The Student Room Group

Tesco graduate programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Aphrodite007

How many times? :biggrin: There are practise questions as part of the test procedure.

Calm down! Everyone just wants to put their best foot forward. Thanks. Bye.
Reply 81
Original post by takemethere

Original post by takemethere
If you've applied for Store Management it's just verbal and numerical. If you go on the SHL website you can take mock tests and get graded on them. I've no idea about on the day, sorry.

I just got an email about five minutes ago inviting me to a phone interview :smile: Only got a couple of days to prepare for it but at least it gets it out of the way. Fingers crossed!

Thanks! Don't worry about the phone interview. Just make sure you know their ethos, who their competitors are, why you want to work for them. Also if I remember they asked a question like "give me an example of when you have brought around change"

Good luck! x
Reply 82
Hey I applied for the customer analysis grad role in september - didnt hear back from them for ages so assumed id been unsuccessful. then they emailed me a couple weeks ago bout the psychometric tests. I did them on Wednesday and today I got a call saying Ive got an interview 30th Jan at Cheshunt! wooop so happy but really nervous as this will be my first interview. its a group assessment and then a 45 min individual competency based interview. has anyone else applied for this role, or has anyone been to this kind of interview and got any tips, particularly for the group bit? thanks for any help!
I passed the telephone interview and have a work sample on 15th Feb :smile:
Reply 84
Hello
Has anyone applied for graduate research analysis role? Do they have an assesment day on 2/3 Febuary?
Do you know what will happen on the day?
Don't suppose anyone applied for the technology leadership grad scheme?
Reply 86
Original post by CardiffMathsGeek
I didn't have my expenses paid either :frown: Cost me about £80 for the train ticket alone because it was in their headquarters in Welwyn! Always had them paid before with other companies. Even the small ones! You would've thought how big they are that they could afford it, unlike those of us who are in student debt.

Did you even ask or did you just assume that because they didn't mention it they don't do it? I've heard if you take your receipts with you then they will refund it.
Reply 87
Original post by clo89
Did you even ask or did you just assume that because they didn't mention it they don't do it? I've heard if you take your receipts with you then they will refund it.

Nah they're just slow...
I sent off my petrol receipt a good 2 months ago. I've sent around 10 emails, attempted to call 4 times.. all been ignored
Only just got a reply this week following another email (which was strategically worded!)...they said Sorry I don't deal with it, but will get someone else to look into it

absolute joke, and i bet they only pay like 5p a mile, considering I don't drive a 3 wheeler that's hardly going to cover my petrol expenses!! if and when i ever get it
Reply 88
at the end of my assessment day yesterday they handed out forms for us to claim our expenses back, they said they aim to send out the cheques to us within 4 weeks. The interview and group assessment were fine, don't know why I was so worried before hand. All pretty straightforward and the obvious interview questions came up - there were none that made you feel like they were trying to catch you out. Don't know if I did well enough to get to next round but as it was my first grad job interview I'm just glad for the experience!
Reply 89

Me too- good luck!

I have a assessment coming through where abouts is it in Cheshunt.
Original post by killerg16
I have a assessment coming through where abouts is it in Cheshunt.

What stream are you applying for? They should tell you at some point! Mine was for corporate affairs and was at Theobalds Park.
Hello all

I have an assessment centre day on the 12th March for the Store Manager programme. Anyone else through to it?

Are there further numerical/verbal tests, or is it purely roleplay/leadership activities and face-to-face interview?
Reply 92
Original post by anandv05
Nah they're just slow...
I sent off my petrol receipt a good 2 months ago. I've sent around 10 emails, attempted to call 4 times.. all been ignored
Only just got a reply this week following another email (which was strategically worded!)...they said Sorry I don't deal with it, but will get someone else to look into it

absolute joke, and i bet they only pay like 5p a mile, considering I don't drive a 3 wheeler that's hardly going to cover my petrol expenses!! if and when i ever get it

I see your point now, I had my interview and filled out expense form there and then 30th January, its now 18th March and still no word, everytime I email they are out of office! Did you get yours back in the end?
Anyone else get a spot on corporate affairs scheme?
Reply 94
Original post by clo89
I see your point now, I had my interview and filled out expense form there and then 30th January, its now 18th March and still no word, everytime I email they are out of office! Did you get yours back in the end?

LOL..

yeah i did get it back finally but it was seriously hard work, don't give up and just keep emailing them.

I sent it off in November, and got my expenses back around Feburary I think, in the end they admitted they had lost my expenses form! I just emailed someone called Steve O Reilly and said that I was really concerned because I don't want my bank details to be lying around Tesco head office for anyone to get their hands on, he replied almost straight away and apologised, and then I received a cheque a week later. So god knows who has my bank details now!

Say in the email that you will happily accept a cheque, in order to speed things up!!
Anyone else get a spot on corporate affairs scheme?

I've applied for a different scheme and I'm waiting on the decision, but since you've got a spot, I assume they rang you? Did they get to the point straight away or were they "ummm-ah" about it before telling you yes?
Yes, they rang me. They'll ring you either way, tell you their decision and then give you some (fairly detailed) feedback if they do the same as for mine.
Reply 97
i am filling in the application form, what does other grades mean?

Original post by Casumner
Hi guys, my names craig! I've just signed up to this great site. I was just wondering has anybody had a telephone interview for Tescos graduate scheme? ..

As tonight at 6pm i had my first ever telephone interview. It last 42 minutes. The lady in question asked various questions about the company. My career aspirations. Which were focused on the BUYING aspect of tesco's.

I mentioned that within the seven months of working for tescos as a part time employee i earned a values award, which she said 'very good' ... i know nothing major but??

What tescos five key strengths were. In reply to this question i mentioned, PRICE, EMPLOYEE'S, CLUBCARD SCHEME, INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT, and i couldn't think of the last strength? Which i apologised for stating my mind had gone blank?

At the end of the interview clare mentioned, don't worry you did well! And you will hear back once we have passed the information onto your manager in Tesco.

What signs could i pick up that the interview was a success?

Would like any feedback on this subject.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending