The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BIOL5 22nd June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Results day tomorrow, it should hopefully give me a kick up the butt so I'll actually do work this time.
Reply 61
Is anyone retaking Biol4 :frown: as well as this unit
Reply 62
Original post by ned6494
Is anyone retaking Biol4 :frown: as well as this unit

im doing bio2 bio4 and bio5 :frown:
Reply 63
Original post by kingam

Bio 2 and 5. I guess a little silver lining is that we'd have had to have known them for essay anyway. :/
Reply 64
Original post by Chihiro94
Bio 2 and 5. I guess a little silver lining is that we'd have had to have known them for essay anyway. :/

yh i suppose so i have had it to be fair what did you get in bio4 then
Reply 65
Original post by kingam
yh i suppose so i have had it to be fair what did you get in bio4 then

82 ums. I wouldn't have really wanted to resit anyway, it's the day after my birthday, and I'm pretty sure I'd be in no fit state for a morning exam :biggrin:
Original post by kingam

Same here, bit worried about the essay for Unit 5 but at least I'll still know things from Unit 4 and 2 to help me :smile:
Reply 67
http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/

try this site guys it got a useful BIO section with all the past paper questions organised into topic based packs, but the papers section isn't fully uploaded yet.

http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/packs5.html
Reply 68
Got an A in biol4 but im SO worried about biol5. How am i supposed to revise for the essay, like I have to know everything from the syllabus? :s-smilie:
Are you guys going to revise the previous units then too? :s-smilie:
I'm doing BIOL4 and BIOL5 in June :frown:
I've not started working for unit 5 yet, I'm just finishing up inheritance for unit 4, I'm hoping to start the unit five stuff next week.
Reply 70
Original post by EffKayy
Got an A in biol4 but im SO worried about biol5. How am i supposed to revise for the essay, like I have to know everything from the syllabus? :s-smilie:
Are you guys going to revise the previous units then too? :s-smilie:

Yes, I've already made revision notes for Unit 1 and have the ones from Unit 4, just need to make Unit 2 notes. :biggrin:
A in BIOL4, I'm hating BIOL5 essays though! I haven't done a single essay since GCSE :s-smilie:
I love BIOL 5.(so far), Getting As in my muscles and nervous system tests in class :ahee:

edit- get a life whoever negged
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sachinisgod
I love BIOL 5.(so far), Getting As in my muscles and nervous system tests in class :ahee:

Unit 5 is awesome, much more interesting than Unit 4. Not looking forward to the essay though.. need to learn Unit 1, 2 and 4 again. :frown:
For anyone who doesn't know... 40/100 marks on the Unit 5 paper are synoptic. :sad:
Original post by NutterFrutter
For anyone who doesn't know... 40/100 marks on the Unit 5 paper are synoptic. :sad:

Wasn't it just the essay? I need to go through a paper to really see it, I've only gone June 2010 one. Has anyone got access to the June 2011 one?
Original post by LifeIsGood
Wasn't it just the essay? I need to go through a paper to really see it, I've only gone June 2010 one. Has anyone got access to the June 2011 one?

No, it's not just the essay. :frown: I think I either read it on the specification or on an examiners report that 40 of the marks are synoptic.
Original post by NutterFrutter
No, it's not just the essay. :frown: I think I either read it on the specification or on an examiners report that 40 of the marks are synoptic.

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know! I'm going through the paper now and seeing if it is and I'll have a look at the examiner's report.

How'd Unit 4 go for you?

I have no idea how to start to prepare for the synoptic essay :confused:
There's a data analysis part, kinda like a mega how science works worth 15 marks!
Reply 79
does anyone have the Biology Paper Unit 5 June 2011?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending