The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do most Liverpool fans on here want to sell Aqualani?
Original post by lifeshard
I thought this about Suarez. Thankfully I was proved wrong. I thought this about Downing and Enrique/as well tbh. Not that they're even close to the same thing lol.

Suarez- playing in the Dutch league which isn't as good as the Premier League, and Ajax had little chance of ever winning any European trophies. Downing and Enrique came from clubs that are described as 'smaller', although I disagree. Your reasoning is strange!
Original post by Karma Charger
Thank God, don't really post here and I was starting to think all of you thought the same thing (Mess. aside :colondollar:)

A lot of fans still think we're this massive pulling power when we aren't. And to your other question, id like to see Aquilani stay but he clearly doesn't like England and he expects CL football.
Original post by CB91
A lot of fans still think we're this massive pulling power when we aren't. And to your other question, id like to see Aquilani stay but he clearly doesn't like England and he expects CL football.

Has he ever said explicitly he doesn't like it here, or has Dalglish/Hodgson willingly let him go because he didn't want to go?
Original post by CB91
Some deluded fans in this thread. :facepalm2:

Some of us just have higher hopes.
Did you honestly think you had a chance with Hazard to begin with? :lolwut: Whoever said Cavani as well, no, just no :facepalm2:

Scroll down.
Has he ever said explicitly he doesn't like it here, or has Dalglish/Hodgson willingly let him go because he didn't want to go?

Last year his agent said:

“Aquilani to Napoli? I don’t think it would be an easy negotiation but if the will is there why not? I have not spoken to (Napoli sporting director Riccardo) Bigon but the player wants to remain in Italy, If something was to come up he would be happy. I have not spoken to Alberto but Napoli is an important club, If Napoli considered Aquilani to be an important player, he would be open to negotiations.”

I think he's said he doesn't want to play in England, but I cba to find quotes.
Original post by CB91
Last year his agent said:

I think he's said he doesn't want to play in England, but I cba to find quotes.

Shame, he'd easily slot into your midfield IMO.
Original post by So Instinct

Nope, some of the players you are suggesting is bordering on delusion.
Reply 4349
I'm bricking it at the mere prospect of meeting you at Wembley.

What a match that would be, what an occasion. Terrifying.
Nope, some of the players you are suggesting is bordering on delusion.

Cool story.
Anyway, I didn't suggest it, someone else said they were confident we would buy him. I simply said "if" we do go for it.
Reply 4351
Cool story.
Anyway, I didn't suggest it, someone else said they were confident we would buy him. I simply said "if" we do go for it.

Why do you keep posting and deleting the same thing? Are you checking KC's post history so that everytime he posts you re-quote him :lolwut:
Original post by Mess.
Why do you keep posting and deleting the same thing? Are you checking KC's post history so that everytime he posts you re-quote him :lolwut:

What would that accomplish? Ofc not. I deleted it once then decided to leave it there. I was also trying to get the arrow in my sig in the right place, since it doesn't show it in correlation with the options in preview.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4353

There's a difference between hope and delusion.
Funny interview with Didi on the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/16/dietmar-hamann-liverpool-small-talk

Didn't realise he was smoking that many a day when he was playing for us!
We'll see J.Cole, Aquilani, Aurelio, Kuyt and Maxi leave the club.

We won't sell anyone - the emphasis will be on squad depth, considering it's highly likely we'll be in the Europa League and the owners will want to make sure we finish in the top4 next season.

I think we'll pull one of amazing signing and a couple of decent ones (2nd-4th choice on our list of targets).
Really don't want Kuyt to leave. Where would he go?
Reply 4357
Original post by Belle-x

I think Galataseray were rumoured to be interested. I'd guess an eastern european team with money?
Original post by Zerforax
Funny interview with Didi on the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/16/dietmar-hamann-liverpool-small-talk

Didn't realise he was smoking that many a day when he was playing for us!

That was great, thanks for sharing :biggrin:
Original post by Belle-x

Russia, China, MLS, Holland, Italy, smaller team in the premier league?

I think the problem is that he still wants to play week in and out but Kenny obviously doesn't see him in that with a view to the long term.

Shame really, I'd quite like to keep him for a bit. Will turn 32 in the summer though.