reply 3
Original post by gunneroy
i wouldnt look at anything other than broadgate if you course is based in uni park
its not as social as catered but its the best out of those lot

And what are you basing all that on?!
Reply 4
Original post by scbond
And what are you basing all that on?!

my personal opinions and those of my friends that live in various self catered halls
should i put a disclaimer in my signature that i am not god?
i even put an "i wouldent..." infront of my post

*disclaimer these are my personal views and i am not an all knowing being
Reply 5
So your opinion is that a site with over 2,000 students very close together isn't as social as just over 3,000 spread over a much bigger area, in very small halls?!

If it was an opinion you wanted to make then why write it as a statement?!
Reply 6
Original post by scbond
So your opinion is that a site with over 2,000 students very close together isn't as social as just over 3,000 spread over a much bigger area, in very small halls?!

If it was an opinion you wanted to make then why write it as a statement?!

yes it is as they are grouped into apartments and rarely know people properly from outside their apartment + 2-3 other ones (a total of 15 people) as opposed to a group of 250-300 people of which you get to know most to some extent and pick your friends off.

im gonna stop arguing with you over what counts as a statement and what an opinion. i hope that most people are intelligent enough to understand the difference between someone opinion and the truth and if they dont they have no business going to Nottingham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending