The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by QHF
Is that the one with the village where everything, erm, spirals out of control?

yep :erm: half the town is beyond nuts :s-smilie:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-11/fate/kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-manga-gets-anime

ANN

A COMPTIQ & Comp Ace advertisement on page 228 of the April issue of Kadokawa Shoten's COMPTIQ magazine revealed on Saturday that an anime adaptation of Hiroshi Hiroyama's Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya manga has been green-lit.

Seems anything Fate or Type Moon related can get an anime adaptation at the moment. :p: I read the manga back when A-P's manga database was just getting started and I was contributing a ton of synopses, I remember it being fun but nothing special.
(edited 12 years ago)
pretty good ep of ano natsu :h: wander whats gona happen now with the other 3 :beard:

lemon-senpai ftw :awesome:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-12/sayonara-zetsubou-sensei-manga-to-end-in-9-more-chapters

ANN

This year's 15th issue of
Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Kôji Kumeta will end his Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei within nine more chapters. Barring any delays or skipped weeks, the manga will end in May.The high school comedy centers around a pathologically depressed teacher who somehow finds the will to deal with a class of oddball students. Kumeta launched the manga in Weekly Shōnen Magazine in 2005, and Kodansha published the 28th compiled book volume last month. Del Rey began publishing the manga in North America in 2009, and Kodansha Comics will release the 14th volume next month, after taking over Del Rey's titles.

That settles it then, I'll probably start buying SZS. I'd considered it for a while, but at 28 volumes long and no sign of an end (until now) I wasn't sure how long I'd end up collecting it for. :p:
:lies: - Well, SZS is definitely still a contender for the next series I start, some day in the future, but while shopping on Amazon earlier I purchased volume 1 of Gate 7 instead at the last minute. Figured that since half my manga list is titles I watched as anime first, I'd start something new... though I'm still sticking to a group I know well. :p: And for all that a load of TL notes are usually required to fully appreciate CLAMP's works, I can't imagine they'll need 12 pages worth (which is apparently the amount of TL notes in volume 1 of SZS alone). :giggle:
Reply 2945
This episode of Black Rock Shooter...

And this episode of Guilty Crown...
(edited 12 years ago)
Got sent volume 2 of Wish instead of volume 1 (damn Amazon Marketplace sellers). I'm not going to kick up a fuss though, since obviously I'd have bought the second vol at some point, and it was in perfect condition. Of course, I've now had to buy vol. 1 *again* from a different seller so that I can actually start it... again I'm not complaining, it's a valid excuse to buy more manga than I usually would. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Gate 7 arrived (the correct volume, thankfully). Haven't read it yet, but checked the TL notes out of curiosity - there's *only* 6 pages worth. :giggle:

Anime-wise, I resumed and caught up with Amagami SS+... still mediocre, though Sae's arc featured the hilarious narrator again, helping to save an otherwise very boring couple of eps.
Reply 2948
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Anime-wise, I resumed and caught up with Amagami SS+... still mediocre, though Sae's arc featured the hilarious narrator again, helping to save an otherwise very boring couple of eps.

Because Joji Nakata is a wizard and there's few things he can not save.
after picking up Another this season, had a sudden urge to watch horror/mystery series so i started Shiki :teeth: up to ep 7 now, after the first few slowish eps, its starting to get good now :colone:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Gate 7 arrived (the correct volume, thankfully). Haven't read it yet, but checked the TL notes out of curiosity - there's *only* 6 pages worth. :giggle:

Yes, the Sae Narrator makes the entire Sae arc bearable to watch. It was hilarious in the first season, pretty funny this time as well but I felt less so. But I guess with the shortness of the arcs, it can't be helped as they have to fit in a coherent and "emotional" story. Amagami has been largely mediocre this season. I am disappoint.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-17/ichigeki-sacchu-hoihoi-san-manga-gets-new-anime

A new anime adaptation of
Kunihiko Tanaka's Ichigeki Sacchu!! HoiHoi-san manga was announced as green-lit at the Dengeki Game Festival 2012 event on Sunday. The story revolves around a cute robotic bug exterminator in the future.

Tanaka serialized the manga in ASCII Media Works' Monthly Comic Dengeki Daioh magazine, and ASCII Media Works compiled the series into one book volume. The manga already inspired a short anime special, with Rie Kugimiya in the title role and Rie Tanaka as Combat-san, that was bundled with that book volume in 2004. There is also a sequel manga called Ichigeki Sacchu!! HoiHoi-san Legacy that ran in Dengeki Black Maoh and Dengeki Daioh magazines.

:excited: I love the manga, and the short OVA was fun too... wonder what form this anime will take; I'm not sure I could imagine it as a full length TV series, but I'd at least like to see it go on longer than 11 minutes this time. :p:

Possibly of interest to some people:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-18/beelzebub-tv-anime-to-end-on-march-25

ANN

The
Beelzebub television anime series will end next Sunday, March 25, on its 60th episode. The anime magazines had revealed on March 10 that the anime is ending, and the official Twitter account for the anime corroborates this. However, Ryūhei Tamura's original manga is still continuing, and the last anime episode is titled "Sayonara wa Iimasen" ("We Don't Say Farewell"). Crunchyroll has been streaming the anime into several countries as it airs in Japan.

Update: Tamura also noted the anime's ending in this year's 15th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jumpmagazine last Monday. [Via Manga News]
(edited 12 years ago)
Started watching Tenchi Muyo recently. So far so good.

I watched this last night:

It's not as trippy as Fantastic Planet, but it's not far off :lol:
Just got the main events of several chapters of Negima spoiled for me by the intro to the Movie, which gave a summary of chapters from 308 onwards... I've only read up to 294, so watching it now was a fail on my part. :o: For some reason I assumed it would continue straight from where Mou Hitotsu no Sekai left off, some 100 chapters ago. Still, better to find out what's going to happen by watching the anime than by reading some spoiler online, at least. :p: Since the story goes anime original from that intro onward though (as far as I know), no harm in continuing to watch the rest. :yes:
Reply 2954
Beelzebub reached 60 episodes? Man I'm glad I dropped it then, it was tedious after ~10.

I could imagine myself still sitting there..."Ok I'll just give episode 50 a chance..."

I'm behind on everything :emo:
Another 10 just got a bit crazy towards the end :teeth:

Spoiler

half way through shiki, man i love the soundtrack :love: it makes me feel so like :coma: everytime i watch it

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Truered
Beelzebub reached 60 episodes? Man I'm glad I dropped it then, it was tedious after ~10.

I could imagine myself still sitting there..."Ok I'll just give episode 50 a chance..."

I'm behind on everything :emo:

:hmmm:

you need to sacrifice your stupid ponies :sadnod:
Reply 2957
Original post by eugenius 8
:hmmm:

you need to sacrifice your stupid ponies :sadnod:

I tried looking through the website I used to use to buy anime figures, but couldn't really find anything that caught my interest. Well one or two things, but they were over £100 and sod that.

Tis odd to think about how much I spent on figures during 2009-2010.

And scary :colondollar:
Reply 2958
Original post by Truered
I tried looking through the website I used to use to buy anime figures, but couldn't really find anything that caught my interest. Well one or two things, but they were over £100 and sod that.

Tis odd to think about how much I spent on figures during 2009-2010.

And scary :colondollar:

All totally worth it. I'm just looking forward to the day I can make my own inner sanctum/retreat/Batcave out of it all.

Speaking of OSTs, Fate/Zero was worth it for this:

Reply 2959
ararararagi has spent too much time molesting young girls in nisenmonogatari :wtf:

Latest