The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Just wanted to say, for anyone applying for English and wondering about processing time, my application was complete on the 30 Jan (before the 1st Feb deadline for funding) and I got my offer on the 15th of February, so they seem to be pretty on top of their game, unlike some other departments!
Reply 641
Original post by janjanmmm
No, not at all. As far as I understand, they hardly looked at applications before the deadline, only exceptional applicants got offers, while only the ones who have no chance got rejected. Everyone else will get decisions more or less together, so until you see a waterfall of decisions rolling past you should not worry. So far I only saw one or two people.

And- everyone is welcome :smile:

that's good to hear..cos ucl is still my first choice..

anyway anyone knows how big is the msc econ n msc econ policy intake? i.e. how many offers do they make?:smile:
Reply 642
Original post by crazy00
Hey..best of luck! In my case they updated the status in portico saying 'conditional offer'.

Thank you! Can you tell me what program did u apply for? How long does it take to get response? It's been 9 weeks for me still waiting...
Reply 643
Thanks for this, mishia j.
Can I just ask, did you apply for MA or PhD in English?
Many thanks :smile:

Original post by misha j.
Just wanted to say, for anyone applying for English and wondering about processing time, my application was complete on the 30 Jan (before the 1st Feb deadline for funding) and I got my offer on the 15th of February, so they seem to be pretty on top of their game, unlike some other departments!
Reply 644
Original post by hsinying
Thanks for this, mishia j.
Can I just ask, did you apply for MA or PhD in English?
Many thanks :smile:

Sorry for not specifying earlier - I applied for the MA in Modern Cultures. So chuffed I got in, it's an amazing sounding course! :biggrin:
Any updates from anyone on MSc Econ/Econ Policy? I've been waiting almost 10 weeks now! And I know lots of people have been waiting longer.
Reply 646
got my offer for MSc Economic Policy =) i'm now trying to apply for accommodation but the application portal won't accept my credentials! has anyone applied for accommodation? how do i get my user id and password? thanks!
Reply 647
Original post by KAIIK
Thank you! Can you tell me what program did u apply for? How long does it take to get response? It's been 9 weeks for me still waiting...

Don't worry...it was almost three months for me :tongue: I applied for NCS.
Original post by whoooosh
got my offer for MSc Economic Policy =) i'm now trying to apply for accommodation but the application portal won't accept my credentials! has anyone applied for accommodation? how do i get my user id and password? thanks!

Hey! Awesome, congrats! When/how did you hear? Also, would you mind letting us know your credentials so that we can kind of compare and see where we are? Also, are you from the UK or international? thanks so much, and again congrats!!!
Reply 649
i found out through portico first, then i received the offer letter in the mail. i'm not studying in the UK and i'm doing a double degree in chemical engineering and economics, with a second upper honours in both. good luck everyone! (btw if anyone can enlighten me on the accommodation application procedure i'd be v grateful!)
the econ program deadline (March 1rst) and the last open day (march 14th) have passed and still now news of econ offers!! anyone knows when is the last deadline for UCL to gove out offers? Could we have to wait till end of August to figure out if were accepted or not? :angry:
right now i don't care if its a rejection as long as i get an answer from them so i start making alternative plans. Losing patience!!!
Just got a conditional offer (2:1) for the MRes in Linguistics (Phonology), and invitation for an interview for AHRC funding on Thursday. Anybody else here applied for that/a related course? :-)
Reply 652
Original post by crazy00
Don't worry...it was almost three months for me :tongue: I applied for NCS.

Ahh... That's quite a long time! seems like I need to be more patient

Cheers mate:smile:
Reply 653
Original post by AUBstudent
the econ program deadline (March 1rst) and the last open day (march 14th) have passed and still now news of econ offers!! anyone knows when is the last deadline for UCL to gove out offers? Could we have to wait till end of August to figure out if were accepted or not? :angry:
right now i don't care if its a rejection as long as i get an answer from them so i start making alternative plans. Losing patience!!!

I was invited to the Econ Dept open day and notified that I should be receiving an offer (Msc Econ). I think they are working through the applications now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by handy11
I was invited to the Econ Dept open day and notified that I had should be receiving an offer (Msc Econ). I think they are working through the applications now.

Hopefully they will reply soon!!! and congrats for ur offer :smile:
Reply 655
Original post by whoooosh
i found out through portico first, then i received the offer letter in the mail. i'm not studying in the UK and i'm doing a double degree in chemical engineering and economics, with a second upper honours in both. good luck everyone! (btw if anyone can enlighten me on the accommodation application procedure i'd be v grateful!)

Hi there, I had the same problem which took me a while to figure out. If you into portico and then go to view your offer your UCL id is at the very bottom of the offer page. It's mentioned under the heading of 'further details'. Once you get that you have to register an email address and then you're all set to apply for accomodation.
Reply 656
Original post by KAIIK
Ahh... That's quite a long time! seems like I need to be more patient

Cheers mate:smile:

Hey which programme did u apply for? :smile:
Reply 657
Original post by ellemay816
Any updates from anyone on MSc Econ/Econ Policy? I've been waiting almost 10 weeks now! And I know lots of people have been waiting longer.

Economics is definitely moving now - I didn't apply until 10 Jan and got a conditional offer through today. Now I've got to choose between UCL and Warwick for MSc Economics... Good luck with yours! :biggrin:
Reply 658
Original post by andydb
Economics is definitely moving now - I didn't apply until 10 Jan and got a conditional offer through today. Now I've got to choose between UCL and Warwick for MSc Economics... Good luck with yours! :biggrin:

Hey there congrats! Just wondering, did you get notified through email or portico?
Reply 659
Original post by andydb

Nice one, your in exactly the same position as me.

I got notified through email and portico.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending