The Student Room Group

Help with my graphic design uni choices!

Okay, this is only my second post, so bear with me!

So I've had a relatively bad ucas track day- I got rejected from both Brighton and Kingston today (my top two choices, sad times!) for BA graphic design (W210)... So I'm guessing my online portfolio isn't upto scratch.
And it's just got me really worried, I've got three places left- camberwell (who have accepted me, thank god!) Epsom (which is my least preferred option) and bournemouth (which I have an interview for)

So really it's between Bournemouth and camberwell but my Bournemouth interview seems ridiculously late (April 24th) and i've heard from some people that apparently they sometimes just interview people even if they don't have any spaces left (which sounds ridiculous, but im still worried!). Also my dads not to keen with the whole camberwell location- I've been for open days but is it really that bad?!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated! And sorry if this comes off whiny and long winded! I'm just very panicky! Xxxx
Reply 1
Original post by yougotthelove
Okay, this is only my second post, so bear with me!

So I've had a relatively bad ucas track day- I got rejected from both Brighton and Kingston today (my top two choices, sad times!) for BA graphic design (W210)... So I'm guessing my online portfolio isn't upto scratch.
And it's just got me really worried, I've got three places left- camberwell (who have accepted me, thank god!) Epsom (which is my least preferred option) and bournemouth (which I have an interview for)

So really it's between Bournemouth and camberwell but my Bournemouth interview seems ridiculously late (April 24th) and i've heard from some people that apparently they sometimes just interview people even if they don't have any spaces left (which sounds ridiculous, but im still worried!). Also my dads not to keen with the whole camberwell location- I've been for open days but is it really that bad?!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated! And sorry if this comes off whiny and long winded! I'm just very panicky! Xxxx

Don't get too down on your portfolio, some places just have different tastes. Some prefer conventional type usage, some prefer creative and experimental graphic design. If you are not happy with your choices there are still places available in extra for lcc and westminster.
Reply 2
i do a foundation course and got rejected from brighton for graphic design and so did my bestfriend who is amazing! so just shows its very hard to get in there. I live near kingston and nightlife and social isnt great same as camberwell, it lives up to its name but the facilities arent great at all my sister done her foundation there and its in a horrible area you do not want to live there! i have a few friends at bournemouth uni and love it ive stayed down there and the nightlife and town is amazing! i visited the arts college open day aswell so if you get an offer from them then seriously go!
Reply 3
really sorry to hear about the rejection!! did you have an interview on the 9th? i was there that day too and unfortunately i haven't heard back.

if i don't get into brighton this year i'm going to try again next if there isn't many clearing choices.

do you have the online portfolio link you sent them? i'd really like to see other peoples work :smile:
Reply 4
apparently if they reject you, you cant reapply to the same uni the following year, i dont know how true that is
Reply 5
Original post by lmaria
apparently if they reject you, you cant reapply to the same uni the following year, i dont know how true that is

serious? where did you hear that?
Reply 6
careers people at my college last year, not sure if its true though I don't see what would stop you applying
Reply 7
hi guys, ah sorry for not replying soon! but thank you for all your advice!!! also yeah you can apply to the same uni the next year, one of my sisters friends re-applied to brighton for 2nd year graphics after she got rejected from first year! hope all of your uni stuffs going okay :biggrin: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest